ITT: Best anco albums

ITT: Best anco albums.

It's not Merriweather Post Pavilion and you all know it

Other urls found in this thread:

discogs.com/Animal-Collective-Feels/release/684630
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You guys are more autistic then the ktards. You discuss the same fucking albums every day just to validate your autism.

its sung tongs

This, followed by Strawberry Jam

Feels

Why are you on Sup Forums

Automine-Paddington band

>this user thinks he's special for having heard Avey's early work

Kill yourself.

Nah,i'm just memeing for real tho,my fav album by them is probably STGSTV

STGSTV>feels>Strawberry Jam>HCTI>MPP>Sung Tongs>Centipede Hz>Campfire songs>danse manatee>painting with

Why do people pretend it’s anything except STGSTV

They were good memories and now im phasing them all out. Hey any killing joke fans in here?

Get out

Merriweather Post Pavilion

because their balls haven't dropped yet

i cant listen to spirit theyve gone, they ruined it by putting in all the super high pitched stuff. its like listening to something while you have tinnitus. why did they do that? i would listen to it otherwise, its not bad musically.

and strawberry jam is indeed the best

To filter out the plebs. Seems like it's working.

i really love this album
i know its mu core but it just hits me everytime listen to it. im really living in the perfect time to enjoy it i think

Strawberry Jam was the turning point when the band went full pleb and started pandering to the masses. It's not a bad album, but their earlier work is more interesting and patrician.

You're absolutely right
Also, PW is among their best albums.

>Also, PW is among their best albums.
into the trash your opinion goes :^)

Because we're not so insecure about our music taste that we have to pretend to like STGSTV

It's their worst, you say?

Most Sup Forums core is forcefed crap from when this board was dominated by r/indieheads

yes

Why is it?

OP's Related pic and MPP assertion are both correct.

Followed closely by Feels and Sung Tongs, not in a particular order

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAH IMAGINE BEING THIS SELF CONCIOUS ABOUT YOUR NORMIE FUCKING TASTE

tfw the best AC album got repressed last night and it sold out in like 4 hours while i was asleep

Here Comes the Indian

fpwp

Repressed where? I'm pretty sure Feels is really easy to find, unless it was a special edition or something

Feels is like incredibly hard to find man

Don’t worry. If it’s a repress like they’ve been doing for all their other early albums it should be widely available soon.

feels. end of discussion

Who the fuck has to pretend to like stgstv? It’s hardly abrasive outside of the first and 3rd song, and even then it’s hardly that bad. It’s by far their best work

This user has touched on something important:
Can we agree that Painting With is by far their worst record?

it was on their official site, for $22 instead of the $50 it's going for on discogs with older issues

yeah that's what i figured, i remember the same thing happening with hollinndagain and sung tongs last year

I got all of them with those represses

Feels and Spirit are the only vinyl I’m missing.

I even found a copy of Prospekt Hummer last year!

The notion that MPP is their "poppiest" album is not true. It's at the very least tied with SJ. I think people equate the professional production value on MPP, as well as the danciness, with pop, when the idea of pop is bigger than that. There are actual patterns in music that are demonstrably more palatable than others. Chord progressions, mostly consonant melodies, how repetition is used to familiarize the audience with the refrains, major key, uncomplicated rhythms, unabrasive textures.

I think you can really look at SJ and find that even more of the songs on the album are sort of built on Beatles pop structures than MPP. Not that they both don't have exceptions. But In the Flowers is not as poppy a song as Peace Bone, just for one example. The phrase in ITF is incredibly sweeping in length and phrase, and it's in a weird mode, or at least a modulating key, the rhyme scheme of the lyrics is totally elusive, and the structure of the song isn't as typical. It slowly meanders through the ambiance till it builds and pops off its chorus (if you can even truly call it that) in one dramatic gesture. It's a weird fucking song, weirder than it even seems once you start examining it.

I could go on, but I think there are a lot of observations you can make like this. MPP is sort of tarnished because it popped open the bubble that Anco was incubating for years to create a unique little world of their own, from which their best work grew out of, but the popularity was *primed* BY the pop appeal of SJ, and people treat with a less fair ear because popularity is sort of unattractive to indie scenes.

>Feels is like incredibly hard to find man

discogs.com/Animal-Collective-Feels/release/684630

Naw man.

>Feels is like incredibly hard to find man

Huh, I didn't realize. Glad I have a copy then :^)

Look at those prices though

Well, sure... It's there though. I got mine like two years ago. Just work and extra three hours this week or something.

you don't have to pretend to like it, but you have to pretend like you don't want to skip the intro track every time you listen to it. shit is ear. fucking. rape.

/thread

this only pertains to full lps

>top tier
ST, SJ, MPP

>great tier
Feels, HCTI

>interesting but just ok tier
basically everything else

>but where's STGSTV?
it's grossly overrated because it lies in the cross section between obscurity and the fact that the song writing is pretty accessible. It's just incredibly amateur in terms of writing and production though, so much wasted time. I get it, basically all new songwriters become so precious of the things they create they're unwilling to cut stuff from it, but it's still a huge problem for the album. And as far as the production goes, it's incredibly thin, and that is an enormous part of composition for recordings. I like it, but it's more like a promising debut from a band that would go on to do much better work, not some secret perfect hidden gem where everything works the whole time.

hahahahahhahahahaah look at this faggot

This guy is right.

It is literally damaging, physiologically. If you listen to it at the same volume you listen to anything else it can damage your hearing.

>not exclusively listening to their EPs

this is b8, right? i honestly can't tell with you guys any more

>doesn't that the high frequencies are symbolic

kek

its genuinely a gorgeous track
t. Brainlet

I've listened to MPP, SJ, and STGSTV. The only one I enjoyed is STGSTV. Is there anything else in their discography I might like?

imagine being such a fucking baby
HEY STOOPED
LOWER THE VOLUME

I used to listen to the intro track on repeat and nearly shed a tear (out of beauty, not out of pain)

You're a fucking pleb.

Volume is part of songs too. Textures don't activate unless you're listening at a certain volume. So it's detrimental to the overall experience to turn it down too much, but like I said, even listening at just a regular volume is kind of bad for your ears imo. It's a dumb mistake, and audio production is a huge and relevant part of the composition, and STGSTV has pretty bad production.

Here Comes the Indian is much better, and it explores a lot of similar ideas. Sung Tongs might get you too, both of those have a more raw aesthetic than SJ and MPP. Oh, and Feels, but I'd check out the other two first. Specifically hcti.

okay you're just fucking memeing i guess, either thator you're 15 and pleb

>i don't have an argument

if you want to discuss, discuss

no one on here talk about animal collective anymore