Let’s settle this once and for all: is this good?

Let’s settle this once and for all: is this good?

It's pretty good IMO. The three big singles were overplayed to hell and back but that doesn't make them bad. They're still good songs. But the best songs are the ones near the back, like 4th Dimensional Transition and Of Moons, Birds and Monsters. I'm pretty sure 99% of people either love or hate this album based on the singles, which sucks.

each song gets progressively worse. 8 out of 19

Classic. Even the singles are great. 9/10

>But the best songs are the ones near the back, like 4th Dimensional Transition and Of Moons, Birds and Monsters
Agreed, add The Handshake to those too.

Its their only good album

IMO, yes. Kids and Electric Feel are overplayed af and Electric Feel itself is a tad half baked, but then you got a pretty good synthpop record on Side A and then a great psych pop record on Side B. Of Moons, Birds, & Monsters and Future Reflections are especially choice. A fun, easy listen. 8/10

>*deletes Pieces of What*
Ahh, perfect. What the fuck were they thinking.

I think you mean
>*deletes The Youth*

no

Only two songs I couldn’t get into. Other than that it’s a perfect album.

>"This is a call to arms to live and love and sleep together"

The whole thing is great. One of the best albums of the last 20 years.

Absolutely not 'good'. What the fuck is wrong with y'all adoring it?
What are your other favorite bands?
Bleachers?
Fun?
Awolnation?

Their worst album, by far. A 3/5 album. At this point, they were a *not good* band with two good singles in Time to Pretend & Electric Feel.

The Youth was pretty good; Of Moons, Birds & Monsters was probably the best track on the album; 4th Dimensional Transition and The Handshake are passable. The rest is skip-worthy. Kids especially has one of the most annoying hooks I've ever heard with that dinky little synth melody; and for that annoying track to loop for a full 5 minutes is total cringe.

>Even the singles are great.
The singles are the best part of the album you contrarian fuck.

>Bleachers
>Fun.
>Awolnation

Haha... yeah.. who even likes them...

You think the self titled is better?

Na, after listening to it a billions times, my favorites are not the singles:
>Weekend Wars
>4th Dimensional Transition
>Of Moons, Birds, and Monsters
>The Handshake
are my honest favorites, contrarian as it may sound.

Same. I like the more psyched out tunes over the poppier ones. All good though.

holy moly quadrioni

808's and quadbreaks

>even the singles are great
>can barely admit to liking pop songs on a pop album

Yeah. I used to think the s/t was better than I do now back when it came out, but it still doesn't deserve *quite* as much shit as it gets. I'll say that that one definitely sounds better on some big speakers to fill your listening room than headphones, IMO

I will say that the one-note texture is kinda boring, so it's rare you may want to listen to it. But Side 2 (especially the last few tracks) is pretty cool, to me.
Thinking about it now, it would actually be hard to pick which record I'd rather listen to. The s/t has less moments that actively annoy me, but OS at least has a bit of sonic variation between most of the songs.

Don't get me wrong, I love the hits. They hold up even today, and phenomenal how popular they got even in their ironic weirdness.
Only song I'm meh on is The Youth (but it's still good).

The youth is just the least interesting song surrounded by far better, catchier songs.

Its ok but has no surprises and dosnt seem to go anywhere. Probably the worst song in their discography.

You guys really actually like Kids on this board, huh?

Blows my mind.

Yeah, I might agree with this.

Of Moons, Birds & Monsters, Future Reflections, and Kids are the best songs on the album

Kids is actually amazing for a top 40 pop song.
The chorus is
>"Control yourself, take only what you need from it
>An army of trees wanting to be haunted"
Pretty refreshing given the utter garbage that typically dominates the charts.

>The Youth are starting to change. Are you starting to change?

>army

The lyrics are a little admirable, I'll admit, but it's that damn vocal melody right there that makes me cringe. And then to go back to the too-trebly synth melody after that...it's just not pleasant to my ears :(

>there are people posting on Sup Forums who were 10 or younger when Kids was on the radio

haha yeah, no idea why I said army.
Anyway, as a psychedelic lad, even their poppy tunes make me think a lot.

Dubs = Yes

Settled.