Vinyl Posting

Vinyl Collection thread.

Post some random Vinyls that you own.
>Pic related

OP is a dad

i swear i am not

At least have good taste.

I wish I were at home so I could take pictures of my vinyl collection.

thanks user.

Please stop, OP

this is just my new and sealed stuff, I didn't even post my used stuff. I won't though.

hi op i have a lot of vinyls do u want to see my box

just a smattering

i mean, whatever you want to post. I just like looking at peoples collections.

nice

I iust noticed you have octavarium i have that one too i like that album

yeah i enjoyed that album a lot, i still like systematic chaos a lot.

and a dab

roll

I have awful taste but atleast I know it. This is my fill collection so far.

I'm gonna get some more obscure and better albums later but I wanted to get my popular favorites before anything else so my pleb friends can enjoy it too.

also sorry for god awful camera quality, smashed it

> 1/2 price sale at local shop

Been trying to save so it's mostly normiecore right now.

Got these on sunday

I'm ashamed of it to be completely honest but here she is

here you go OP i finally got around to taking a picture of my milk crate full of vinyl. its mostly prog rock

probably would help if i posted the picture lol

Chris Thile & Brad Mehldau.
I see you, user
Keep up the good taste

is that a Magical Mystery Tour I see?

>vinyls

Seriously, guys...

speaking of which, what do you do with your collection OP and how do you use it?
unless i am in the mood for a specific one, i will just pick one arbitrarily when i get home from work and/or classes, drink a few beers and play low effort games or read while listening to various vinyl
otherwise, guests i invite to my place seem to like the novelty of it so i will let them pick one to play. i have some more common things like daft punk and many Beatles LPs and stuff, and some rap LP that was a gift from a friend lol but in general it is well received, and i quite enjoy the comfort of putting on a record with a drink and doing something i enjoy. obviously i can do this with digital music too, but i grew up with my dad putting on records after work and spending time with my siblings and i, so its really comforting and relaxing to me

all i see is the wall haha

It's ok user I like your collection

also Abbey Road I see

i normally don't have my player setup atm because i had to sell it for some quick cash for my bills, but when i am in the mood for a "good music session". I normally pick a genre and than in my mind i pick a random letter and go from there.

it is! it's my favourite Beatles album, i was very happy to get it as a vinyl record
you are right, i am just so used to people i know IRL wondering what i meant by LP that i defaulted to just calling them "vinyl". my mistake

thats unfortunate, i hope you get one back soon. turntables are pretty comfy. nice collection regardless, we have many LPs in common
also how much did A Dramatic Turn of Events cost you?

>Been trying to save so it's mostly normiecore

It is disgusisting how much you crave validation.

post your most expensive lp and how much it cost you to buy

>hey guys, do I fit in? Are these the correct records to listen to?

Why is Sup Forums so blatantly sycophantic?

i think it was 26 if i remember correctly. It was a real good deal.

I also have a lot of other vinyl that is in another storage bin that my father gave me. I have added to it over the years, but it needs to be all cleaned.

>hey guys, can we talk about music on a music board?

Why is this poster such a blatant retard?

I spent half an hour counting how much records I had from each decade.

But those are all good albums?

But referring to your collection as "my vinyl" is entirely acceptable.

>Prefab Sprout
dope
>Ravedeath
niiiiiice

Cool dude
+women
+Tim Becker, Jefferson's airplane, Brian eno
I wouldn't touch that particular Can record, awful artwork. But hey you got Magma too!

1/7
Sevens

I need to get those recent Dio repressed. How do they sound, OP? Sacred Heart is coming this RSD!

I also need to add Bridge Of Sighs to my collection

2/7
Box sets & tens

3/7
Twelves

4/7
Twelves

5/7
Twelves

6/7
Twelves

7/7
Twelves

Do I spot Black One by Sunn O)))? Frankly user I'm impressed...

>Systematic Chaos on vinyl

At least it's not the self-titled or The Astonishing

utterly shit taste/10
except for the doors
you fucken gay boiiii!!!

Bump

Here are the 6 last records I listened to, if I trust the stack on the side of my player

What I've been listening to recently and some new stuff

and some more

nice stuff

>implying OP has good taste
if you call that good taste, you haven't been long enough here son

Also, here are the 4 most valuable records I own, all first pressings and bought a whole euro each (except Archaïa which was 3 euros, I kept the price sticker as a souvenir)

>Baby boomer aunt gives me an ABBA record
>razor blade marks all over the back of the cover

Apparently she's on prozac now

okay one last pic

Anybody else get their copy of Loveless recently? Mine just arrived yesterday and it looks and sounds gorgeous

Some of my favourites...

most expensive record. Paul’s Boutique original pressing. cost $80 but my local shop was having a daily random sale and the day i got it was “Used Hip-Hop 20%” off so it came out to like $64

good stuff

just a few of my heavy rotations as of late

If I was at home right now I'd be having a field day showing off how much cool shit I got. I'm stuck on my phone, so I'll post what I have on here. This second pressing of Walk Among Us might be my most valuable record, according to the collectors market.

Here's some baroque pop. I never hear people talk much about these guys, but I do know Walk Away Renee gets played on oldies stations and at grocery stores. Nice album for when you want to relax.

Here's an old promo copy of The Commercial Album, as well as one of my turntables. My dad gave this to me for my 17th birthday, and I've cherished it ever since. Say what you want about the stickers, but I plan to never get rid of this anyway.

Don't wanna spam my collection but I have over 200 LPs. Had about 500 but I downsized to only albums I actually like and want.

Listening to Steven Wilson - Hand Cannot Erase right now.

>nancy and lee
nice

Here's what I believe to be an original pressing of the New York Dolls debut playing on my other turntable. This one also came from my dad, and the reason why this isn't all tacked out is because this one actually belongs to him. I'm keeping this one in good shape out of respect.

I had that. Unfortunately There was a really bad skip on one of the sides so I cleaned it up and sold it.

Didn't even know these existed until I wandered into my local vidya shop. Castlevania 3 comes on a double LP because there are two different versions of the soundtrack. That Castlevanis 1 10" plays at 45 RPM, which means its pretty damn short.

Thats sick. I got the Streets of Rage 1-3 soundtracks on vinyl. Sounds delicious. Might have to look those up and cop them.

This is one of those records I never thought I would find in person. Glad I was wrong, but it cost me.
What did you use to clean it?

Nice! I had didn't know they did 3, but that's my fault for not checking in often enough. I also picked up the red & blue Gunstar Heoroes 2xLP.

Here's a few recent purchases

Derp, forgot my pic. No shots of that Gunstar Heroes, unfortunately.

haul from a record release/art show last weekend. helped get stuff for some people

I want!

Home made solution of rubbing alcohol, drop of dawn, some photo wetting agent, and distilled water. Use a safe cloth to clean then another safe cloth to dry. I also have the vinyl vac with you connect to a shop vac hose and that sucks up most of the leftover moisture and little bits. Nice tool to have and really resurrected a lot of the thrift store finds I used to get.

Honestly forget the measurements for the solution I made. I made enough to last me years and I really don't buy used LPs anymore unless its almost mint or a rare press.

Wait, did you buy up all of those in spite of the people who actually showed up? Or did you at least have the decency to wait until the end of the show when everyone already had their chances?

very nice. How's that Discreet Music pressing?

linguistic irregularities occur everywhere, regarding everything, in all dialects in all language systems. stupid prescriptivist

most of those were available throughout the event except for one that was limited to 10 copies, had to show up a couple hours early before doors opened

>RHCP
>Dream Theater
>Foo Fighters
>Slipknot
No.

Literally just took a random handful of "vinyls"

Give me a copy of Gluey Porch Treatments please

whats in the box user? killer stickers btw

>letting Sup Forums dictate your taste
decide what you like for yourself you bandwagoning child

dude those albums suc ass

One of my faves

This can't be said enough in this board

>orange Friend opportunity
HNNNGGGG

Side note, does Sup Forums not talk about Deerhoof any more?