when will this gay retire?

@6:00
youtube.com/watch?v=Ckc0jN_13vE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MblUp55TNww
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You don't have to listen to him you know

t. faggot

sometimes you have to listen to shit so you can appreciate real music like meshuggah

Why would one of the best progressive metal artists of our time retire when he's putting out more stuff than ever?

because its gonna be shit. salsa music? are you kid dings me? why listen to that when there are bands like NAILS and Pallbearer that are releasing music thats actually good?

Because they sound nothing like Dev. Regardless of some of the hit or miss quality of his more recent work, I still think he’s got a lot of good music left in him. Also who are you to stifle his artistic freedom and creativity? He can do what he wants

I still enjoy his stuff, even if he shoots out way too much material for his own good really.
Are you refering to Casualties of Cool btw?

>he can do what he wants
>does shitty salsa

Dev has literally released new age music that sounds fantastic, but it's cool that you can apparently see into the future

yes, the steaming pile of shit I'm referring to is casualties of cool

I mean it's enjoyable, as a country album it perhaps isn't that great. The female singer has a nice voice on it.

>enjoyable
kek

What problems do you have with it?
..Perhaps plays it too safe?

uh the fact that its pussy country music thats about space and that it literally the worst idea for an album ever in the worst genre of music ever maybe?

whoa, way to out yourself as a teenage metalkid

way to out yourself as a soy goy

disliking country is the soyest thing one can do though, but nice try. maybe if you were manlier and whiter you'd be able to understand country music

>nails
>good
lost hard, thanks user

Casualties of Cool was great btw and one of the best things he's done for years.
A lot of his newer metal stuff sounds contrived and he's literally forcing himself to make it in the case of Z2.

another low t soy goy everyone

>mallcore "power" """violence"""
>not soy
get a load of this guy

low testosterone cuckold blues

this thread is just OP getting frustrated because /metal/ probably told him to take his soyteen hipster shite elsewhere, so he's taking it out in this thread

>blues
>not for low t cuckolds

Listen, it will not be shitty.
If an average middle classer like you or me tried making different genres like this, it would suck. But this is one of those dudes who can get a backing band on a whim. He actually does maybe 25% of the actual work, all he got to do is tell some 23 year veteran of whatever instrument to play and "help him out" on the record, and presto, it will be good. It's too easy.

how is power and violence soy you fucking autism

how is nails powerful and violent? it's basically corporate hot topic music for white girls
now maybe if you were listening to some proper deathgrind or something....

it is when nails waters it down for the hipster soyfork audience

*autist

well I'm off to go fuck my girlfriend, have fun fucking jerking off or with your soy goy boy toys

how long is your gf's penis?

maybe listen to the music and watch videos proving there not scrawny soy goys? whatever, i gotta go. pusses calling. bye.

Nails is Hot Topic-core and your girlfriend is probably 300 pounds. Have a good day.

>b-b-b-but the band members have a bmi of 20 that means it isn't soy
nice try mallpunk

Casualties is literally one of the best things he's done in his career, there's nothing else that sounds like it and calling it a straight up country album makes it a disservice

You don't have to like him but, Put some respect on HevyDevy!

>the 'there's nothing else that sounds like it argument'
>still verse - chorus -verse shit

I see we have a Full of Soy fan.

I don't like them either. How'd you glean that from my post?

>if you don't like soy band a you must like soy band b
it might surprise you user but some of us arent scenegirl soycore listeners

Exactly, there's nothing else that sounds like it despite the " verse - chorus -verse shit", thanks for proving that you don't have a counter argument

The counter argument is none of the other wankery even matters it is still derivative as anything at its core

Structure is important. Narratives do best when they have a beginning, middle and end. Persuasive writing does best when it has a thesis, antithesis and synthesis, each step supported with evidence. Plays do best in 1, 3 or 5 acts.

Short songs do best with a verse-chorus-verse structure. It gives the idea of the song space to develop, and creates familiarity.

I'd have more objection to a whole album of songs in common time or single keys without incidentals than with verse-chorus-verse structure.

dude at least try and act like you know what you're talking about
PV being p4k approved hipster PV is acknowleged by everyone on earth actually into PV

OK alot of things sound just like what you just posted.
It's basically the Black Mirror of music
>WOT IF COUNTRY AND SPACE LIKE AMBIENCE/PROG WAS PUT TOGETHER?
'Uh ok so this is what its like, cool I guess'

I think you responded to the wrong post number.

Actually the one I intended to respond to.

Oh. Well, I'm not the guy you were conversing with. That was my first post in the thread. I have no opinion about that discussion. I was just commenting on your general critique of the structure.

I don't know if you're aware of this but there's more things to music than just song structure

Song structure has to be different to impress people. To tell them 'there's nothing else that sounds like it'. Because if it is too similar, such as basic rock music structure, then yes there is a ton of music like it. The fact there is some bleeps or ambient blops in different places doesn't convince people enough and its really grasping at straws.

>I don't like salsa music so everything devin has made and will make is bad

Then those people are retards and not worth discussing with if they can't realize that something sounds unlike anything else just because it has a conventional song structure

Even a cover song won't sound exactly like the original. It doesn't mean it's worth noting how it's different. Explain to me how this album is significantly different from other music with the same structure?

Because there's no other album that has combined the different genres, sounds and songwriting style that Devin Townsend has to produce an album that sounds like it?

What a terrible thread.

>There are people on this board right now who don't like Casualties of Cool

BASED

Heatwave is more of a country song than Casualties of Cool is and that song is just him taking the piss

youtube.com/watch?v=MblUp55TNww

I'm back bitches and there is nothing good about "soysa" music, which is what it should actually be called. the last good thing this guy made was the new black and that was a long time ago.

thank you based non-soy user for speaking some logic to these idiots for a change

imagine being so low t you can't handle alpha beaner dance music

KEK

and there wearing fedoras. proof that this guy is past it and TRASH

he can do whatever tf he wants, he's just having fun making music

>soy boy philosophy

real musicians make superior music. he will never be one of them.

your baits not even interesting see ya

time to play BOTW?

good riddance

And just like I predicted "soyboy" would just become a word to use in lieu of an actual argument.

except no where in this thread did anyone make such a prediction

asshole

I was referring to my own past posts, basically noting to myself that I knew that soyboy would become this word to insult in lieu of an actual argument, or any argument on Sup Forums in general. Also notice how you didn't argue my point and instead went for what you perceived as the weak point in my post when in actuality I was just saying that in other threads I said that soyboy would become what you use it as, a meaningless buzzword insult in place of any actual argument against the music.

nails is soy as fuck, listen to some real powerviolence