/prod/ music production general BE NICE EDITION

DON'T POST Soundcloud, YouTube, or any other links where you are not anonymous (unless somebody asks you for it). That's considered self promotion and will result in bad feedback and people most likely calling you a faggot.

GIVE feedback and RECEIVE feedback. Upload WIPs on clyp.it/

Previous thread: >RESOURCES:

Sound Design:
>SeamlessR (in-depth music production and sound design tutorials, based on FL Studio)
youtube.com/user/SeamlessR

>Rocket Powered Sound (Constant quality uploads of various EDM sounds in Serum with explanations that help make something unique)
youtube.com/channel/UCFReVt5TAC1zGnuNkgHw-fg

>Syntorial (widely considered the best place to go to learn synthesis)
syntorial.com/

>Mr. Bill (Ableton based, some of the best sound design tutorials on the planet. Aimed more towards IDM-type stuff. He also posts his music here)
youtube.com/user/MrBillsTunes

>BusyWorksBeats (explains hip hop in very elaborate ways in FL Studio)
youtube.com/user/busyworksbeats

>Sadowick (explains old school electronic music in very elaborate ways in Ableton)
youtube.com/user/SadowickProduction

>ADSR Music Production Tutorials
youtube.com/channel/UCf5UKh_cj2_5pUomhyswWYQ

MIXING:

>Point Blank Music School
youtube.com/channel/UCIWNozFjO8yVdJFsGKVmPgg

>Pensado's Place
youtube.com/user/PensadosPlace

>Samori Coles (Compression, EQ, etc)
youtube.com/user/homestudiotutor/videos

>Modern Mixing
youtube.com/user/ModernMixing/videos

FL STUDIO:

>WarBeats (Getting comfortable in FL Studio)
youtube.com/user/nfxbeats/videos

>Image Line Tutorials
youtube.com/user/imageline/playlists

WRITING:

>12tone
youtube.com/channel/UCTUtqcDkzw7bisadh6AOx5w/playlists

>Micheal New
youtube.com/user/Rhaptapsody/playlists

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0qbe1ag8Ckz
afrodjmac.com/blog/2015/3/20/vinyl-scratch-free-ableton-live-pack-119
www33.zippyshare.com/v/IACAXZo2/file.html
clyp.it/43epdrot?token=9395b434ef884393b23cf05ce71c44be
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What if I don't want to be nice?

only be mean to other meanies to counteract the mean meanness :)

Stupid fucking OP imagine thread ruined

Nice post

imagine being this mad stupid fucking user

Could I get some suggestions or R8s on this Big Black-esque noise track?

vocaroo.com/i/s0qbe1ag8Ckz

might be good if it were produced right

guitar is way too shrill, track sounds hella thin, bass feels sapped of low end

i'd focus on getting the drums and bass solid and sounding full on their own, then fit the guitar in on that. probably experiment with a deep cut in that 2-4k range and then low pass/bitcrush after that to get back that fizz for that bb tone

It might sound more shitty than it actually is because of Vocaroo since clyp.it wasn't working for me. But thanks for the feedback I appreciate it,

There are so many guides and tips and tricks online for producing beats and shit, but I'm interested in producing something orchestral. I have access to samples and such things, but does anyone know good places to learn how to put all that together nicely?

If you don't have a solid knowledge of theory start there.

Otherwise I'd find sheet music to dissect whatever it is you like or want to take influence from

I wanted to dabble in that type of music for a while and so far as I can tell you're on your own unless you're going to school.

screeching over nothing, just like an SJW

Theory is mostly fine, I can play piano and studied a bit at university, just more the technical production side of things I'm looking for

Then it would be the same as anything else lol

Only difference is you might want to use convolution reverbs. Cop kontakt and you're good to go

So, someone was talking about Gross Beat in the previous thread and I had a question about it.
I was planing to get Shapebox by Cableguys, but now I am wondering if it isn't possible to reproduce most of these effects with some skills just using LFOs and shit. What do you guys think?

Fun fact: grosse bite (pronunced the same) means "huge cock" in French and this is not an accident.

first off, what kind of music are you planning on producing

second off, is time and volume manipulation all you want?

in reality gross beat is a glorified 2 bar looped automation, but its the weird unique pitch shifting it does that gives it character, along with semi-realistic record scratching sounds

personally i'd say work with what you have, get creative, but if it doesn't sound as glitchy or fluid as gross beat, don't use it

check out Image-line's website, you can use a demo for gross beat

outside of time and volume manipulation, take a look at sugar bytes effectrix or illformed glitch 2 (glitch 1.3 is free older version)

>most hiphop producers only use "half speed" preset under "momentary" in the gross beat preset bank, literally check any Genius Deconstructed video

*if it doesn't sound glitchy or AS fluid as gross beat, THEN use something else

So could I use the looper in ableton to make swick seatchy sounds ._.

Thanks, I'll check these plugins later.

I started using shapebox (a copy of gross beat) soon after getting into producing, so I didn't bother learning how to use LFOs to get to the same effects.
I guess it's still more convenient to use this plug-in (and you probably can't get to some specific wave shapes even by stacking LFOs on top of each other).

I don't know about the typical GB effects you're talking about.

afrodjmac.com/blog/2015/3/20/vinyl-scratch-free-ableton-live-pack-119

look at this

www33.zippyshare.com/v/IACAXZo2/file.html

fresh WIP
rate/hate/relate

has live 10 been cracked yet and if so is the one on tpb legit?

yes and yes
but there is no reason not to keep using 9

easier automation drawing seems nice

Whata PARtY P00pEr :(

Lol i didn't know pp delay even had that option. I haven't really tried making racks for this yet, that's just gave me a lot of ideas through ty (:

When Ableton Live 9 came out, along with the download links, people were sharing the links for the downloadable .alp packs (like the instruments, presets, m4l, etc).
Did that also happen with 10 or the only way is to get a trial license and have the Live browser download them into out library?

what's /prod/'s opinion on Kontakt?

clyp.it/43epdrot?token=9395b434ef884393b23cf05ce71c44be

Much better than Trillian, that's for sure.

used as a VST, its a doorway to all the high quality sample libraries.

Essential if you like sample based instruments.

I’ve never really bothered to use it as a sampler as I have Maschine and battery along with a few hardware samplers which has me covered sample wise but I keep meaning to check it out a bit more in depth to see if I’m missing out on anything.