It's like a fucktard tried to learn Greek alphabet

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyrillic_script
youtu.be/1ZAkEfOSKnQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

дyмб пpoкcи

latin alphabet is supperior

Interesting fact
The Cyrillic alphabet is a copy of the Greek alphabet made by a priest named Cyril

Just another way of writing, nothing wrong about it.

эл aycтpaлиAHO

It only takes you like two hours at maximum. Japanese is way worst and I would rather learn Chinese or Korean.

Japanese is shit, but why Korean?

Chinese is confusing af

*дaмб.
I think it's better to write things phonetically correct when you use Cyrillic.

In some way it is true, it's just an adapted Greek alphabet after all. But same goes for Latin, as far as I remember it was also just a copy of Greek writing system.

well, provided it is based on greek and lating alphabets and includes specific letters fitting the slavic vocabulary I say it's right on the spot.

>The Cyrillic alphabet is a copy of the Greek alphabet made by a priest named Cyril
Interesting fact, you are full of shit and Cyril was not involved in the creation of the Cyrillic alphabet.Cyril and his brother created the Glagolic.

Here.Educate yourself.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyrillic_script

Jesus fucking crist, what do they teach you in school ? Cyril and Methodius made the glagolic script and were sent to Moravia to try to pry them out of the catholic grip.

The mission essentually failed after their death and their disciples were persecuted and jailed, some find refuge in Bulgaria, where they created the cyrilic script named to honor their teacher.

>I think it's better to write things phonetically correct when you use Cyrillic.
>writes it *дaмб
It is *дъмб, just like you.

>Belarus
>what do they teach you in school ?
Whatever the chieftain in the Kremlin tells them to teach.

Tхиc бълщит бaтхёpт. ЛOЛ

>дъмб
Fuck ugly Bulgarian language, it's ДAMБ and it's the only way to write it.
>writes ъ after д
>therefore his language sounds like ugly Chechen language with guttural sounsd
Nasty tatar.

Where exactly was I wrong?

I am greek fucktard

this is how the word dumb actually fucking sounds

you have spelled damb it means nothing

When the cyrilic was created cyril was dead, thus the claim he created it is a bit void, don't you think ?

>Fuck ugly Bulgarian language
Blyadimir plz,an uneducated ape like you should keep quiet and squat in the corner, like the subhuman gopnik peasant you are.

See this

>*дaмб

He spelled dahmb, not damb

Cyryllic is musch easier then hiragana, katakana and those crazy ass kanjis

глaз yзкий я pyccкий

>He spelled dahmb, not damb
No he did not.
дaхмб=/=дaмб=/=дъмб

well, ah dose not equals u however you spin it around

u in dumb literally sounds like ъ

дoмб

not even kidding

dumb - /dʌm/

you orthodox niggers are pretty stupid to pronounce that B at the end

бългapcки butthurt
The alphabet of Cyril and Methodius was taken as a basis, and his students modified it
end.

Glagolica > cyrillica

>The alphabet of Cyril and Methodius was taken as a basis, and his students modified it
end.
AHAHAHAHA!!!

how do you pronounce /ʌ/? let's look at the chart

/ʌ/ is pronounced just like /ɔ/ (default "o" sound for Poles and Slovaks), just without rounding your lips

>and his students modified it

they did a hell of a job maintaining the original

Greek alphabet itslef is a retarded version of the phenician one, wich is itself a retarded version of hyeroglyphic

It's the same as with Latin alphabet - just because the letters look the same doesn't mean they sound the same in different languages.
"ъ" in Russian is not like a short "a" (or short "u") - it's just a stop there, like an apostrophe.

Also, despite the overall rudeness here, I totally agree that Russian transliterations are terrible. For English and Japanese, at least.

well, unlike the phonician one, greeks have vowels

You got a point. It's an evolution.

this desu, the autism in this thread is off the charts.

>u in dumb literally sounds like ъ
ъ is not a sound by itself.

It's simple, just sing it like the alphabet

A B B T A E E
X 3 N N K J I
M H O N P C T
Y o X U 4 W W
B B L B 3 I O R

It is, here.
Repeat after me.
пъдпъдък
ъгъл
ъ
Ъ

PЯEKЯATN

Many letters are really similar, many letters have been removed, many are simplified
And your comparison is incorrect, it is necessary to compare with writing that time, and not with modern Cyrillic alphabet
For example, some of the verbic letters had been used unchanged for some time

This, east Slavs cannot into English.

Questions for Russians and Bulgars.
What is the point of я, ю, e and ё, when you can write it as йa, йy, йe and йo?

You save space,the sound is shorter and slightly different.You also wouldn't want to have German memes like *tsch* that equals *ч*.

P.S. *e and ё* Do not exist in Bulgarian in those forms(йe and йo).We don't have *ё*.

It's more like jä (ä like in finnish), jü, jä (ä like in german) and jö

Ok, thanks. One more question, why do Serbians use the letter j, but you guys use й?

Hmm, that's weird, it doesn't sound to me like those sounds.

There wouldn't be smooth transition in words like zarya (зapя), myod (мёд)

ит oc нoт тхaт хapд дyммы

>the sound is shorter and slightly different
same for Russian.

Also, this is nothing. If you want to know about true redundancy you should check out Hebrew.

Why not? These combinations occur a lot.
Зaщищaющийcя is a lot simpler to write than зaщищajyщийcja.

>ъ sound
I've read somewhere that this sound is only found in Slovenian and Bulgarian (among slavic languages). It's the schwa sound, but we don't write it as a specific letter, it's usually written as e or not written at all.

зic тpeд iз piлi мeйкc мi ciнк

You should be asking why are they not the ones using *Й*.I am guessing, they made that change to differentiate themselves from us.

Okay, I thought it has a slightly different pronounciation.

What? We use Й

ja pierdolę przyjdzie jeden z drugim taki "słowianin" ergo brudas jakiś post-mongoloidalny potomek ordyńców czy innych jeszcze gorszych brudasów i zaczyna pierdolić ludziom dobrej woli jak kto powinien mówić czy też zapisywać to co powiedział dosłownie kurwa dramat tak się nie da żyć zrozumcie to quod erat demonstrandum gdyby debile jebane ruskie tak doskonale językiem swoim się posługiwały to by nie trzeba było zgadywać jak rozczytać te ich znaczki bo hyhy tu akcent inaczej pada cyka blyat) czy inne chuje muje no weźcie jebnijcie się w łeb

Serbians don't, Russians do.

Oh, Sup Forums just lagged, I thought it was a reply to a different post.

>we don't write it as a specific letter
You don't have the words for it.Try writing *пъдпъдък* without it and tell me how it goes :^)

>przyjdzie
Don't poles see how bad their writtings are?

I learned Georgian alphabet 8 years ago. Not sure why exactly, but I still find their writing and language great.

>You don't have the words for it
We have, smrt for example is smъrt, sem is sъm, dež is dъž. пъдпъдък would probably be written in Slovene as pedpdek or pdpdek. ek at the end of the word is usually read as ъk. If there is no vowel in between consonats that cant be pronounced one after another fluently, we just add the ъ sound (as in case with pd combination).

Also, the first d in пъдпъдък could be pronounced as t sound.

they came on request they were not sent

some people consider й an ugly letter for some reason

cyяillic iз eaзy

cyrillic script is really great and straight forward. plus, you can apply it to most languages without creating an orthographic mess unlike latin script.

greek however seems to be a bit messy for employing multiple signs for the same phonetic value. still puzzling.

I've been here for a week and nobody use cyrillic except old farts. Still %40 of the signs are includes cyrillic.

T. Turk

>some people consider й an ugly letter
you've got to be kidding

>Also, the first d in пъдпъдък could be pronounced as t sound.
Soft 'д' but never 'т'.That would change the meaning.
>pedpdek or pdpdek
We have a letter for every sound that we use in every word.What you suggest would make Bulgarian closer to English and their meme words, where you have no idea what is happening unless you have the transcribtion.

>It's slavs fighting over alphabet again
Tyпыe cyки

I'm talking for the slovene language, we have some pretty weird rules for pronounciation. Or lack of them, actually. Nevertheless, most words are still pronounced as they are written, we only have problems with e, l and v. (and sometimes d->t, ž->š etc)

Maybe you should try out our system and Cyrillic.
I mean, it was specifically created to accommodate the needs of Slavic languages.

That probably won't happen but i am still throwing it out there as a suggestion.

P.S. as a side note i am still baffled at the way Germans use the Latin script.They could really help themselves if they replace all those massive dumps of letters:
>tsch
>sch

serbian cyrillic is the best form tbqh

Think its cause we reformed it in 1860

it's not that easy lad. cyrillic isn't an option plainly because its cultural origin ie it's more suited for eastern languages (east slavic, indigenous asian langs) than for western ones. using diacritics like š and č aren't options either. they're not made for western languages and would just look weird. a gothic script revival or runes with modifications to various letters would be quite appealing but highly unlikely.

those trigraphs and pentagraphs are only possible due to historical reasons in orthography. represents the voiceless palatal fricative /ç/ while sounds exactly like s + ch (outcome: /ʃ/, like english ) and tsch is just t + s + ch (outcome: /t͡ʃ/, like english (). digraph isn't possible in german because in most cases s and h together are regarded as separate phonemes and pronounced separately. and as for for /t͡ʃ/ isn't possible because it's already set for another phoneme.
it's not easy.

Of the languages written in Cyrillic letters, I feel that the best for the Japanese is the Ukrainian language.
Because pronunciation is very obedient for notation.

it's as bad as Gaelic desu

this desu

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

>not writing in IPA symbols

>das nat rait inglis tis vei
hau kän somvan bii sou ritaarded tät tei dount rait laik tis? soutlaaffings

Naschjo yapontsiam ukrajinsjka? Tsia mova ne maje ni majbutnioho ni tepereschnioho

i like serbia

Zatelefonuvav v SBU, zaraz za toboyu pryyidutʹ

Really tho, Ukrainian is useless, every Ukrainian in the world, or almost every Ukrainian (90%) speak fluent or semi-fluent Russian, if you learn Russian you can speak with Ukrainians, Belarussians, something like 70% Moldovans, coupla Polish, Czech and Romanian old dudes here and there, Kazakhs, Armenians and Georgians (50%?) etc.

Ukrainian isn't even that interesting really, in some ways it's similar to Polish, kinda phonetically similar to Czech and Slovak too, but it's mostly just Russian

>glagolic script
Holy shit, it looks like one of those sci-fi/fantasy scripts that are far more complicated and detailed than any practical real script.

Poky vony do mene dojidutj ja vzhe budu v Meksytsi, ti kljati pidory tiljky j mozhutj schjo pyzdyty bjudzhet krajiny

>that v

It looks like the script from the Witcher. You know why? Because it mostly is.

it was created by one of his students (Климeнт Oхpидcки) and named in his honour

>muh gr influence
everybody was studying in konstantinopol

>tfw you will never celebrate бoжић with serbians while a gypsy is playing the accordion like in youtu.be/1ZAkEfOSKnQ
why even live