Would you say you prefer male or female vocals?

Would you say you prefer male or female vocals?

I ask because I was going through my collection today and discovered that around 80% of the stuff I like has female vocals or mixed with the rest being 50:50 male or not present. Maybe I was just a big girl all along and didn't know it.

it depends
i find that i can hear more variety in male voices, but when there's a memorable female voice i remember it more than any male voice

Depends on the genre. In dance music I prefer female vocals, in indie or singer-songwriter it could go either way, in emo/punk i usually prefer male vocals.

female

I think I can agree with you on that. In songs with mixed singers you do tend to hear and focus on the female voice more - maybe it's just a pitch thing.

i usually listen to male singers becuase singers only sing the songs they write mostly these days and i cant really relate to the female point of view because im not a female

all male, guess im a faggot

Sometimes one just fits better than the other. I'm 50/50 on the subject though. No preference.

Female vocals are more pleasing to the ear

Male
I dont like clean singing

same here, "perfect" voices are bland and boring

Male because I can't think of any bands that do music I like with a female vocalist.
Female for Japanese music because there seems to be some sort of rule where males aren't allowed to sing in modern bands, especially shoegaze.

Explains why I like Björk so much

If I had to choose I'd go with female. However, within the Fiery Furnaces I think Matt has the better voice by far.

i only really seek out female vocals in shoegaze and its subgenres
i seek out male in singer-songwriter
everything else im fine with either

i mostly listen to men like 90% of the time because female music is usually god awful lyrically and holds no appeal to me and probably most men.

females are a lot nicer to listen to

This, I also enjoy talking-like singing ala Mark Smith

Female vocals for evocation of the heavenly.
Male vocals for evocation of the earthly.

Generally speaking that is, always are exceptions and fuzzy lines.

how'd you word this perfectly

No preference to be honest, I find that female vocals stand out more easily for me though.

>every female vocalist sings clean/perfect
off yourselves

male voices are more appealing. in fact, males are better at everything except sex

This

Usually male
I only like very very few female artists and they're japanese.

Bjork sounds clean and boring
She ruined 808 State's 3rd Album

In all honesty, voices only stick with me if they have an unique timbre, so most of my music collection is male voices, even if a good deal of my favorite albums have female voices.
Check out She Her Her Hers (more in the vein of Kitchens of Distinction/Unforgettable Fire or Joshua Tree U2/the gazier Sonic Youth tracks) and The Novembers (something between baroque pop and Big Black) for Nipgaze with male vocals.

Meh I don't agree
Most western female artists like Adele, T. Swift, Beyonce, Rihanna, Mariah Carey etc. have shitty voices.
To get something heavenly out of a western female singer you need to watch Disney movies to hear Jodi Benson sing as Ariel or whatever.

>males are better at everything except sex
Bullshit, they're better at sex too

>Female for Japanese music
Japan produced the few female musicians who I can stand to listen like Yui, Miho Hatori and Michiko Endo(obscure indie singer) etc.

I fucking hate most female vocalists because I can tell when people are faking it and not singing with emotion and most females do this because they're not passionate about music like men are. A lot of them like Celine Dion are just showing off their deep vocals or whatever which just sounds utterly dreck to me. Combine all these things with the fact that most western female signers I've heard don't have pretty sounding voices which I prefer to disgusting masculine voices like Adele's(extreme example) and that pretty much guarantees I will never ever like a western female artist.

Also I can't stand "singer music" where somebody else wrote the music. I can easily tell that shit apart and I can tell that they don't mean what they sing so it's hard for me to care about their music.

As you can guess this is not as much of a problem with men since men are inherently more passionate.

That said, I do appreciate a lot the few female vocalists/musicians I like. They always seem to be very nice people unlike the common slut too so no wonder I like their music.