Do you get harassed for your taste by your family and friends

Do you get harassed for your taste by your family and friends

yes, the big line I hear a lot is "you hate everything" because all they talk about is SoundCloud rap or top 40 hits or mainstream "indie" artists like Vampire Weekend and whatnot

literally only virgins dislike vampire weekend

Only if I'm too forceful with it or make them listen in the car or try too hard or something like that. I cut that out and people are cool about it or even genuinely curious when they wouldn't have been if i dangled it in their face

Literally who

Nah, I'm pretty good at reading people and playing something they'll like when the opportunity presents itself.

i have that shirt

no. i play guitar and write music, they overhear but don't usually say anything, except the occasional "that sounded nice. you must be getting good" or w/e. and the few close friends i've had over the years have liked talking to me about music even if we've had different tastes.

if you're not shitty to other ppl they probably won't be shitty to you

My mom thinks Kendrick is all about rapping for violence and hoodrat shit, even after we listened to the blacker the berry in the car and I explained it to her. She won't change her mind and yet she only listens to top 40 or whatever's on the radio. It's infuriating because I know she'd really enjoy non-mainstream music if she gave it a chance.

You probably don't understand the song

No one cares about that band anymore.

Sorta? It's more that my parents really don't get jazz, and get weirded out when I listen to post-hardcore. That said, post-punk is oddly fine.

Yes, I do understand the song. It is about how no matter how many stereotypes Kendrick chooses to follow, he will never be able to become the blackest person or the "blackest berry" so to speak. As much as he may try, he knows he is just as black as everyone else

t. soyboy
your mom is 100% correct. Also, Kendrick Lamar is top 40 mainstream shit. Stop trying to delude yourself into thinking otherwise.

Im actually respected because but use to catch shit from an old room mate. Me and my dad have bonded a lot more over music. Showed him Swans and he digs it. My friends have thanked me for showing different stuff as well. I dont force myself but I'll play different songs that I know will go over well

wrong its about killing bitch niggas

no

everyone in my family is a weird autist

yeah, when I pick up my mom, dad, sister or brother I have to put on normie music radio for them in the car so that they don't have panic attacks... but some of my friends are forced to endure it.

I like to just stay by myself and listen to music really, Ferdinand the bull kind of deal...

no, my dad introduced me to a lot of stuff i still really like. he pretty much raised me to be a music snob.

no

i taste wonderful

Nope,my mom and dad like the calmer stuff I listen to. My mom likes bmsr a lot.

yep. specially at the dorm.
when they want to say something is shitty they compare it to my taste. they don't even like the normiest stuff i listen to like joy division. they are some ignorant motherfuckers.

No I tell people I don't listen to music

Yeah I think I'm the same, though I'll still shit talk the majority of their bands especially with indie shite, but put on the best of that genre

Rarely talk about music (at least unpopular music) with colleagues, mom automatically dislikes everything I like (shocker!), dad seems to be okay with what I listen to, and my close circle of friends don't really give me all that shit, regardless if we're not at the same wavelength, they seem to know why I gravitate towards shit like that.
That being said, I'm pretty sure there's people that I know that would shit on my taste, but other than elementary school and a girlfriend I used to go out with, never got harassed for my taste. Then again, both categories were always looking for reasons to harass me, so I don't think it was solely based on my taste.
A very autistic thing that I do is imagining me having long conversations about music with, oh, I dunno, let's say a qt3.14.
These conversations would go on as long as a lecture is being held.
When given chance to talk with the girl, I remember that what happened in my mind is kinda autistic and it's better to not speak at all.
To be honest, I am slightly scared to talk to people about anything, mostly because they'd find me boring, and music means a lot to me, so I don't want to ruin any chances of creating social bonds.

Its about how he's 'apparently' a hypocrite because he (or other black men) claims to be pro black justice but is also guilty of fulfilling negative stereotypes and discriminating against other black people.

Your mum is right you fagot

>family and friends
heh...