Fact of the Day: American Idiot was the last true Punk album and the logical conclusion to Punk Rock

Fact of the Day: American Idiot was the last true Punk album and the logical conclusion to Punk Rock.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/S6xaUFQTf1U
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Jesus of Suburbia is, unironically, the pinnacle of pop punk.

will you keep doing the fact of the days everyday?

Yes, by far yes.

As long as you recommend me new music to keep it up.

Bump

for sure

youtu.be/S6xaUFQTf1U

i’d agree with this

Fact of the day: OP is ignorant and out of touch.

Name 5 Punk albums better than OP's choice that came out after. Explain why.

The Black Parade is, at least, on par with American Idiot.

I wouldn't call it a true Punk album. It's more Alternative Rock with elements of Art Punk/Art Rock. American Idiot is Punk Rock through and through; it takes the political nature that formed within 70s-80s Punk and combined it with Alternative Rock, Art Rock and Pop Punk.

thats a joke, right?

Fact of the day: punk rock sucks and you should feel bad about your taste in music.

The absolute state of this board.

True punk is dead. The beauty of the original punk scene was a strip down of everything prior so that it could be built back up again in new ways.
>American Idiot is Punk Rock through and through; it takes the political nature that formed within 70s-80s Punk and combined it with Alternative Rock, Art Rock and Pop Punk.
>Art Rock
Oh Okay! This is a bait thread. Whatever I'm gonna keep posting, because I hate that the punk scene overlooks great new bands
Since this a bait thread I'm just gonna post 5 albums knowing that you won't even look at them
Idles: Brutalism (Pic Related)
Brutal throw back to old school punk with Noise Nock/Post-Punk influence. The Rhythm section is top notch with the jagged/ dance groves. The lyrics are on point touching topics of sexual violence, elitist white privilege, the art community, and peer pressure/ living in the ghetto

Jeff Rosenstock: Worry
Fun pop-punk that is socially award to American vapidness/egotism.

Wingnut Dishwasher Union: Burn The Earth! Leave it!
I love Green Day, but all of Pat the Bunny's work is leagues better. Pat's songs paint a vivid image of a man who has given up on everything, except the people/connections we meet/make

FIDLAR: S/T
Fun, messy, and casual punk of the 90s

Joyce Manor: S/T
Same reason as FIDLAR

Forgot Pic

Fact of the day: Nick Cave was born in a cave.

>last true Punk album
listen to Jenny Death and Bottomless Pit and tell me punk rock isn't alive and better than ever

furthermore Green Day is decidedly mediocre

Nice bait

>its another Sup Forums tries to talk about punk episode

>*blocks ur path*

I love this album but I don't understand how it could be punk.

>punk

At least he's better than Billy Joe Armstrong.

The Black Parade is better than AI, but it's not pop-punk. It's alternative/pop-rock.

>Oh Okay! This is a bait thread
How is American Idiot not Art Rock? The entire album relies on a conceptual idea (the utter banality of modern society under the corruption of office) that is demonstrated via the main character's struggles with suburbia, anguish and depression caused by his own family. Each track thematically represents the contrast between political turmoil and personal conflict, such as the melancholy of reality in Boulevard of Broken Dreams and the isolationism from the cruelty of life in Wake Me Up When September Ends, to the bluntness and utter disgust of government corruption in Holiday and American Idiot. This takes the listener on an epic journey through societal hell, unprecedented in Punk since perhaps Zen Arcade. Not only that, but musically, the album is Green Day's most ambitious work yet. Jesus of Suburbia separates itself via its multiple instrument changes and shifts, like a puzzle seemingly connecting into one, then shattering abruptly by the end. And plus, the aesthetical choice to include black, a shroud of bleakness and desolation, and red, for riled fury, seeps through such an artistic record.

Also, none of the albums you mentioned are as ambitious or as visionary as American Idiot; you clearly missed the point. They simply don't employ such a prescient narrative, and suffer from emotional shallowness. The punk spirit is there, but it just doesn't challenge anything as much as Green Day did, and achieved, as this record. There will never be a true Punk album as epic as American Idiot. And no, this is not bait at all. You're just ignorant.

Doesn't art-rock imply that there is some sort of avant-garde aspect to the music? Because that is certainly lacking in everything Gre3en Day has ever done.

Lol that's pretty good bait. Almost believable. Almost.

Dude I already fell for the bait you can stop. I'm gonna bust a gut!

All those things + More is in present in Worry.

Pasta or not, he's right.

Bait or not, this album is due for a combination rose-colored glasses nostalgia/contextual hindsight reconsideration.

Same fag

He's right. You can pic related all you want, but he's right.

Jeff Rosenstock is a neoliberal shill and isn't rebelling against or restructuring anything.
Ditto anything related to Andrew Jackson Jihad or Pat the Bunny, although I like the latter two much more than the former.

That's actually a pretty neat theory

>Only mentions Jeff, and Pat after someone mentions them
>Past 4 post other than mine are "Hurr durr he's right though"
Same fagging so hard
Green Day is neoliberal
>No Trump, No KKK, No Fascist USA!
Also
>PTB
>Neoliberal that isn't rebelling against anything
>Writes songs about anarchy, fascist liberals, loving people who have guns, loves Jesus.
Hmmm........

Thanks.

Bunmpadeeeeew

Okay, wow.

Fine. One last epic bump to the infinite heavens!

Wow, I suck.

+44 When your heart stops beating
A great mix of synth and pop punk. Had sad songs that actually felt sad. Perfect length for each and every song. Catchy AF. Mark Hoppus is a genius.