Pale Wave t shirts released on the 16 th February

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=028yMtrBroc
youtube.com/watch?v=FkgOEWC2qY4
youtube.com/watch?v=CYKE7SYH6D4
youtube.com/watch?v=vXphrT63yzs
youtube.com/watch?v=MAERYJAw5HY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How much do you want to bet she got that guitar because it was the same kind as Ian Curtis used?

i got mine early

Generally I don't go much for the "paid shill" conspiracy theories that a lot of people on this board like to throw around when it comes to meme bands, but the corporate shilling that was going on on Sup Forums for this band for a while was absolutely fucking shameless. It really couldn't have been more obvious, and the fact that it all stopped literally overnight only made it all the more blatant.

It's almost impressive how obviously manufactured this "band" is. It's the exact sort of shit that comes out of corporate boardroom meetings attended by clueless middle-aged industry men trying to get in on "youth culture". Fucking appalling.

Yeah I noticed that too.

She's using that guitar because their A&R guy told her to use it. It's a very photogenic guitar, innit.

oh muh gawd i em saaaaa depprusd

this

>hot chick lead singer
>drummer looks like a female Robert Smith except fatter
>bassist and guitarist are a couple of skinny, hipster twinks who don't have the balls to even put on some fucking eyeliner or something
>music is boring garbage

Tell me, corporate guys, how much money do those "TFW no goth GF" guys really generate?

>how much money do those "TFW no goth GF" guys really generate?
You'd be surprised

fuck off

youtube.com/watch?v=028yMtrBroc

here. have some better goth

Saw these guys live around the time Andrew recruited the other guy into the band. They were unbelievably good.

youtube.com/watch?v=FkgOEWC2qY4

Real shit.

bands like this are the equivalent of all those long forgotten landfill indie bands of the 00s

They're more like the bangles than Christian Death afa goth goes

1 x There’s a Honey Tee (£20.00)
S
Release Date 16 February 2018

whats worse was people had the fucking gall to call this band goth.

Its fucking synth-wave bullshit forgettable tripe. This band is utterly shameless and inauthentic.

this is pretty good.

i like this weird cosmic priest in love with renaissance schtick. Very aesthetic.

This. It also happens on Sup Forums and Sup Forums regularly.

She is fucking cute though...

I FUCKING HATE THIS SHIT TURD BAND

I literally did an internship at Warner a year ago and one thing I had to do was constantly make posts about certain artists on various social media, Sup Forums included. There wasn't any focus of what I was supposed to post, just post random shit about certain bands/artists. Did that for like 4 hours a day for a couple weeks before I stopped going.

If she just dressed normally then I wouldn't have a problem with the band. It just comes across as lame and contrived

but Pale Waves shirts have already been out for years now

they're not shagging are they 1975 are awful.

these are the real deal signor

owo what's this?

who could have a hand in the success of this -very similar to the 1975 but with a girl instead- band?

The 1975 are the best young band around today. It's fun to laugh at this board for not realizing that.
They literally graduated from typical ol' screamo high school band that did the occasional Coheed & Cambria cover to an alt. rock band that somehow keeps 'rock' alive while folding in influences from stuff like 80s underrated gold in Tears for Fears, house music, shoegaze, pretty acoustic tracks, whatever. They're an amazing group.

Pale Waves are young & comfy & fine for staying close-to-the-nest at the beginning of their career. Will be fun to see how they develop.

How do you know this, though?

That's good to know, 49 year old marketing exectuive

:( I wish I was.
23-year-old trying to find a job in the music industry, here, actually.
If only I *would* get paid for all the defending I do of bands I love on here

Nobody this young should allow themselves to be this fucking boring and milquetoast. You're not 23, you're 41 and writing for The Guardian.

thanks for the update shill

>Sup Forums is one of the most visited sites on the whole internet
>memes are "the future of advertising", this is on every marketing department's schedule
>Sup Forums is known for memes and viral shit
>Sup Forums is anonymous

I mean... yeah. It's not a conspiracy theory. It's a given.
You're being advertised 24/7 when you browse Sup Forums.
Memes aren't funny jokes anymore, memes are a legitimate profession now.

>boring by actually putting in *some* kind of effort to talk about the band instead of "le 1975 fucking suck" over & over again
>milquetoast because I 'submit' to defending bands I like
What?

Again, wish I wrote for a paying publication.
Perhaps you're saying I write better than the youth you've seen? Maybe you've got a point, there.

Here, have some music.

youtube.com/watch?v=CYKE7SYH6D4
youtube.com/watch?v=vXphrT63yzs
youtube.com/watch?v=MAERYJAw5HY

Thoughts on Grimes?

it's all a means to an end , get 'em wearing facepaint and black lipstick it's half the battle

You can actually do entire threads to bump limit all by yourself or with a special friend because you enjoy it and simply think you're better than everyone on the internet. Imagine it, imitating a whole fanbase entirely on your own so your girlfriend will suck your cock, lying is just so fucking fun and you cant attain the same reward or feeling of accomplishment anywhere else. Sup Forums shilling is just good fucking times and something to be proud of for yourself. Imagine something like it happening every day and being maintained every hour

>millennial/gen Z person
>likes things like video games, anime, alternative music
Grimes browses (or used to browse) Sup Forums, no doubt about it.

see We can't stop hating her loudly she is of the worst my man

No way

So.. what's the deal with these ugly Vox guitars? Every young musician uses them. Do they have anything special other than the ugly shape?

Pale Waves is about as anti goth and pro commercial as you can get. Hipsters will eat this shit up though and waifufags. Sad!

I'm not sure if people remember but a lot of her popular and pitchfork support came from claiming she was raped, which happens to be how she explained her hit song. She's admitted to receiving a lot of death threats before

Nice dubs

First track is pretty good, a liiittle plodding/static. Some good & some bad lyrics, too.

Second track's atmosphere is classic. Nothing striking about the tune though. Couldn't make out many lyrics on first pass, either.

Dark wave-y synthpop like the third track rarely satisfies me, and this definitely doesn't come close to changing that. Longer than it should be for 5 minutes of a simple groove with weak lyrics.

I'll have to try listening to some of these groups' other songs. One of the things I love about The 1975 is that they'll touch on a sound like these for a track or two, but not linger on it and will show a different influence in the next track, you know? That + hugely more satisfying instrumental lines than at least the few tracks here.

Of the 3, I'm only excited to check out more of the first group. I appreciate the Tears for Fears-y vocals from the dude like I referenced; got a Phantogram vibe from the woman, as well. Has the strongest melody of the 3, as well.

Thanks for the recs, though!

Sorry, dude. You can like more 'mainstream'-y 'pop' bands without lying. Keep lying to yourself that they're automatically not good, if that's what keeps you happy, I guess.
Also, how do *I* think I'm better than everyone on the internet, but you don't think the same? How could that be a one-way argument?

The real queen of goth coming through...

Im talking about grimes really

Nice dubs

this was exactly the same shit as paramore, but paramore has fans that arent just kids now. dont think most of these kind of bands rly have anywhere to go desu. just like paramore sold 14 yr olds pop in a punk outfit this is pop in a goth outfit

Can't tell if 808s and Satan on my side are a good or bad thing, lel

I'm sorry did you care about this band or something?

This

Is that Evanescence?

grouper

Remember that time Chelsea Wolfe namedropped Ayn Rand for the sake of looking edgy, and then when she got called out on it by some interviewer admitted that she doesn't really know anything about Ayn Rand? That was funny.

:(

I never thought I'd hate a band as much as I hate these poser faggot fucks.

I'm gonna look so cool

Nigga I was making those threads.

Fucking incels falling for the shill meme conspiracy. lol.

>he 1975 are the best young band around today.

ian used a 6 string

Both of them sound pretty bland to me. And all of the elements you describe can also be said for almost any indie act nowadays. Especially shoegaze
We already have enough shitty music journalists. We don't need any more.

wanna fugg her

It's because it looks like a coffin

they make good music desu but holy fuck this

Who the fuck makes a fucking post about SHIRTS being released on Sup Forums.
Their songs are produced by one of the people in the 1975 so they have a lot of backbone on them trying to get them out there.

>heir songs are produced by one of the people in the 1975 so they
:(((