Did you like the Hunger Games Quadrilogy?

Did you like the Hunger Games Quadrilogy?

No it was pretty shit

Watched the first one, but I don't enjoy browsing tumblr so I stopped there.

Yep. I lieked it.

First was okay. Second was surprisingly good. Third was bad. Fourth was beyond a joke.

what was the ending can someone explain to me was it like i dont love you peeeeetah and i never will ill come back to my house like nothing happened?

I liked the simplicity of the plot at first, but it got gradually more convoluted and less enjoyable. I figure the characters and scenario was simply not interesting or convincing enough to make me watch that shit.

This

i learned how to shoot a bow in the woods and now i'm hawkeye shooting down police helicopters lmao

I agree except I enjoyed the 4th one a lot

They are all terrible

I liked it better when it was a manga called Battle Royale

Run of the mill YA garbage.

Battle Royale did the exact premise, only, you know, better.

It was garbage from the start, including the first and the second one.

I prefer the running man really

Battle Royale is better, but TRM is quite enjoyable and far better than the "le I'm such a rebel XDDD" garbage Hunger Games was.

>Quadrilogy

>Frog

>Quadrilogy
user, please...

I wanted to give this a chance but man it truly is shit.

First one was okay as slightly different spin on battle royale, what with the whole gameshow aspect. But it was very clearly shlock meant to cater to adolescent girls and make them feel "strong and empowered" or whatever.

But it just gets worse from there. The sequels fall for that phenomenon where the main story is about an event, and the sequels become less and less about that event. In this case, being less and less about the actual hunger games. I don't watched up to the 3rd movie, and that one didn't even have any hunger games in it, for example.

Also, nothing annoys me more than this bullshit that started with Harry Potter where in a series of movies based on books, the final book gets split into two separate movies. All this does (besides lining the jews' pockets with more money) is completely fuck up the narrative structure, because Part 1 is always going to feel unresolved and without a proper 3 act sequence, and then Part 2 just feels like a 2 hour climax and resolution with no build-up. Studios need to stop doing that shit.

Do you want to waste your time on a film that labels government as some 1D villain, while also having walking stereotypes that you'll likely forget in a manner of minutes, let alone hours? We both know the answer is no.

>Quadrilogy

what?
didnt the 2nd one just come out or something i havent been paying attention

>nothing annoys me more than this bullshit that started with Harry Potter where in a series of movies based on books, the final book gets split into two separate movies
What I always found strange about that phenomena is they never film both films for a simultaneous release and tout it as a double feature, where the problems with narrative structure wouldn't be such a problem

The third movie was split in two parts, as is the current trend.

Probably because if they released both at the same time, then the plebs would start asking questions about why it's not a single movie.

Quite liked the first but it has its flaws.
Absolutely love the second and is one of my favourite films ever made. Everything is perfect.
The third almost had me walking out of the cinema I was so bored. Hated it.
The fourth I was ready to leave because of the dull as hell first half but then the second half after the sewers was brilliant.

All in all its one of the better film series.

Battle Royal aged like milk

BR is great up until the final act. Then it just starts meandering and sort of falls apart.

It still holds up quite well, even though it has that schlocky feel to it. The character drama actually felt more belivable and was done much better, as opposed to anything in HG.

>Absolutely love the second and is one of my favourite films ever made. Everything is perfect.
You have to be 18 in order to post on Sup Forums.

>watch first movie
>get disgusted with how it's made so we're supposed to cheer for Katniss to win just like the capitol people picking a favourite, while also telling us to be disgusted by the capitol people
>figure the second movie will have Katniss and Peeta working as mentors in the capitol, with a focus on how they must act to survive the politics when among a people who'd kill them if they actually tried to change things
>nope it's just another hunger games match where we're supposed to root for Katniss murdering everyone
>third movie finally delivers on some politics and war-tactics but it's babby's first tactics, with a country-bumpkin fresh from the mines being a chief war tactician
>fourth movie immediately returns to the hunger games part by having the whole capitol be rigged with traps like the games, with practically no capitol citizens showing up

Disappointing desu.

They're watching fucking Hunger Games, I imagine the biggest question of their life is whether Fast and Furious is better than 2 Fast 2 Furious

Yeah. 3.1 quite boring tho.

1st is "okay" but drags on a lot until you get to the hunger games.
2nd is probably the best of the series but I would only really classify it as a "good" movie.
3rd was a boring slogfest that was obviously just there to set up the 4th.
4th was fucking awful.

I hope Jennifer Lawrence stops getting work soon, she was only good in the 1st one.

Sam Claflin was the best part of the lot.
And there was no need for a Quadrilogy, a trilogy would have been fine.

To be fair, she wasn't even good in the first one.

JLaw was always mediocre in them.

Absolute shit

No I actually have good taste. These were shit

Nigga everyone knows F&F>2F2F

QUADS CONFIRM, PRAISE KEK!

2 is okay
1 and 4 are fucking awful
3 is so fucking long and boring and empty

Of course it would faggot DH1 was kino and had purpose

It's better than Battle Royal though

/thread

>Harry Pottery
>kino
Fucking pleb. Harry Potter is nothing more than a mere self-insert YA garbage that we'll get more and more, because it sells and it's going to plauge us like capeshit. How anyone considers them good or beyond that, is beyond my ability of understanding and will always remain a mystery to me.

It really isn't
Would you say it's one of the dullest franchises though?

It certainly is, since it has a generic setting filled with walking stereotypes and does nothing new, nor is it good in terms of execution or anything else. Rowling just got lucky new generation of kids loved them and got rich by plagiarising far superior writers. I won't post that pasta, nor do I intend to, but Harry Potter is nothing more than mere YA garbage that plauges the industry today, and will continue to do so for a good amount of years. Fuck Rowling, fuck Harry Potter and fuck YA novels in general.

Pleb most of them are kino watch more films

LOTR for girls

i.e. utter shit

Hahahahajaha what a fucking bookfag who can't even detect good cinema. Shocker I'm shocked. Go watch La La Land again.

>that archery form
>that fucking bow
>that fucking scene in the second one where she uses it like a kung fu gun jumping around and shit
Shit pissed me off.
But what really sucked is that you have this technology to create this giant complex where you control the environment down to the smallest details, but people (like chubby JLaw) are starving to death? How about you get rid of the dumb games where teenagers kill each other for no reason and just keep people sedated and docile with an abundance of doped up food, and use your advanced robots for the manual labour. It's a dumb story for dumb teenage girls, but everyone acts like it's this genius social commentary like they're fucking on the edge of modern political philosophy and cultural enlightenment. They're movie for dumb teenager girls to rub one out while imaging being some cool hero boys lust over, and dumb everyone else to rub one out while imaging they're not braindead.

Also anyone else notice that these novels that are pick up the massive female audience are written in the first person? "I did this" and "I did that". Obviously they are popular because it's easier for women to self-insert, but no one seems to comment on that.

Patrician taste

Not even that, it's just dull garbage.

(You)

I'd rather watch anything by Gosling, be it total garbage or not, then to watch series of films where the main character is worried more about with whom he's going to some dance, then to worry about the ever looming thread that is Voldemort and their final duel.

threat*

Wow you're retarded and socially retarded too huh

1 and 2 were okay
3 was boring as fuck
still haven't watched 4

all of them are besides GoF.

It's Twilight with less depth of character, I didn't even think that was possible at the time

DIDJAPURURNAMINDAGOBLEOFEUR!?

Oh, you must be one of those that find that segment of the film highly realistic and that it only goes with Harry's character, are you not, user? Sorry, but I have actual standards.

Did Twilight even have characters?

It had Randy Marsh

No the only part I liked was Jena Malone's character.
Everyone else sucked and I didn't care about the main characters.
It should have been about Jena Malone.

>muh yandere
Talk about garbage.

> t. I liked the dull main cast

Jena Malone brought a character who wasn't boring to this boring cast.
I wanted more of her than anyone else.

>implying I liked any of them
Guess again, faggot.

The camera cutting every 5 seconds in the first one was really jarring

No i cant stand the MC crying all the time. 2 films were too much for me to handle, and i know it gets worse.

I have only seen the first 2 and those were trash

lol They made 4 of that shit? I heard they made more maze runner movies too. YA is so fucking stupid. lol lol lol

They kill everyone. Everyone dies except for Katniss, Peeta, Gale ? (the Chad), and a random chick. Katniss' sister dies in a final trap by the baddies. Woody Harrelson gets to rule (I think) and Katniss is seen hunting with Peeta.

> Katniss' sister dies in a final trap by the baddies.
>by the baddies
>being too dense to get fucking Hunger Games

>>Being forced to go and watch the 4th movie without prior knowledge except from my ex who had begun reading the books
>>Caring that much as to analyze it.

>implying you'd need to watch any of the other movies to catch on to what happened in the fourth one
>implying you need to analyse something so obvious

>>Implying implications.

Literally no likable actors except woody

didn't see it, surprised so many of you did though

Gregor the Overlander is better desu

No. But i like the concept

Are you really? A board full of try hard 20 year olds who desperately want to fit in with modern trends despite being "le contrarian", and you're shocked these faggot retards loved a horrible syfy movie for tweens?

Just look at how these losers talk about Maze Runner like they're really cool and under the radar for it.
"Yo, maze runner was a good as FUARK desu desu fampalamas"

The black rebel leader becomes the new president in the end

i dropped it when they tried to make "you have to pretend to be in love with this boy" a major plot point.

Was it released already?

>Absolutely love the second and is one of my favourite films ever made.

EVER MADE
V
E
R

M
A
D
E

It's no Maze Runner but it's a solid series of films. It has an excellent supporting cast which makes up for Lawrence being so dreary.

This.

I enjoyed 2nd one, the rest was shit.

Why is she so talentless Sup Forums

She's just like us

The second was good. Everything else was boring

the games were the best part
everything else way shit
including the ending

Comfortably politically correct and safely gritty. The definition of bland and predictable.

The movies were so gritty and realistic.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHHHHHHHHHAHA

First was alright, second was a bit worse, but everybody loved it because DUDE IMAX, third and fourth were fucking rubbish.

The second one was garbage, like the rest of them.

Read the books and watched the movies.

They were all beyond awful.