This is a shot from a dramatic scene in a harry potter movie

this is a shot from a dramatic scene in a harry potter movie

Did you really expect any kind of decent cinematography from easily one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises? Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

I like it desu

this is a shot from a dramatic scene in the movie the shallows

like clockwork

They seriously thought this was good character design for their main villain ? A slimy wormy pathetic faggot with a vagina in his face?

>You retract that bit about my cunt fucking kids!

It's a shot from a kino pleb and you couldnt even post a webm

He's supposed to look like snake-man

here you go, cunt.

Fiennes was fantastic if maybe a little too energetic compared to quiet ominous Voldemort in the books. Who would you cast as Voldemort?

the character design is fine, it's just that ralph fiennes can't stop making silly faces and weird sounds.

Good but now you have to commission the site to add sound to the film board you raging pedophile.

And you have to include 5 seconds before and after your kino point.

t. Fedoracore redditor

Tim Curry was a thougth way back before Goblet of Fire was released in theaters. But Fiennes was great.

fuck everyone comparing mediums

Fiennes was perfect in GoF. All slimy.

I liked him in OOTP and DH1, by DH2 he's starting to feel like he's dying and trying to compensate

Wow as fun as that would have been Curry is too overflowing with glee. Although a little old for it Bill Nighy could pull off that quiet intimidation.

Wait what's wrong with comparing mediums, especially when it comes to casting choices? That is exactly how the casting is done in the first place.

Because they are inherently different and if you want to compare differences you can start making your long list. He was ominous, just not when he comes back to life on the graveyard because he's giddy

Curry wasn't as upfront in Legend, he was menacing

what else did you expect from children's movies?

>Le children's movie meme
>But I only like the first two why werent they all kids movies!

haha what the fuck

nice false dichotomy

post kino

no those are for children too. no need to be so defensive because you refuse to grow up/are underage still.

You're right, but guess what faggots complain here about everything, loud and often too.

b-but they're pg13!

What the fuck was his problem

Fuck that movie. The leg scene with the earrings made me pass out in theaters.

kek

>Deh!
What did Tom Riddle Jr. mean by this?

They're different but they are not separate, the casting and direction of the characters in the movie is based on the way they're portrayed in the books. You're bringing unnecessary bias into the discussion, nobody is making a list.

Films have completely different necessities than books and you are autistic if you claim otherwise. But besides that he was ominous.

is he getting fucked in the ass? kek

Fuck, I had this post ready pretty much verbatim, and then I clicked Update and yours popped up. Only difference was "Dah!" instead of "Deh!".

they are complementary or separate imo, which means they don't need to be the same

Millenials who made this piece of shit a billion dollars need to be shot into space

>he says from a 4 second clip taken from a ten minute plus scene
Sup Forums really fires up the neurons

I want her to bombarda my dick

dude its epic for the win though
harry potter for life(or lyfe)
we are le army

What would happen if you use
>bombarda maxima
on a person?
Isn't that far better than shooting green Nickelodeon slime?

Why do I keep seeing this pop up?

it would be pretty painful

>brits found this scene frighting
>americans found it hilarious

autism dude LOL its epic

hello harry poofter fan

>reddit

>What would happen if you use
>>bombarda maxima
>on a person?

you'd get a beautiful DUWANG

>tfw I'm american and found it creepy
Am I done for?

Because its true for the most part.

>Atlas Fugged > 1984

Autism that the korinefag encourages.

>s-stupid sexy voldemort

that was the moment I realized I was watching high cinema and that normie plebs would push back on Yates

I was obsessed with Harry Potter, the books, when I was a kid

I only realized in adulthood that the only redeeming aspect of the entire series was the worldbuilding. It had good worldbuilding, but everything else about it was shockingly weak, to the point that I have to wonder what is wrong with people who still like this stuff as adults.

The character doesn't deserve any better than that. If you're going to play such a poorly written character you might as well ham it up.

>tumblr
Found the star wars tourist

No it isn't. The "stretched his legs" thing, for instance, is a complete lie. The Spielberg thing is a lie. James Bond films are hardly beacons of "wonder" or "beauty".

he gets funnier the more screentime he gets. almost every scene in the deathly hallows movies with him was funny to me.

>harry potter is dead, hehehehehe
>uuuuh
>nyeaaaah

you're talking to the anti harry potter autist. now youve dug yourself in a hole get ready for his fedora tipping to intensify

Huh I've only looked at the picture

Who won?

Kek this looks like a music video

Oh, well the picture always gets posted with the pasta.

>harry stretches his neck the same way as voldemort

pottery

Does this? Or this?

They're not adults, they're children of all ages. much like iasip fans[/spoiiler]

wouldn't finely shredded glass cut you more and get everywhere?

>It's an every book begins with school holidays or christmas or some other party thing

It's just sand by that point famalam.

i think he turned it into sand.
wait...are you making a star wars prequel joke?

Harry does the neck thing again in HBP after touching voldemorts ring near the end making it spin.

HP movies have the best magic battles in cinema history. Prove me wrong.

Dumbledore notices this and says he thinks he's found another Horcrux

Harry assumes he's speaking about the Locket

as a kid i always wanted to treat hermione to a footrub after a long day.

I can't, it wasn't even a competition though

>she never showed her feets in the films

wasted opportunity tbqh

i hate how you can only hear the main characters vocally cast their spells. and how they take turns like a pokemon match when they do wizard duels

>god tier
>great gatsby, les misérables
kek whoever made this pic is a humongous faggot with shit taste

>Dumbledore notices this and says he thinks he's found another Horcrux
>Harry assumes he's speaking about the Locket
Nice eye I think he was talking about the locket, but he says 'magic especially dark- ......leaves traces' as he looks apprehensively at Harry. Implying that harry is a Horcrux like we know he tells snape prior to him killing him year 6. This was cool though HBP was the first film released after the books were done.

the part about harry potter being complete shit is 100% true though

>Children, today I will teach you about transfiguration magic. More concretely, I will teach you about animagi. Animagi are the wizards that can use transfiguration magic to transform into animals at will. It is a very long and ardous process and only very skilled wizards such as myself can succeed at it. Unless you are Harry Potter's dad and his friends, then you only need a couple of weeks

HBP needed less romance and more Dumbledore scenes

I feel as though Gambon finally got the role

i'd sniff her stinky gryffindor socks

She showed them on the red carpet hollywood walk of fame. And fortunately in other pictures like that one

And she shows them in Colonia

OH NIGGA THEY DABBIN

how could we have a harry poder thred withot this seen? xD

upboat, I only like LOTR refn and Nolan

lel

The more experienced wizards throw spells around without saying anything most of the times though. Dumbledore, Voldemort, the death eaters, etc. I think it's a rookie thing.

i meant in the HP series.

>how they take turns like a pokemon match when they do wizard duels
Only sometimes. They do in the Dumbledore/Voldemort fight because they want to show off some spectacular spells because they're the most powerful wizards alive, but for instance the battle in the department of mysteries has people firing off spells rapidly without waiting.

I like the film a lot I wouldn't change it.