youtube.com/watch?v=DLGrXGEMOSo
mathgoodies.com/calculators/random_no_custom.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bang Boom Bang

I really like the book

As above , So below

Good mumblecore

What is that pic?

Pulgasari. A North Korean Kaiju movie. Yes, NORTH Korean.
whole thing is available on youtube with english subs.

some other underrated N. Korean Kino is the Flower Girl
youtube.com/watch?v=BqUUsdoLXx4

Wtf I love North Korino now!

This one had great soundtrack. Kino

Conduis

Queimada / from the director of Battle of Algiers with Marlon Brando
The Desert of the Tartars / great adaptation of a kafkaesque book
The Front / comedy about Hollywood blacklist with Jewy Allen
Faccia A Faccia / spaghetti western with real psychological depth and georgeous Morricone score
The Last Valley / medieval epic with Michael Caine, amazing score
Malpertuis
A Time To Love And A Time To Die / Douglas Sirk war melodrama
Mondo Cane / really kino anthropological pseudo-documentary with black humor with great Riz Ortolani score, like a subverse and crazy version of shit like Qatsi
The Sun Shines Bright / John Ford's favorite film of his
L'Aveu / Gavras best political satire film alongside Z
I Mostri / the pinnacle of Italian 60's comedy? Visually superb and incredibly clever
The Married Woman / Godard at his most sincere and sensitive? Visually gorgeous
The Man From Rio / Fun adventure pulp with real visual flair
1941 / Spielberg and Zemeckis doing a war comedy epic, shitload of talent and ideas, an interesting failure
The World, The Flesh And The Devil / really neat B&W b-movie if you like stuff like Rod Serling Twilight Zone/Planet of Apes or I am Legend
Sex And Fury / sexy violent Japanese exploitationkino
Major Dundee / Peckinpah trying to be David Lean and Moby Dick
Violent Saturday / early post-noir stylized crime-gangster flick from an underrated Hollywood master
Saragossa Manuscript / pure Polish kino, unique storytelling

Who cares? No one ever follows up on these kind of recommendations.

Forgot description for
>Malpertuis
/ Belgian gothic horror comedy with a surreal vibe and Orson Welles, a bit reminiscent of Polanski's vampires film for its post-Hammer art direction/atmosphere

>Who cares? No one ever follows up on these kind of recommendations.
I'll watch one of these and make a thread tomorrow, my famalein. Which one would you recommend most?

The Offence.

It's a film directed by Sidney Lumet and the main protagonist is Sean fucking Connery, yet I have never seen or heard anyone mentioning it.

>North Korino
Best Korino!

It depends my man, what are your favorite types of films, etc? Given the descriptions, pick the one that appeals to you the most? I'd say my favorite is Faccia A Faccia, but that's because I have a boner for the aesthetics of spaghetti westerns. It was written by one of Leone's writers and has one of the finest Morricone scores.

Great film, also The Hill, another Hill/Lumet kino. Opens with one of the most impressive long takes alongside Soy Cuba or Touch of Evil.

Wake in Fright
Not super obscure, but one of the wildest films I have seen in a long while. Highly recommended for anyone with a sense of adventure and manliness.

You're right but i'll atleast put some of these movies in my backlog

Even Dwarfs started small

While Werner Herzog gets a lot of attention, his best film is rarely mentioned.

pic related might not be as obscure as some films in this thread but I just personally feel it never gets enough attention

Let Us Prey and Wake Wood are two pretty decent horror movies, and Wake Wood even has Aiden Gillen in it

The Searchers 2.0 is a terrific film but hard as fuck to find, would love to see it again

I do. I will look into them and download what I can. But it does help, not making your list too long. Keeps the threshold lower.

I Walk the Line(1970) is a decent drama about a older guy trying to recapture his youth and Gregory Peck acting in it is great.

>It depends my man, what are your favorite types of films, etc?
good films. Idk, i'll go for the godard one since i've seen most of his 60's stuff

Is there anyone who knows where I could get "Marie Louse ou la Permission"?

On the Silver Globe

I always cry like a bitch at the end

Loved that one.

That was a dank movie

Too bad it will never be fully restored

The Cars that ate Paris
Weird and eerie. A bit like 2000 Maniacs but a lot more disturbing.

King of New York

Hey Sup Forums what was the first movie scene you fapped to?

Kaurismäki is one of my favorite directors. He has a very good attitude which makes me trust his movies. One of the few directors I would like to meet.

IMAGINE

was filmed where I live

Go and fap elsewhere kiddo.

Putney Swope
Anarchic film from a time when progressive still was cool and funny.

Picnic at Hanging Rock

sure it's available for free, but is it worth watching? How would you rate it out of 10?

This place, what Sup Forums has been for quite some time now, is not a place for you and you do know it. Thanks for posting, nonetheless, I appreciate it.

I have no truly obscure recommendations to give out, just wanted to give my thanks to user, but these are my least well-known films that I really enjoyed:

All About Lily Chou-Chou - first and foremost, an ethereal soundtrack (that is actually central to the film's plot), discontented Japanese kids, bullying, growing up, coming to terms with adulthood, learning to hate or appreciate life.

Last Life in the Universe - forms my personal double feature with the above-mentioned. A suicidal man wanders around Bangkok with a cheerful young woman. Often wonderfully meditative, always beautiful. Shot by Christopher Doyle.

The Taste of Tea - my favorite summer film, favorite comedy. Decidedly screwball, incredibly heartwarming. Perfectly captures the fuzzy summery state of wanting to laze around in the blistering heat.

Fish Story - the most obscure of these films, I guess, about an obscure punk rock and an impending apocalypse. Very enjoyable stuff.

Save the Green Planet! is rarely mentioned in discussions about Korean cinema, but it's among my favorites.

I enjoyed The Show Must Go On, The Foul King and The President's Barber, but that's because I love Song Kang-ho. That beautiful, hilarious man is infinitely watchable no matter what he's in.

That's a pretty great film but I wouldn't call it obscure.

Though I wish it was discuss way more here on Sup Forums

He's a leftist.

Im actually marking a lot of these down on my watch list.

came here to post this. what did you think user?

Didn't really know what to make of the film when I watched it, but the atmoshpere is kind of mesmerizing and tender and it stuck with me.

Pretty cool.

this is how you make a real horror film

>He's a leftist.
He's a humanist. And he has integrity. Two rare qualities.

OP here. I am glad for all your serious contributions. Some shit i like

Singapore sling
Electric Dragon 8000v
Pastoral: to die in the country
Tattooed life
A colt is my passport

Are you Australian? I've neither seen it discussed on Sup Forums or anywhere else.
Yeah. Time to get a little sappy. The first time I saw it, I was tired, and it was late at night. I didn't pay as much attention as I ougth to. But nevertheless I got struck with an overwhelming sense of melancholy and dread over those beautiful girls, living apparently perfect lives, being devoured by uncaring nature.

>sure it's available for free, but is it worth watching? How would you rate it out of 10?
it's a north korean Godzilla movie. What else could you possibly want to know? Smoke some weed and start the fun.

No, but I have seen it been discussed a few times every once in a while in threads.

Though I wish it way more popular on Sup Forums especially when compare to other Peter weir movies.

Maybe it needs to be turn into a shitposting meme like Master and Commander

>ITT: films men can't understand

What's the name of a movie where a guy lives with his semi disabled mother. He bathes her. Jerks it to neighbors, I think. Calls his dad who's off on a business trip, but reveals he's cheating on his mom.
Guy tries to hang himself with his belt on his closet door. Saw it on IFC many many years ago. It's an older movie.

Yea, doing that will get some discussion.

Or how about this french (i think) movie that has this kid bang a stray black cat as initiation to some "gang" or rapscallion group

Repoman (1984) and John Wayne was a fag.

youtube.com/watch?v=DLGrXGEMOSo

Spanking The Monkey

There's incest so if anyone gets triggered by that sort of thing, just know, the son fucks the mom.

no, why should i?

to help others reach kino enlightenment

Is it Where's Poppa?

what is this from? i need to know!

See also: Gandahar

Is this movie really considered obscure? Top shelf punk rock movie, no doubt, but it is certainly well known.

The Arrival of Wang

This is a good recommendation

Not sure, but I never hear anyone talk about it on here and participating makes me feel less lonely.

Gay, have this instead.

It's a documentary about crazy people who made a nonsensical exploitation movie called Demon Lover.

Lone star (1996)
Dark Star
The Way of the Gun

yes, i know that most likely a normie list...

an obscure documentary

mathgoodies.com/calculators/random_no_custom.html
I rolled 2. I really liked The Metamorphosis, so that's a good sign.

Well than us three are the only ones enjoying this exceptional film. Astounding soundtrack, based Emilio Esteves, and so many great quotes.
"Look at those assholes, ordinary fucking people. I hate 'em."

Surprisingly a good noir film and for once Monroe doesn't play a disty blond in a film.

>Is this movie really considered obscure?
90's born faggots won't watch movies like this.

Saw this opening night in a theater. Me, my big tittied date, and one other jerk were there. The jerk left about half way through.

So much gold. "Never ignorant, gettin' goals accomplished." Yes that's an acronym.

There's this little ol' film called pulp fiction, you've probably not heard of it, it's pretty obsurce

Phenomenal movie. One of my favorites.

Is it Viva la muerte (1971)?

And since more than a few films itt have well over 20,000 votes on imdb, I figure half that would be "obscure enough."

kamikaze 1986
akumulator 1
pontypool
nightwatch
dead and breakfast
Top of the Food Chain
truffe
twelve months of summer
surf ninjas

Then if votes above 3000 are nixed, we are getting close to actually obscure, except for fans of genre films, in my case, horror and martial arts. Although Coldblooded (1995) and The Wrong Guy (1997) are amazing comedies that really should be much more well known than they are. Coldblooded didn't even make it to DVD, but it's one of my favorite dark comedies about an autistic hit man played by Jason Priestly from the original 90210.

Blind Beast and youth of the beast (no relation) are great

I think the real mark for "obscure" is less than 2000 votes

Now we are getting somewhere

>Hush Sweet Charlotte

Bette Davis is great in that movie. Though I'm surprised by its low IMDB votes.

You haven't even met the man. I have. Still you have notions abt him from his films?..ever heard of Polanski?

This is a quality thread, bookmarked half of these.

Thanks anons.

Tampopo is great.

Yes they are! And I'd say 2000 is kind of the sweet spot, excepting of course genre fans, I'd say most non-genre fans would not have heard of any of these.

Your image is obscurely creepy.

Amen. Yeah, it's weird how some films have a surprisingly low number of votes.

I don't give out a lot of 10s, so I would agree.

why are they doing this?

>good
>mumblecore
pick one

>A Gentle Woman

Robert Bresson tells a dead woman's tale.
Why did she kill herself?
Why do we not sense desperation from the ones who feel it the most?