Star Wars Fan Theory

So, I have this theory on Darth Sidious. Everything he says is just from the top of his head. He doesn't know what he's talking about and lies consistently.

>He first walked in to the Senate, a regular person, with no prior knowledge about politics, and fooled everyone into thinking he was some great politician.
>He then goes on doing everything he does in the movies, except every word he speaks is just a lie. Everything he says he knows, and has done, never happened. Yet, he is that convincing, that he turns a powerful Jedi like Anakin Skywalker, into a dark lord.
>There is even a part in Return Of The Jedi(I'm pretty sure), where Vader approaches Sidious, and says he can feel lukes presence. Sidious then proceeds in saying "Are you sure?". Not long after that, he tells Vader that Luke will come to them. He has foreseen it. When not a minute ago, he was questioning Vader on his presence.

In short, Palpatine is no master of the force, he has highly modified hand shake electric shock prank things on his hands, which is why he can only use "force lightning", and the only reason he became the Emperor, is because he is masterfully skilled in the art of misleading and lies.

What are your guys thoughts on this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E8uXBdCIsrU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Not to mention, he was around the Jedi for years, yet they never picked up on the dark presence(because it didn't exists)

>He first walked in to the Senate, a regular person, with no prior knowledge about politics, and fooled everyone into thinking he was some great politician.
>He then goes on doing everything he does in the movies, except every word he speaks is just a lie. Everything he says he knows, and has done, never happened. Yet, he is that convincing, that he turns a powerful Jedi like Anakin Skywalker, into a dark lord.

he is space trump ?

Uhh, no. He was playing 4d chess the whole time like the God-Emperor Trump.

Memes aside, I think his saving lives story was horseshit to turn Anakin.

Sounds like it. And it works.

I like it, would explain why Dooku didnt snitch out on Sidius when he was about to die because Sidious isnt Palpatine

Your theory falls apart on Palpatine vs Yoda

ooopps

Why didn't Sheev even try to explore eternal life?
It would certainly help with him in his 80's and solve the successor problem.

there is no point I think

since Siths pass down their best knowledge to their successors, it means that the newest and freshest Sith are amongst the strongest as their knowledge are fully refined by the previous ones

Sheev was on cocaine at the time.

I do think people give Sheev too much credit as a master manipulator. He was probably winging it half the time, as all politicians do, and could have failed at any time.

The best laid plans of mice and men and such.

his age wasn't established until the prequel trilogy

he was probably originally a gorillion years old

>implying Lucas is that clever

The novelization of ROTJ explicitly has a passage where he is reminiscing about how he was Senator Palpatine and manouvered his way to become emperor.

hopefully that was really long before

>tfw will forever wish that empy palpy was an ancient space wizard

I'd agree with you if you weren't a namefag and if it weren't for the fact that Sheev is clearly sith, however I would concede that he's just a self taught sith lord wannabe who lied through his teeth about everything and got by on charisma and force powers alone. In ROTS after Annie makes the leap old shift Sheev backs out on him regarding the whole cheating death thing and says he doesn't know how to do it but he's sure they'll figure it out together.

The novels ain't canon amigo.

he does in dark empire
he has clones and change constantly

If you could mind control ppl there wouldnt really be a need for becoming skilled at anything else, so i support you OP.

I like the fact that he's from Naboo, though. Its pretty perfect.

>Outer Rim World so he's a 'colonial'
>But its also a fucking rich and fancy world which suits his general fanciness
>Human/Gungan conflict sets up his anti-alien racism which explains how the Empire functions
>Being from the same world as Padme means he's kinda more linked to the Skywalker family, he basically hooked Anakin up with a chick from his hometown.
>Also Tatooine and Naboo are canonically really close, so if Sheev had a hand in causing Anakin to be born, then this fits.
>Naboo is the planetary home of Darth Jar Jar

So if he's just a faceless man, a walk-in to the Senate instead of being an old timey Naboo politician then that kind of fucks shit up with the tiny tiny tiny piece of his backstory that we do have from the movies.

No force powers? He spams the force more than any character in the series.

>He uses TK on Yoda also on Luke's cuffs in ROTJ
>He bounces around the room Yoda-style in the fight with Mace
>His fucking face changes
>He telepathically sense Anakin's danger

He's definitely a force user, but i agree that stuff like:

>"It seems in your anger, you killed her."

and

>"I will make it legal"

could just be sheev being mis-sheev-ious.

Judging by the movies he does. He's still spry and powerful in ROTJ despite being old as fuck. he's clearly got a plan.

He's good at spinning though

What about the story of Darth Plagious the Wise?

100% canon along with book.

My theory: you're a faggot and you watch baby movies

Sage.

Terrence Stamp is just made that Chancellor Valorum was such a fucking chump.

>What are your guys thoughts on this?
He killed 2 Jedi masters, killed master Jedi Windy - THE most OP Jedi in all SW universe and defeated Yoda. If he was no-force user with electic hand, then he was also a fucking Space Bruce Lee.

>>There is even a part in Return Of The Jedi(I'm pretty sure), where Vader approaches Sidious, and says he can feel lukes presence. Sidious then proceeds in saying "Are you sure?". Not long after that, he tells Vader that Luke will come to them. He has foreseen it. When not a minute ago, he was questioning Vader on his presence.

This scene has a lot going on that people don't realize. When Vader confirms that he has felt Luke, Palpatine says "Strange that I have not".

Palpatine is implying that he suspects Vader of using the force to hide the twins from Palpatine.

Also, he is pretty /fit/ for his age.
youtube.com/watch?v=E8uXBdCIsrU

Wrong, he's a frail old man. He's using the force to enhance his physical feats. Thats why he's able to use weird choreography and make goofy faces during all of his fights. He's barely even trying.

Sheev taught anikin how to force ghost.

Sheev is a spoopy ghost after the deathstar ii blows up