Doctor Who General - /who/

/who/ is lost like Gallifrey edition

No previous thread because you let it DIE

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/class mega.nz/
twitter.com/Manterik/status/815887903733805057
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Reminder that Bill will be the next most important person in the world since clara since amy since donna

Is Gallifrey in the Doctor's nose?

>implying she won't be an RTD-esque "no such thing as an ordinary human" type
She serves chips, after all.

/who/ died a consomme thread.

>RTD had a lot of human interaction drama
>Moff had nonlinear time-travel arcs
What will his signature story element be?

Being shit

Kek

His era will be marked by having a dry, dignified wit.

It's actually really hard to tell. Every DWU story he's written varies so much. He's written really scary, tense, and uncanny stuff, but he's also written fun stuff that's full of levity.
And they've frankly all been less than memorable. They haven't been bad — I've seen most of them more than once — but they haven't been calling me back for a rewatch.

>Brian, have you got any vegetable matter in your trousers?
>Only my balls.
>[beat]
>Golf balls!

Brian was GOAT

That was also the episode where 11 straight up executed a guy so we gettin VNA level dark here boys get hype for chin balls
[beat]
Chin golf balls!

I posted in the previous thread.
Once or twice.

Dead children

Did Rory ever use his nurse skills before Dinosaurs on a Spaceship?

Nope, leave it to based Chibnall to expand on characters. Say what you want about his eps but the man writes good characters

And we're off! Fingers on buzzers! Are you feeling lucky? Are you ready to play the game? Who's going to be quickest? Who's going to be luckiest?

I'm more optimistic about her than most people here, but there's also the fact that she just isn't Ace. It's not her fault of course - I just can't help but look at her and be reminded that she isn't literally Ace, the best companion, so what's the point?

I support a transgender companion.

you must that red-headed transgender person that posted a pic here quite a while ago.

>E-Space trilogy for $10 at local used DVD place
Collecting Who on DVD is more rewarding than I thought it would be

I'm looking forward to series 10. Snarky naïve Jane meets crazy time-travelling wizard hobo guitarist from outer space and his bald dorky childish chauffeur.
If Hell Bent and The Husbands of River Song were all about The Doctor learning the importance of letting go and self-awareness, then Return of Doctor Mysterio was about him starting to walk that path. And that's precisely the development Capaldi's Doctor needed, and it's going to be a hell of a show seeing him show off his more weary side to a companion as innocent and cheerful as Bill (not to mention Nardole's going to be a contributing factor to help The Doctor lighten up).
Just what The Doctor needed. If we get half a dozen decent episodes, series 10 is going to be pretty GOAT, if not extremely comfy at the very least. On the other hand, if the episodes turn out to be shit I'm going to fall into a pit of depression.

Ded thred

None of y'all would happen to have a MEGA link for Class, would you?
For research purposes

Star Trek is stealing our memes.

in the xmas special the doctor was casually munching on sushi , saying he bought a snack.

is it me or does the doctor as written by Moffat turn into a parody of the doctor.

disregarding the 11th and 10th - That's something maybe 4th doctor would and even then only in his williams era.

Seemed fine.
He was on recon, and Twelve's whole thing is that he can afford to be more relaxed and casual about everything; not having to worry about holding up an image or being 100% deathly serious all the time.
Plus there's some good-ass sushi in NY

Moffat always writes the Doctor as obsessed with food. Bananas for 9, fish fingers & jammie dodgers for 11, and so on.

Maybe he often writes on an empty stomach.

Casually eating when dangerous shit is going on is pretty classic Doctor behavior.

what doctor's would do it though?
I would say the 4th and maybe the 2nd

its like it's trying hard to be eccentric.

this is more about moffat writing the Doctors the same rather than wrong.

Both of them do it, the third Doctor does it once too that I can remember. I could easily see all the 80s Doctors doing it too, though I can't remember any specific examples.

How is it trying too hard to be eccentric? It's just a guy eating food. People eat snacks all the time when they really shouldn't.

Because The Doctor always takes every situation he is in extremely seriously and never messes about.

he was eating it with chopsticks, also the 3rd doctor was being smug to the master.

that was one example, there was a mention in the previous series of the doctor getting bored of something and then making a clockwork squirrel.

This might be pointless I'm trying to find a limit between the doctor and a parody of the Doctor when that line is pretty blurry for a comedic character.

I'm also thinking it just might be case of not liking the break in tension.

Is this bait?

>tfw F I N A L L Y finished with Jo Grant in my marathon

Literally in her very first scene, Sarah Jane Smith is more interesting than Jo Grant, aka "fetal alcohol syndrome: the companion" managed in her entire tenure.

The Time Warrior was a pretty great serial too, the Sontarans are a great addition, interesting to see how consistent the Nu Who ones are with the Classic.

just out of morbid curiosity I watched emergency awesome's video on the Dw xmas special.

nothing really of value but he seemed super sure that the next series will be capaldi's last.

Yeah, in the pirate episode he teaches Amy how to resuscitate him. Not sure if it's connected to his nurse skills, but he also has the tendency to try to help people in other episodes, such as the Dalek in Asylum and the lady from the Flesh episode. We also see some of his patients in Amy's Choice.

Dude, I hate that guy. I cannot stand the way that he talks. I used to watch him all the time a few years ago. Dunno why I kept watching even though I hated him. Does he still say the word "whenever" a lot? As in "This happened WHENEVER so and so did this."

Are you okay?

I can't believe how many views he gets

That man has negative charisma.

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/class mega.nz/
Here, good sir.

Many thanks, my friend!

New costume variant posted on doctorwhotv

GOAT

What made Marc Platt mellow out from doing weird stories like Ghost Light and Lungbarrow to doing bland traditional ones like Satanic Mill and the Doctor's Tale? I know he's the writer who's in that middle road where he's too weird for the show but not weird enough for the books, and I guess the looms backlash made him reconsider his writing style, but I do wish he kept on doing more weird shit with Gallifreyan lore.

*Galileo Trap, not Satanic Mill

I was a big fan of NuWho through middle of last series. Haven't finished it nor seen the Christmas Special.

Why have I lost my love of Who?

Watch Heaven Sent

Don't die on me now!

So, did P. Ness know that Skins exists? Because everything Class did, Skins did better. Unlikable but fascinating characters, actors who were or actually looked like teenagers, louder Peter Capaldi, etc.

Posting a rare Matt

How does a guy like that get within 10 feet of a women let alone cosplay with her? Also doesn't england have public healthcare? Does teeth not count as health there either? Those look damaged.

>Does teeth not count there
nope

The British dental care system is crap, in fact considered one of the worst in the world.

And no, dental work isn't covered by public heathcare, and is ridiculously expensive. Our local dentist is referred to as 'The Butcher'.

His Gallifreyan lore is too fascinating for Big Finish. They like Gallifrey stories, but only the boring kind.
After all, their Gallifrey range was written, among others, by the authors of Divided Loyalties and The Ancestor Cell.

the third doctor literally eats a sandwich during a sword-fight and I'm sure the Jon Pertwee is not the only one who likes to be adventurous at meal times.
A wise man once told me that when the meal you're eating is home cooked, but doesn't cost the Earth, then you know you're getting the best of all worlds.

>Divided Loyalties and The Ancestor Cell
I liked Divided Loyalties, Lungbarrow and the Ancestor Cell

that was hours a go now. I already responded to the responses.

3 was being cheeky here. 12 pushed it too far was using chopsticks, while he was sneaking around.

You know. I just don't I like the doctor as a character anymore (or at least this aspect). I don't find it charming or fun, I just find it stupid.

I think I can see what you mean. The Doctor may go shooting off to outer space but it's really his inner space that matters most.

What's wrong with using chopsticks to eat sushi?

was the latest christmas special any good
haven't watched since Hell Bent
I heard the previous special was about cuckolding and the new companion is a frizzy haired ape but then I also heard they got rid of Moffat so I'm interested again

back to Sup Forums, thank you

I wouldn't know, I don't watch Christmas specials.

how will this help me gauge opinions of the latest doctor who christmas special

>I liked Divided Loyalties
You're literally the first person I know of who did. I am not memeing.
Great for you.

Why do I wish I could regenerate, /who/?

I support a transgender companion.

because you destroyed yourself with HRT

HRT?

best costume yet

Because it is a reoccurring combination of discovering oneself and immortality.

IAN LEVINE BTFO

twitter.com/Manterik/status/815887903733805057

It's not cosplay he's a stunt guy.

Thinking about it a little more, the first generation of Skins, made 9 years before Class, was more progressive by virtue of being less uptight about teenagers. Maxxie had a healthy relationship with his parents. Jal was sick of being seen only as "talented black girl" and just wanted to be good at music by her own merits. Nobody gave a single shit about social justice in the first season, only wanting to live their life to the fullest and get a good shag every now and then.

Current year m8

Reminder this scene happened 7 years ago and will never be touched on again.

>2013 was 7 years ago

Moffat's still writing the next series.
Go back to your burping bins RTDard

"Yes. I will give up my special superhero powers and stop saving people's lives, stopping crime and people being raped and murdered, to look after this child, which isn't mine, and this woman I haven't had any sexual contact with."

When did Moffat become a self loathing cuckold?

What the fuck did his ex wife do to him?

>because a hilariously obvious man in drag wouldn't detract from every episode at all

>being cucked by society into thinking you have a duty to stop crime just because you have the power to
>thinking a child you adopt and raise from infancy "isn't yours"

Please explain this obvious and rather desperate contrarianism.

How dare you! No one would ever know I am not a beautiful woman, you pig!

I am surprised Moffat ddn't make the baby mixed race.

Moffat could have made the boy suoerhero not white.

He could have made the Lois copy non-white.

He could have made the Superman copy the woman.

They could have both been men/women.

#moffucked

Grant and Lucy are clearly a couple at the end. For some reason I remembered this as being in the episode even though it was only a in tie-in comic, but he ends up marrying her.

How does this relate in any way to your green text?

>Luke Newman's external harddrive fucked up
>He lost literally all the footage and scripts for all series of the doctor who fan films including the rest of S4
J U S T
I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Who is this you are attacking today, user?

Well having a bald adult baby is apparently fine, so they can probably get away with a cute trap.

Seriously, he didn't even back it up anywhere?

Are you fucking dense? He's been taking care of this baby since it was born and he marries the mother. He has adopted her.
>but they're not genetically related!
Literally who cares? It's not like he was roped into raising a kid he didn't want.