ITT: Post your last 5 rates on RYM, discuss music, & talk shit/be appreciate to/of others

ITT: Post your last 5 rates on RYM, discuss music, & talk shit/be appreciate to/of others

I imagine I'm gonna get a lot of shit for these

Other urls found in this thread:

liveleak.com/view?i=321_1452989262
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I agree with The Doors rating.

Well I agree about Sgt. Peppers

I think it's great, but it's also their most overrated in my opinion.
Doesn't compare quite to the rest of their late career albums

damn youre cute, post dick

i like la woman a bit more maybe or strange days
all good

I agree with your ratings OP

No homo, yeah?
I'll give them a listen.
I have a greatest hits cd for the Doors that I fucking love, so I was a little disappointed that S/T wasn't as consistent as I hoped.
Damn man, why don't you like TPAB?
I personally prefer it slightly. A little too preachy in comparison, but it hits me emotionally a little bit more.
I don't hate damn (probably about a 6/10 for me) but I get that rating for it.

Well I absolutely loved GKMC (as you see) so when people hyped TPAB to be even better I was excited. It's probably the most I've been disappointed after listening to an album. I was expecting some ground breaking modern classic but it turns out it's just jazz-rap revivalism with "woke" lyrics.

>No homo, yeah?
what are you talking about youre like the perfect twink

I actually found it to be the only Beatles record I've listened to that has lived up to the hype. I quite liked Help as well, but that needs more listens before I can rate it.

My album has an average of 2.8 :(

I worked really hard on it.

Fair enough, those are understandable reasons.
I'm a big fan of jazz rap myself lol so it appealed to me.
Not gay mate, sorry to disappoint.
Just a skinny lad.
Fair enough I suppose, to each their own.
The white album is my personal favorite Beatles album (and in my top 10),
I feel like Sgt. Peppers is their least consistent LC album, but that's just me.

>the B side of Abbey Road (with Here Comes the Sun replaced by She's So Heavy) will NEVER be an EP
There's no escaping this feel.

Writing reviews is fun, even if I have no idea what I'm talking about

Hiya cuties.

Doors and GKMC were good albums.
What's your favorite Beatles album?
>TPAB is 5/10
My man what are you doing?

You're cool

also Why sigur Ros so low? It's one of my favourite releases by them

It wasn't bad in any way, just a little too low key for it to hold my attention.
I preferred the second half to the first since it was a little more intense, but post rock isn't really my thing generally

song about fucking sounded exactly how I thought it would....that should not be tbe case for an album people claim is a legendary post-hardcore album....and blanck mass world eater is immense.

pom pom has black ballerina, white freckles, jello...and...thats it. nice rating

only listened to pimp a butterfly and dang , hated them both just like you... is good kid that much better my bro?

lol that sigur ros album....The album flow is fucking amazing, its just that the overl aesthetic just...radio tier post rock personality.

I'm not into punk, but I review every album I listen to for completeness sake so that's why it's so low. Blanck Mass is the shit though

Die

Is the new venetian snares worth listening?

Fuck buttons and ariel pink are good:(
disagree heavily
I like you just for the MGMT rating

fuck kendreck
pretty in pink
Honry
i've been so horny lately
>karajan
end it
whats ur favorite ariel pink
Fuck Hole in Ground
DAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WIDIGIT DFUCK
i dont like converge tbqh
red pill me on the new mgmt album
why's it being spammed here

>whats ur favorite ariel pink
That album was my first impression of him.
I have never been so violently indifferent on an album.
The album just screamed 'It's ok. This is it.'

house arrest is a lot more ambitious if that's what you're looking for

I kind of have a backlog going on, dude. Ariel Pink is the last thing on my mind after his meh first impression.

Not that guy, but I'll tell you.

The new MGMT album is about on par with their previous best album, &, as usual, pushes their sound in a new direction. It's catchy, it's got some psych influence, and it's pretty consistent in quality.

Now all that being said I only gave it a 3.5/5, as while it's enjoyable it isn't anything special in my opinion. I'm still not sure why it's being memed to death here however

>Black Panther
WE WUZ COSMIC KAAANGS N SHEEEEIT

I DON'T GIVE A FUCKING SHIT
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I ran into a streak of really great albums, I'd recommend any of these to anyone.

legit good ratings, vapour trail especially is unreal
Pretty respectable Filth rating, I rating it something similar but I bumped it up half a star because I think I tricked myself into thinking I liked it more by being overly familiar with it.
What genre is that Pulse Emitter album? Looks like some death industrial cover.
Agree with that Salvia Palth rating, I liked it a lot at first but then I realized I only really enjoyed I Was All Over Her or whatever that song is

I can't say I enjoy shoegaze the way you seem to :(
mega man looking angry as hell

Filth is pretty fun

I don't remember the Maldoror thing being all that memorable or impressive beyond the name

The Venetian Snares album cover is good

yeah 5 was jams

>legit good ratings, vapour trail especially is unreal
absolutely bro. i don't even like ride that much, vapour trail is so good though.

Yeah it was definitely the best song on the album but nothing else ever really struck me as good.

>the current state of rym threads

Rec me some good 2018 releases.

I grew up with Ratatat. Wish I still enjoyed them like I used to.

One Last Big Job should be at least a 6.

I've never seen such a rating disparity between GKMC and TPAB before. Weird.

Thanks for reminding me to listen to that Zwaans record.

SAF is way too close to Speedin Bullet.

Good Useless score. It's a crock of shit.

you ever see 2 guys 1 fish

i beg your pardon

>the current state of Sup Forums posts

liveleak.com/view?i=321_1452989262

NOOOOOO

>>karajan
It's a legit beautiful recording from before he became a superstar, with great singers. Don't be a contrarian faggot.

It sounds extremely disjointed, almost random and it's going to be very difficult to most people. But if that style sounds interesting to you give it a shot. It's pretty nice IMO.