Was he King of the Witches, or a King who was a Witch?

Was he King of the Witches, or a King who was a Witch?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dQ_-rmuPZC4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

King who was also a witch.
Next question.

Why was he called a witch, instead of wizard/warlock?

but how can a male be a witch? wouldnt he be the sorcerer king? or wizard king?

I never saw him use any magic. Was he an alchemist?

No.

You start off as a witch-boy, and when you grow up you become a witch-man. Duh.

He was gay

He set his sword on fire and blew up Gandalf's staff.

Oh.

Ya it's been a while since I've seen the movies.

He was the BTFOer of Gandalf.

>blew up Gandalf's staff.
HACKSON!

what movie/show?

Watch Warlock.

What the fuck was his problem anyway??

Game of Thrones

LoTR is just a dumb childrens book, I wouldn't read too much into things

>Those who used the Nine Rings became mighty in their day, kings, sorcerers, and warriors of old. They obtained glory and great wealth, yet it turned to their undoing. They had, as it seemed, unending life, yet life became unendurable to them. They could walk, if they would, unseen by all eyes in this world beneath the sun, and they could see things in worlds invisible to mortal men; but too often they beheld only the phantoms and delusions of Sauron.

>And one by one, sooner or later, according to their native strength and to the good or evil of their wills in the beginning, they fell under the ring that they bore and under the domination of the One, which was Sauron's. And they became for ever invisible save to him that wore the Ruling Ring, and they entered into the realm of shadows.

>The Nazgûl were they, the Ringwraiths, the Enemy's most terrible servants' darkness went with them, and they cried with the voices of death.

>As a Nazgûl, the Witch King had a wide arsenal of powers. Besides from the common Black Breath any weapon that struck the Witch-King would be destroyed (a fate shared by Meriadoc Brandybuck's and Éowyn's swords), and its bearer would be poisoned. The Witch-King was also a feared sorcerer, having powers over the physical world, breaking Frodo's sword with just a move of his hand, or weakening the Gates of Minas Tirith allowing the Grond to break them. He was stronger at night time. His power fluctuated greatly over his existence, as his powers were bound up with Sauron's own; the more powerful Sauron became, the more powerful the Nazgûl became.

>And they became for ever invisible save to him that wore the Ruling Ring
Yet everyone can see them

They wore cloaks you donut.

That is why they are wearing the cloaks, yes. The cloaks give them a form, and they look like cloaked men.

That's why they wear the cloaks and shit doofus.

They obviously got sick of being run over by horses that couldn't see them only to be resurrected by Sauron so they decided to LARP as muslim women.

In the books he helps Grond knock down the gate of Minas Tirith.

Then why are Frodo's clothes invisible? Check mate athiests

Oh shit

>Witch King: Do you not know death when you see it, old man? This is my hour!
He thought it was his hour. Then he died. Many cases. Sad!

The Nazgul are not wearing their rings. Sauron holds them.

Source?

They're still invisible.

The cloaks have to be special.

>They would have obeyed . . . any minor command of his that did not interfere with their errand — laid upon them by Sauron, who still through their nine rings (which he held) had primary control of their wills . . . — The Letters of J.R.R. Tolkien, Letter 246

Wizard/warlock are newer terms invented by post-christian society.

Witch is actually a non-gender specific term. Men are witches, as are women.

>They're still invisible.
Yes, because as ALREADY quoted, they are permanently invisible.

Who would win?

Can dementors eat souls?

It's kind of their thing.

More like Pimp King of Dankmar amarite

I guess they win then

In real life a witch is specifically a person who was believed to have made a pact with the devil in return for magic, in fantasy it is more vague but usually means some that gets their magic from an evil or 'dark' entity.

Wow, a dumb person calling LOtR dumb, lmao.

Can soneone answer me something? I don't remember the book that much, but strider or gandalf told frodo that the dark wraiths couldn't see him unless he wore the ring? And that's why they needed their horses right?

witch kings have lost their humanity, the dementors would have no effect on them.

>'Can the Riders see?' asked Merry. 'I mean, they seem usually to have used their noses rather than their eyes, smelling for us, if smelling is the right word, at least in the daylight. But you made us lie down flat when you saw them down below; and now you talk of being seen, if we move.'

>'I was too careless on the hill-top,' answered Strider. 'I was very anxious to find some sign of Gandalf; but it was a mistake for three of us to go up and stand there so long. For the black horses can see, and the Riders can use men and other creatures as spies, as we found at Bree. They themselves do not see the world of light as we do, but our shapes cast shadows in their minds, which only the noon sun destroys; and in the dark they perceive many signs and forms that are hidden from us: then they are most to be feared. And at all times they smell the blood of living things, desiring and hating it. Senses, too, there are other than sight or smell. We can feel their presence, it troubled our hearts, as soon as we came here, and before we saw them; they feel ours more keenly. Also,' he added, and his voice sank to a whisper, 'the Ring draws them.'

Almost, they can still see him without the ring on but they don't know where he is, when he puts the ring on they instantly know where he is.

>lmao.
Kettle i'm pot.

Why was he so confident against Gandalf?

>In real life a witch is specifically a person who was believed to have made a pact with the devil in return for magic
This is bullshit made up by Christians

was Tolkien a feminist?

You know why I'm doing the question.

well the entire concept of witches was made up by Christians, so...

Is that Noel Fielding playing the older witch-man there?

What do atheists call people who made a pact with the devil in return for magic?

Not really, story wasn't about gender at all, was against the mechanical mind that transformed his environment that exploded and showed all sorts of new horrors during the first world war.
With great technology comes great responsibility and all that jazz.
The Nazgul are in a sense hard working bureaucrats (officials, kings, people in power with influence over others), when their minds are warped without realizing it they became agents of evil, same as the people working their ass off for every evil regime in history thought they were doing a good job for the greater cause all the while destroying and oppressing everyone around them.
The essence of the ringwraith is that it could be you if you don't think, if you give in to a lust for power, if you simply go down the path of blind ambition which supposedly is very important in this world.
I.e. everyone strives for a bigger house a faster car a better looking wife and your culture and environment you aren't truely happy until you have these things. Hence the people longed for the times of old and decorated the tombs of their ancestors more beautiful then their homes.
They weren't living in the now anymore, they were blind servants obeying any order without thought or feel, living in complete disconect with the world around them.
If people hadn't riled up against the government in the 60's the vietnam war might've gone on for a decade or two because muh democracy must be spread everywhere and if we don't do this communism will spread, two sides of the same coin acting out of fear rather than love.

>can only be killed by women

Rome

Go back to Sup Forums

How does one suck the life energy out of the lifeless?

Do you know the scene i'm asking for?
youtube.com/watch?v=dQ_-rmuPZC4

If he can only be killed by women then what part of a woman determines what kills him? The womb and the X chromosome?
What specific physical properties of these cause an alteration in reality to allow a sharp slab of metal to slice and wound a lifeform?
If today the movies were remade and a man identified as a woman and the studios were forced to allow it to be more progressive then that would negate the effects of his anti-male ward allowing all males to wound him? What if a woman pretended to be a man then would she not be able to wound him?

Can a bookfag explain why the armies of dwarves and all the armies of the elves weren't at the final battles?

After watching the Hobbit trilogy it makes the original trilogy make less sense, because we're left wondering where the fuck the dwarves and elves were in supposedly the most important battles of middle earth. Yeah the elves showed up for the twin towers but what about all the other battles? It really makes you think whether the battles in ROTK were as important to all of Middle Earth as Gandalf claims, because the Dwarves and Elves couldn't even be arsed to show up. Maybe Sauron wasn't even that big of a deal to begin with.

blowjob

Look at OPs pic retard

You can deconstruct any instance of magic like this desu.

They're under attack and defending themselves.

Why would they even wear cloaks. Wouldnt they be more deadly if they were truly invisible?
Wtf i hate lotr now

he was just a wizard(witch)

>le Sup Forums boogeyman
If the word feminist triggers you maybe you should just go back

Why is he a witch yet gandalf is a wizard

Reddit and Sup Forums are the same thing.

Sauron went about trying to Middle-Earth the wrong way, I don't understand why he staggered his final attacks on Gondor instead of just throwing everything he had at them. He knew he would have won, and and after the last bastion of humanity had been conquered, the rest of the world would have been BTFO. It doesn't matter how great his casualties were, without the final great city, men had nothing left.

Because in LotR context a wizard is a maiar.

Saruman even said in the fellowship, "The Nine have already left Minas Morgul." Gandalf, "The Nine?" Saruman, "They crossed the River Isen on Midsummer's eve, disguised as riders in black."

>why are Frodo's clothes invisible?
He has the one ring?

Nazgul ofc.
Dementors aren't real

> Indeed he is in great fear, not knowing what mighty one may suddenly appear, wielding the Ring, and assailing him with war, seeking to cast him down and take his place. That we should wish to cast him down and have no one in his place is not a thought that occurs to his mind. That we should try to destroy the Ring itself has not yet entered into his darkest dream. In which no doubt you will see our good fortune and our hope. For imagining war he has let loose war, believing that he has no time to waste; for he that strikes the first blow, if he strikes it hard enough, may need to strike no more. So the forces that he has long been preparing he is now setting in motion, sooner than he intended.

>because the Dwarves and Elves couldn't even be arsed to show up
By the time the War of the Ring happened there were very few elves even left in middle earth and Sauron didn't even bother with them since they would not be a factor. And the dwarves, which had already been a very low population race anyway since their diaspora, were under attack and it is mentioned that Dale was under siege by orcs as was the Lonely Mountain.

why didn't he wreck shit with his fire sword or his metal ball on weathertop. slash slash kill them all and take the ring.

Because he's a coward.

>If he can only be killed by women
That's not what happened either, it says so right in the book that since Merry helped her (she would have died without him) and he wasn't a "man" but a hobbit and so the Glorfindel's offhand remark came true in two ways.

Son of the Mask

Because they literally fear light and fire above all else. When attacked with fire or light they freak out (see Gandalf hi-beaming them in Pelenor) being creatures of darkness after all.

but his sword is fire. does he fear his own sword.

The Ringwraiths would just keep coming back to life until the ring was Destroyed. If Sauron lived the witch king would simply regenerate

Because "witch" has an expressly negative connotation.

Plus, in Tolkien's setting, "wizard" specifically refers to super-ancient magical dudes like Gandalf and Saruman who were never mortal men, while the Witch King started out as a normal human king before he turned to the dark arts.

yes, that's why he doesn't stab himself with it.

thats like asking if you use a gun would you fear someone shooting you

wizards

Theists

memes

there was only ONE (1) at Helm's Deep.

Which king are we talking about?

the Easterlings had a big battle with the dwarves up by the lonely mountain

Witch King

What are you asking me for? I'm asking you: which king are we talking about?

I told you we're talking about Witch King

whos on first?

You didn't tell me anything.
Which king is the one we're talking about?

Exactly

Exorcist 2

The VVitch

Exactly what?

You hit the nail right on the head. We're talking about Witch King.