What was the last time you revisited an album and ended up enjoying it more than you did before?

What was the last time you revisited an album and ended up enjoying it more than you did before?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/eGeF9ooGirc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

fuck this band

good question. picked this one up again a few months back

The other day I changed my rating of Au.Ra - Janes Lament from 2.5 to 3

Agree, the band name on that album should be Opal
Kendra >>> Hope

youtu.be/eGeF9ooGirc

Neurosis - Through Silver and Blood
I had it at a 3. Now I think it's at least a 3.5, maybe higher.

>mentions Opal

every fucking time without fail, some fucking splurge like yourself has to mention Opal, like youre in on some secret band related to Mazzy that no one knows about. I bet you suggest Opal to tumblr girls on a weekly basis in hopes that they will fuck you.

>fucking splurge

These guys are the saving grace of the artistic and creative wasteland that is alt metal.

Rly? I'm an oldfart that visits Sup Forums once a month at best. Didn't know it was a thing, good to see there are still ppl who still remember that Opal existed. Kendra deserved better.
You know the first Mazzy Star album and half of Tonight... and the first Kendra solo album was written for Opal? Dave had the demos locked up but recently the chick that played keyboards (never knew her name) said she had about 5 tapes of unreleased material but since it's not "hers" she cant release them.
I don't go to Tumblr but this is some good pasta for those grills, maybe they can convice her to pirate those tapes.

btw, if my memory serves me, this is the second time I mention them in Sup Forums for years, maybe my original post became pasta, who knows. And yeah, i like Mazzie Star too and even saw them live before the breakup, everyone kept asking them to play " fade into you" and they ignoredt them until the encores, when they would turn on all the light in the arena and rushed through it, after a 10+ minute version "mary of silence"
It was a good show, but when I discovered the whole story later I would've kill to see Kendra in that situation telling the audience to fuck off.

one of the most unattractive album covers in recent history.

shitty band too.

>alt-metal
>75% of the album is just hard rock

Alt-rock meets The Cure
The debut was Pearl Jam tier alt-rock

Recently gave this one a spin, used to love it in my teen edgy years and forgot it existed snce then.
It surprisingly aged way better than expected, ironically sounds more modern (and better) than current KMFDM

i listened to this when i was new to metal and liked it for the sake of the screams and heaviness and "metalcore"
but recently when i revisted it i noticed there's actually a lot of details and all the small things that makes this album so enjoyable. there's vast variety of sounds and still manages to be so consistant. overall a really heavy and tight experience

Ended up being my undisputed AOTY after only “liking” it for a few months after the release

That album got me laid 3 times, then it got surpassed by "the boatman's call".
"Into dust" was the queue to make the move, worked every fucking time

They have a bright future ahead of them

Disintegration

I think it clicked on like the tenth listen

Cornell's first solo album. Revisited it after his death and liked it a lot more. May have been biased by recent events, but it's solid stuff.

The Knife - Silent Shout
Ignored it for years bcs its fanbase, during the 00s TK was the poster band art-school fag hipsters. "Pass this on" sounded in every hipster gay club.
Took me a few years until I could listen to that band properly

why were you in hipster gay clubs user

Listened to this for the first time in about four years last month. The deep cuts are a lot better than I remember them being