Is America the only place with expensive food?

Is America the only place with expensive food?

Other urls found in this thread:

groceries.asda.com/product/avocados/asda-growers-selection-ripen-at-home-avocados/910003101531
youtu.be/xLXAus2QWqE
markusfoods.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it's probably the same everywhere

America has super cheap food.

Let me get this out of the way so you can delete this thread.
>all those limes
>kale
>cilantro
>avocados
>yam
Wow wtf those are not economic purchases

What? Food in America is cheap as fuck.

It's not a food but a fat pig's bait

not at all, I usually pay 100$ for a week of groceries here
when I lived in Thailand I paid like 20$

>a fat pig's bait

fisher of the fat pigs..

I pay much more here.

I thought 100$/week was your average salary

>"Poor Americans can't eat well we should feel bad for them"
Imbeciles. You are the country that most wastes food in the world.

>I usually pay 100$ for a week of groceries here
In Australia the same shit would likely come closer to $300.

what the fuck? how much is your fruit/kg?

>You are the country that most wastes food in the world.
True, I'll send you some of the food I throw away.

That's around £22 here and that does seem expensive for what you get in that picture, though depends on where you shop and sometimes the most expensive products don't always mean they're the best quality.

>most wastes food in the world
Well yeah, it's used to feed Americans.

Y'all have avos?

True, so many other cheaper and tastier vegetables. Loads to choose from.

>a week's supply of nutritious fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and legumes for relatively cheap
>this is somehow supposed to outrage me

Only in America

They use dollars, but they came up with their own.

Why doesn't Merica use pounds? Peso also means pounds, I'd bet other Euro countries do too.

Yeah. Your typical British supermarket Asda do them for £2 for a pack of 4.

groceries.asda.com/product/avocados/asda-growers-selection-ripen-at-home-avocados/910003101531

I figured he was talking about usd

>$29 for all that
>expensive
I will FUCKING murder gwyneth paltrow

Everything in your country is cheap as fuc
These kind of video comparison is popular in brazil YouTube because some items like snacks go for double the price here
youtu.be/xLXAus2QWqE

nah

Food is extremely expensive in Canada. It's actually cheaper for poor people to eat processed food like frozen pizza and chicken nuggets. We need government to step in and put a stop to this.

You can get quite a few good meals out of that.

we absolutely do not

Correct choices in that image: beans, brown rice, eggs.
Wrong choices: everything else.

Get more beans! Get potatoes! Get frozen chicken breasts! Get some economy-sized jars of spices to cover up the fact that your meals are mostly identical (and not in glass jars, that's where half the price comes from. Fuck you, freshness isn't on the budget menu)! Get used to beans every day!

I know a ton French Canadians that drive down to Burlington to load up on non-perishables and but clothes because the cash they lose exchanging from Canadian is less than the savings from the lower prices. It's causing a parking crisis here.

>Buying chain supermarket rice
Don't they know you can get massive bags on the cheap?

Do americans only shop at Walmart?

Where do I get the cheap rice? we don't have markets here

>SEVEN FUCKING LIMES

No it isn't

You should have a small Asian store that sells good cheap rice in bulk unless you live in the absolute boonies in which case I don't even want to talk to you

>Buying chain supermarket rice
>Don't they know you can get massive bags on the cheap?
>Do americans only shop at Walmart?
No, it's because that's Gwenyth Paltrow and she's a moron.

*buy clothes

Hmm if you lived near some Indians or Pakistanis you could.

Do you have cheap stores like lidl and aldi?

Amazon.com.

Not user you are talking to but we do have aldi

Lidl is shit tier. Literally worst store I've ever been to and am thankful they arent in my country (yet?)

Nah
Not even close

Bruh, we got stores where everything is literally one dollar.

Man, all the dollar stores near me closed down except one shitty Dollar General that never stocks the same thing for more than a week.

>Lidl is shit tier.

It's not great here either, but Aldi is okay.

an Aldi popped up out of nowhere near where I live. nice little store

I just eat sandwiches, soup and pizza rolls at $30 per week because I'm too lazy to cook.

I don't think we even have a single asian in my town

we definitely don't have that, this is our only store markusfoods.com/

Is it possible to cook beans in a pressure cooker? I bought a big bag of beans but I'm too lazy to soak them for several hours

be honest lad

how much do you weigh

I know the feeling of homogeneity too, user
My hometown is 93% Anglo, 2% French Canadian, and 5% Bosnian(They got dumped here in the 90s as refugees)

5'9

f-fuck you

>5'9
>130

you are literally me, right down to the diet

SEVEN limes

This, you don't buy that shit when you're poor. You buy the cheaper versions of already relatively inexpensive items.

About half the world is more expensive, Thailand is cheap as fuck because it's a shithole partially subsisting on foreigners.

You are right Russia, they have super cheap food but did not realize because they barely cook anything.
Get a bag rice, pasta, cooking oil, sausage. You can survive with this. Add some potatoes and cheap milk (for fucking sake, i live next to a dairy farm and mild is still cheap in US).
Also, who buy veggies? Just grow them in your house for fucking sake. You will waste less than 3 hours the entire time you will need to grow them. this is like 2 shopping in a mart full of people defecating.

>Thailand is cheap as fuck because it's a shithole partially subsisting on foreigners.
it still seems like it's expensive when it costs 5x more for worse food

Dunno, I don't have one. How lazy are you that you can't dump some beans in a pot and leave? It's pretty much zero-effort.

I HATE THIS COUNTRY

Not him but you'd still have to watch them and stir them and stuff.

USD$30 will buy me a very comfortable 2 weeks worth of groceries including some Spanish Jamón, Swiss cheese, steaks and a couple of bottles of half decent wine.

Granted that's for just 1 guy but you could do pretty good for a family minus the luxuries.

>This is what people on food stamps have to live on for a week
Not if they actually have at least some form of supplementary income like anyone who isn't a total government handout leech should

>mexico is considered a poor country

Americans don't know how to cook. TV told them that get their asses to MC Donals® or eating fake meat at Subway (((eat fresh)))® was better for them.
Probably some anons here actually know how to proper cook food, but i don't think this apply for the average American.

Bullshit, $100 gets me a month of food.

>be shitposter on desert criminal island
>wonder why your food costs so much
lmao0o0o0o

what a dumb cunt

I just realize. Did she buy a fucking corn? What she going to do with single corn? A single corn is not worth cooking...

Went to whole foods (all organic and expensive) and spent about 250 for one cart of wholesome groceries desu, enjoying my Italian pistachio gelato and Swedish raspberry yogurt :)

Also bought a ton of ingredients to cook with, celery, onions, garlic, chicken, eggs etc and my mom has a whole pantry. Everyone should learn to cook, it's therapeutic and easy to follow. /ck/ is one of the best boards, it's like Sup Forums with food.

despite this I went to Red Robin's (casual burger chain) and ordered a literal tower of onion rings, superior American appetizers. what do you all eat when you go out?

>7 limes

Man, a grocery list like I described would be something like 25% of income for the average guy, if you're feeding a family on that you've still got to pay rent, school tuition for your kids, utilities, clothes, gas, etc.

Problem is is right, and it's not like in our countries where you find fresh fruits and vegetables for dirt cheap. Yes, rotten consumerism is a factor and poor Americans generally eat out more than they should on their income but we would likely struggle much the same under those circumstances. Time is a fucking luxury for people working 9 to 5 and not everyone enjoys their time on the kitchen. I mean you're right but...

she's a damn idiot.
When the corn harvest is ready, corn is 4 for 1 dollar.

The only really expensive stuff on there is the avocado, the eggs, and the kale.

The average american isn't eating fucking kale and the avocado is not essential. Cilantro could go too.

Taking all that out, that's less than $15 bucks.

Limes are like 10 for a dollar in NY, snownigger.

$29 USD is plenty for a week of groceries if you don't piss it away on Digiorno and frozen burritos. Rice, beans, cheap cuts of meat. If they want a more varied diet they should get better jobs and stop collecting welfare.

We have some of the cheapest food of any OCED country

>8 KB, 246x205

Is someone rationing the size of your pictures?

dozen eggs - $5
black beans - $2.25
brown rice - $15
6 limes - $5
peas - $2
tomato - $1
cos lettuce - $2
chives - $3
garlic - $2.50
green chili - $0.80
avocado - $2
onion - $0.50

Total - $41 (missing a few items as well)

Nice thumbnail

I'm dirty phoneposting right now and posting over rural 3g connection because my power is out. The 600 kb picture compressed to shit

Its not even a thumbnail. Just compressed heavily. Didnt realize until it was posted

>spend 2k$ on rent
>at least i spend only 150$ on food
lmao

Hmmm

See, this kind of image make me feels bad. Not nigger eating a monkey.
America spends a good amount of time under snow. incapable of growing crops. meanwhile we have a winter that is the equivalent of the American spring. Does food is cheaper in Brazil? (since we could produce non stop)
NO.
Why? Because politicians there subsidize their food. What we do? Nuffing.

Still remember what a teacher once told me. Hitler build railways to transport jew to death. we don't build them to transport food.

Food is more cheaper in hick states.

We arnt even top 10 for rental prices. General cost of living in America is actually very low compared to similar countries. We just have less of a safety net. If you want to meme about America being expensive stick to healthcare

>McDonald's and Visa partnered to show fast-food restaurant workers can live on $8.25 an hour
I somehow don't trust that, especially if they still need someone to work 2 jobs to make ends meet under their goldilocks scenario

If food costs the same in Brazil as in the US you're doing something wrong. In Mexico I can get the same amount of food and vegetables an American gets for 10 times the money, and mine will actually be fresh PLUS delivered at my door at no extra charge. Beef, pork and chicken are roughly half the price (again delivered) pasta, rice, beans, etc. at around USD1.50 and this is me paying extra for the good stuff, etc.

I thought South Americans were food exporters.

*fruits and vegetables

Food is super expensive in poor countries like Chad or Angola, basically because they don't produce anything and have to import food

lol people on food stamps buy junk food not stuff they would have to prepare in anyway it's why they are poor and stupid

The problem with directly comparing food prices between countries are income differences. The average Mexican spends far more of a portion of their income on food than an American does

Today I will remind them

One factor to consider is locations of the markets and what's in them.

I have lived in the US. You can pick up cheaper ones.if you won't looking for NON-GM and BIO.

I made that point myself I agree, I'm just using the US as a standard to compare to Brazil as the poster I'm replying to claims their food is nearly as expensive.

are you sure? every time i've gone to soriana or HEB, it costs the same as here. hurts my codo to think about having to shop there on a mexican wage.