Why did pop music become so degenerate around 2006?

Other urls found in this thread:

nydailynews.com/life-style/average-american-watches-5-hours-tv-day-article-1.1711954
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I don't know but it makes my pee pee hard.

jews

it needed to keep up with the rest of the industry

You could not have possibly picked a more bullshit example for pure, wholesome pop.

Britney was worse than any of the pop girls now, if you don't know it's because you weren't there or old enough.

If you think like this you are actually retarded

It just became as degenerate as it was headed to be, maybe bolstered by the growing popularity of hip-hop. Blacks have always worse than whites when it comes to displaying undignified sexuality.

*always been
I'm not Jewpilled about the music industry but there's no reason to get mad at the suggestion considering their role in television. I know of a Jewish intersection between music and TV in Sumner Redstone - the former head of MTV around the time of their change in direction from promoting music to promoting retardation. Apparently he's still CEO of Viacom.

I'm more saying that anyone who reduces culture to what's on TV does it because they have little frame of reference outside it, and therefore are stupid and should not be listened to

I'd say why, but then I would get banned by thin skinned mods.

Before Youtube, TV was basically the only link to culture the average person had. "What's on TV" was a huge part of culture for about 50 years give or take. It still is, according to statistics.
nydailynews.com/life-style/average-american-watches-5-hours-tv-day-article-1.1711954

pop music's been degenerate since Presley shook his hips on the Ed Sullivan Show. you don't know shit

It was a terrible time for music in general. At least The Black Parade, Stadium Arcadium, TDAG, and Decemberunderground made it suck less.

You're a fucking idiot. Madonna was writhing around on stage on NATIONAL TV in the 80s.

>At least The Black Parade, Stadium Arcadium, TDAG, and Decemberunderground made it suck less.

That doesn't even take into account anime...

I never entered a sam goodys so you can blame me for that

Pussycat dolls are actually good.

This was some fucking pedo shit in retrospect

Was Britney really worse than this?

she wanted to atract a wide audience

She was like 20.