What happened over the last 2 years that made as shit at soccer?

what happened over the last 2 years that made as shit at soccer?
>inb4 we have always been shit
But right now we are a laughing stock. wont make the world cup playing in an easy confederation

just stop, you obviously haven't been watching soccer for very long

The main reason is MLS propaganda: the MLS propaganda media machine has seeped into mainstream soccer media where we pretend that shitters like Zusi, Acosta, Morris or Bradtidore are such good players when in fact they are mediocre. MLS big wigs in the USSF board: Don Garber and some SUM marketing shills infest the USSF board of directors. They tell Gulati what to do which is why the USSF felt uncomfortable with Klinsmann's anti MLS rhetoric the longer it went on throughout the years and why they decided to fire him after any mistake. Klinsmann had a successful Copa America where semifinals was the goal but nonethless was fired only two games into the hex. Why? Because he started to piss off the MLS stars Bradley and Altidore and MLS wanted to keep those two on the national team for marketing purposes. To summarize, USSF/MLS want as many MLS stars in the national team as possible in order to market MLS to the world but as seen through heavy defeats and embarrassing losses, MLS development is far behind.

Then there's the immediate problem of a mediocre coach with Bruce Arena. Make no mistake, the national team locker room wasn't against Klinsmann at all: in fact you had players like Bobby Wood and Deandre Yedlin defending him after his departure. Yet USSF decided that Klinsmann was a problem for their project and not for the results in the hex - the two hardest games in the hex in fact. So they rehired Arena who was a yes man who calls up their MLS players they want marketed like Morris, Acosta and whatever MLS players they approve. Why was the gold cup almost all MLS players? Do you really believe that Arena wanted to "help out" the European players by letting them do clun preseason? It makes no sense considering there were fringe options like Carter Vickers who needed experience or Miazga.

USSF assumed Arena wouldnt screw up qualification by picking MLS players but look where we are now. USSF is the reason why US soccer hasnt progressed in 10 years.

We've always been shit

more like why? because under his management the first 2 games the us is in the mess they're in in the first place. theeeeeee end. actually losing at home to mex and getting destroyed is what caused this uncertainty in the first place

you mention yedlin like if he wasnt injured zusi and villafana wouldnt be in. you mention altidore like he isnt the best forward on the team. you mention morris like he didnt have a part in the goal yesterday. you mention acosta like he didnt hit the free kick.

Altidore, Morris and Acosta have been dogshit more than good. You are apologizing for mls mediocrity and you know it.

Costa Rica and Mexico were better than you 3 years ago and are better than you now. You're 3rd place at concacaf which is to be expected.

Christ these threads.

The US is fine.
CONCACAF is difficult.
That's all.

The US is having some trouble in center back at the moment..
They lost against Costa Rica who is still the most underrated team on the planet, and they had a tough game in Honduras which is expected.

Like I said 4 years ago while every retarded wannabe know it all said "lol delusional"
CR, Mex, and the US will all make it out of their groups.
Why? because at the end of the day all 3 are top 20 to top 16 teams on this planet.

And to
to criticize MLS is nothing but foolish.
Their growth has been nothing short of spectacular.
And in no world would Klinsman have been a better coach than Arena at this stage.
He had to go.

cant believe how dumb you sons of bitches are sometimes.
don't you have any type of pattern recognition

>CONCACAF is difficult.

>Costa Rica who is the most underrated team on the planet
>tough game in Honduras which is expected
>all 3 are top 20 to top 16 teams on the planet
>Their growth has been nothing short of spectactular
Look at this MlelS r*dditor shill and laugh at him, kids.

Sick pasta lad mind if I save it?

Yep, laugh it up,

Let me ask you a serious question..
Did you publicly argue that tiny little Costa Rica would WIN their world cup group with England, Italy, and Uruguay? and then knock out Greece?
that the US would get out of their group with Germany Portugal and Ghana?
That Mexico would get out of their group with Brazil, Croatia, and Cameroon even though they were in an absolute mess?
That Germany would annihilate Brazil in their home?

Nah, im sure you didn't.. but I sure as hell did.
That makes my analysis more valuable than yours.

Same shit every few years, I tell you morons how it is and you lie to yourself as if you know what the hell you're talking about.
ill keep being right, you keep on being wrong.

Hahaha oh god it's this same autistic Doyle faggot who brags about Costa rica winning the group which somehow makes My Little Sawker a top league. You are a hopeless cause m8 just drink some bleach since you seem to want to kys so bad by watching My Little Sawker garbage.

Never mind the fact that Costa rica only used 2 (two) My Little Sawker players in Brazil throughout the group stage and knockout rounds and the majority of their team came from european clubs. But keep being delusional.

once again lad, I was right.
You were wrong.
Track record says I know more than you
na na na na na na ;'c
FEELS GOOD BEING THIS DAMN GOOD BAYBAYY

>;c
Are you straight from r*ddit? You type like some autistic r*dditor faggot with a dick up his ass no wonder people can easily spot you and your autism kek.
>M-my little sawker is good guys pls believe me. Based Costa Rica used two of our shitters in their world cup run!
Want to see how good My little sawker really is? Go watch Belgium vs USA or the My little sawker all stars against Honduras yesterday

Concacaf is not difficult, we're just fucking garbage because of all the MLS players bringing down our squad. Altidore, Zusi, Acosta, Morris, Bradley, McCarty, Hedges, Wondolowski, Nagbe theyre all overrated and terrible.

This summarizes the whole situation best. We are trash because (((((they))))) dont care and just want to shill mls.

>Costa Rica this qualifying cycle
MLS players, CR league players, and Bryan Ruiz
>Honduras this qualifying cycle
MLS players and Honduras league players

Every goal scored against America these past two games was scored by an MLS player. Eat shit.

>CONCACAF is difficult.

>Every goal scored against America these past two games was scored by an MLS player.
And? Arena is a joke and a poor excuse of a coach and all American MLS players are overrated and mediocre which is why they are hardly consistent in international games or why you end up with players like Altidore who fail to score in 10 fucking games before scoring in a mickey mouse tournament this summer. MLS is a wasteland for player development

this. the casuals and newfags are exceptionally loud these days and just erupting from the woodwork.

and all largest fuck-ups were made by non-MLS players. weird.

It is for los yanqui maricones y el eme lel ese.
>undefeated in Concaca qualifying
Feels good. Now we just need to tell Gio, Jona y Vela que se largen y se vayan chingar sus putas madres

Ah yes, tell me more about the vaunted player development of the Costa Rican and Honduran leagues because teams that are reliant on players from those leagues (and MLS) are somehow still beating us

I'm not saying that MLS player development is anywhere close to what it is in Europe, but if you think the state of American domestic player development isn't leaps and bounds better than it was 5 or 10 years ago you're delusional. NCAA/"everyone should go to college" is the big roadblock here honestly

MLS player development is fucking garbage. What proof do you have of it getting better when MLS clubs routinely lose to Mexican clubs or our national team putting out garbage performance after performance with majority MLS players? At what point will you retarded shills see that the league is a joke and has stagnated the national team? Do we need Belgium or Argentina to rape us again for you to get it to your thick skull?

i believe his point was that the MLS hasn't seemed to stunt the development of other teams. You can keep repeating the same silly insults, but that doesn't bring much substance to your arguments. And just assuming that other people value truth over reactions doesn't mean they are all shilling. Obsessing over your conspiracy doesn't make you look good either.

I believe his retarded point was that MLS player development is fine and I'm saying he's fucking retarded for reasons shown above.

you are bad at reading.

Domestic player development was practically nonexistent 10 years ago. Rail against MLS all you want but having organized youth academies is a lot better than relying solely on college ball.

You also can't outsource the entire country's youth development to Europe.

Non attention whore thread here

Having a pile of shit is not better than having no system at all. MLS will take decades to even approach the development level of a feeder league like Belgium so what are we going to do in the mean time? Keep training and calling up players with mediocre development or call the promising ones who made it out of a gruelling cutthroat environment in Europe?

>having a pile of shit is not better than having no system at all
You've just disqualified any and all of your opinions from further consideration with this retarded statement
Get this in your head: you cannot outsource this entire country's youth development

It also won't take decades for the investment in youth to pay off. The infrastructure is already in place. MLS academies are poaching European academy coaches (Chicago's academy director used to run the show at PSG). The first cohort of MLS academy players who decided to forgo college and go pro are already getting meaningful minutes in the league. Not wasting the prime developmental years away in college soccer makes a huge difference, as it turns out.

I'm not saying don't call up the guys who play in European leagues, that's idiotic. And I'll be the first to agree with you that guys like Williams and Hyndman aren't getting a fair shake. But claiming that youth players or players on the fringes of the first team somewhere in Norway are going to fix all of our problems is delusional.

>CONCACAF is difficult
Did you not know that Europe and SA are continents? They are much more difficult to qualify in. The US would never make it in EU qualifiers and rarely in SA.

One of the big problems is that a lot of our senior players that played in Europe came back to MLelS and have definitely gotten shittier. That, and the fact that we're willing to play fossils like Zusi and pace merchants like Morris but won't even look at Danny Williams, Timmy Chandler, or Miazga.

>Williams (22 caps), Miazga (3 caps)
Okay, sure, I can get behind this
>Chandler
Opinion discarded
Dude has 29 caps. How many more chances do you want to give him? If you actually think he's been good for da states you're being blinded by the German flag next to his club.

Because an old, slow RB for Sporting Kansas City is better than the starting RB for a mid-table Bundesliga team, right? Get real. I don't get how you can use the caps argument against Chandler anyways when he only has 5 more than Danny.

I'm not disputing that Chandler has been good for Eintracht
He's just one of those people that can't seem to get it together for the national team regardless of his club performance
I'm not saying Zusi is the answer but neither is Chandler

He might not be "the answer" but he's certainly a better option. I'd at least rather give him a chance than watch Zusi play any more games in a US jersey.

He's had plenty of chances. None since Klinnsmann got canned though tbf, so it may be worthwhile to see if he finally stops sucking for the NT

I definitely think he deserves another chance. I feel like there's no way he could do a worse job than Zusi, at least until Yedlin is back from his injury.

Arena doesnt even call up the best MLelS players. Why is Bingham, Hedges, Nagbe, or all those technical Mexicans on FC dallas not in the team?

I can't imagine any professional coach is this much of a hack, I suspect like the other user said that he is being pressured by USSF to play the same shitty guys every time.

Nagbe is on the team. Hedges had a bad Gold Cup. Bingham isn't even the best MLS goalkeeper not named Tim Howard (that would be the elusive healthy Bill Hamid). I don't know which Mexicans on FC Dallas you're talking about, unless you mean Jesse Gonzalez but he's a goalkeeper.

is this true?

Hedges was shit the chances he's gotten so far.

>CONCACAF is difficult.

Name better striker options? I'm good with Bobby Wood and Johanssen but AJ isn't even on the squad?

wood should be the sole striker desu. thats how he scores wonder goals at shitty Hamburg.

I

Been saying this for fucking ever. Wood up top with Johnson/Puligod/Nagbe behind him in a 4231 so Bradley can still have a babysitter next to him (hopefully Williams could play there) so he can remember how to play. Would suit us so much better.

>Keep giving caps to guys in their late 30s
>Keep giving caps to shit defenders from the MlelS
>Center attack around 18 year old

They need to try out Carter Vickers, stop giving caps to guys like Zusi and Beasley who've been around forever

I can unironically believe this even though it could be bullshit.

Will calling up Americans playing in Mexico help? Or is Liga MX as bad as MLS?

MLS is a slightly more improved J-League

Liga MX is the best league outside of Europe

>Liga MX is the best league outside of Europe
Chicanos like you need to be gassed and deported.

oh right im in an MLReddit thread facts that don't favor your shit league are bad

MLS is shit and the mexican league is inferior to Brazil and Argentina by a large margin since you literally get their rejects.

My respects hermano, don't let these fools get to ya.

No. Watch the games, this large margin doesn't exist. I know you don't actually follow any of those 3 leagues but act like you know what you're talking about.

Swine.

Your garbage teams literally get raped in the south american champions league it's not even funny. You are the premier league of latin America - full of money but shit players.

>fired a german manager
>hired a fucking yank from the mlels
1/2 this

>used to have good players, dempsey, donovan, howard, onyewu
>now have a bunch of literal whos from babby leagues, german lower league bench players, nobodies etc
1/2 this

tldr shit players shit manager

Brazil and Argentina produce teams that are on par with the Euro top 10 every year
Liga MX, I don't want to be rude, is dominated by André-Pierre Gignac

This is why no one takes the opinions of Americans seriously.

And for the Americans reading, Gignac is shit.

>CONCACAF is difficult.

I want some of what you're smoking