Would a strike like that really be instantly fatal?

Would a strike like that really be instantly fatal?

No but it would hurt a lot and then kill you

Would boil your lungs and heart

you're a big guy

I wonder, do people actually feel anything from a lightsaber beyond the cutting and the burning? Does a lightsaber actually exert force/pushback against what it's hitting? Because with a real sword part of the pain is just how heavy the thing is.

It wasn't instant, he spoke to Obi-Wan after he killed Darth Maul.

No. Lightsabers are entirely weightless except for the hilt. This is why it was so difficult for non force users to wield them effectively until TFA retconned that.

>MOUSE AIDS IS FATAL TO MANCHILDS

No, didnt strike his heart, but he'd slowly die within an hour (which is what happened)

lightsabers are stupid in design because they seal cuts. strike to heart would been much logical death but that kind of injury would not kill him.

He probably drowned when his pierced heart flooded his pierced lungs.

THANKS DISNEY

Why he didn't disappeared like Obi-Wan? Also why we can see Darth Vader spirit after he dies, as if he had come near Obi-Wan?

>This is why it was so difficult for non force users to wield them effectively until TFA retconned that.

That's why Han almost killed himself using luke's lightsaber in ESB right? TFA retconned nothing you stupid faggot.

It went through his guts and spine. I imagine in the Star Wars universe you could fully recover if you had a Padawan to alert people. Lucas is a fucking idiot.

Yeah. It's a bit odd how heavy they seem to swing them in 7. I guess that could be seen as them having to do it like that due to their lack of force proficiency but even Kylo did it and he's atleast trained.

reread my post

>wield them EFFECTIVELY

Non force users can use them, they're just more likely to injure themselves than their opponent. Notice how Han wasn't fighting anyone with Luke's lightsaber? Learn to read fuckwit

>implying obi wan didn't troll-haunt vader offscreen for the entire duration of episode v

realistically, you are not gonna die instantly unless you get struck in the heart, the heat from the lazer will cauterize the entire wound, inside and out, so the worse you are gonna get is internal bleeding, blood clotting etc.
No insta kill

He wasn't pure like yoda and obiwan who maxed out their lightside karma thru their decisions. Quai gon wad a lose canon rogue jedi who did good and bad karma

He used it effectively enough to not hurt himself, neither did you specify it had to be a combat situation and in any case, Finn still gets blown the fuck out by that Riot Trooper.

Take your non-canon EU garbage and shove it up your ass.

Maybe not through a person but the lightsabers always seem to have some difficulty cutting through metal. Like when they try to cut through the door they have to pull hard and it takes them time.

I'm pretty sure "can cut through basically everything" is worth more than "makes you bleed"

If you get cut by a lightsaber there's a good chance you're being effortlessly dismembered; if you're stabbed by a lightsaber it means there's a gigantic hole with a huge radius of ultra hot damage around the center that will still put your body into shock and kill you

>they're just more likely to injure themselves than their opponent.
[citation needed]

Oh come on, holding a lightsaber and using it "effectively" are two different things. The use of a saber is combat, if it's not being used for combat it's hardly being used effectively is it?

Fucking TFA apologists.

It's a weapon that was designed for use in combat. Obviously that's what I meant by wielding it effectively because that's it's purpose. You're just splitting hairs because you got blown the fuck out.

>Finn still gets blown the fuck out by that Riot Trooper.

Right, you just proved my point. Finn, being a non force user got rekt while using a lightsaber because it's difficult for non force users to use it effectively in battle.

He's a troll pay hin no mind my Meme Apprentice

He only really swings it like that in the fight with Rey and Finn, and that probably boils down to his injuries.

I guess he did get fucking pounded by a bowcaster.

>This is why it was so difficult for non force users to wield them

that doesn't make any sense

Imagine using a weapon that can cut through anything and only the part closest to you has any weight, and barely any for that matter. You're very likely to injure yourself in the process if you try to do anything flashy with it. Swinging with speed, drawing back quickly, not letting it slip out of your grasp, deflecting blaster bolts; all of these things required a force sensitive wielder to use them. That's not to say that a non force sensitive couldn't use the weapon, just that they could never use it to its full potential.

I would guess they have some weight but are incredibly hot. Like a hot knife through butter. Like a lightsaber through flesh. But anything harder light steel etc it has to eat through.

This works with dragging the tip of the blade on the ground and shooting off sparks and not just cutting into it.

If it wasn't true, why wouldn't everyone being using a lightsaber?

>until TFA retconned that.

TFA didn't. George did.

I think I read about this. Isn't that black one not strictly a lightsaber?

Only if you aren't Maul

>Stupid in design
Is not really a weapon to kill, its main features are deflecting blasts and sever limbs withotu killing the opponent.

Vizla lost every lightsaber match he came into, that fight with kenobi ended up him calling in his men to kill him. With Maul, he was beheaded with his own sword

I remember Kenobi disarming Vizsla in like two moves and then him using blasters and other shit.

To be fair he never said Viz was good at it. Just that George created the first non sensitive force user to use it.

Say whatever but I like the darksaber, of course not its edgy color, but the shape, is nice

A strike like this would.

Don't worry, he'll be fine

Does someone have that pic of Sheev's hologram with him poledancing?

he is actually fine

he even got robot legs

Unfortunately. I think his resurrection is silly.

or, you know, general grievus

I think it's an old republic lightsaber that some mandalorian stole way back when.

Could have hit the heart or lungs, would kill you pretty quick.

I'd pay money to watch that pure kino

you are monumentally stupid my man

Didn't you see what a lightsaber stabbed into an armored door can do? His organs got pretty much cooked, it's a wonder he didn't burst like a ripe fruit from having his organs flash cooked while his blood instantly turned to steam.

I don't care if it was a retcon

Kylo swinging that thing around like it was a fucking claymore from Rob Roy was really visually interesting

Alright kid

quai gon was the first jedi to figure out ghost-vision talking, yoda talks about that with obi in one of those shitty prequel movies

You feel the absence of what it cut off

No but you'd bleed out in less than a minute

Don't forget both these characters are tired as shit at this point too, so even lifting their arms is probably tough for them.

This is absolute nonsense, when I was a kid we'd pretend to be Jedi with sticks and bamboo stalks and stuff and we weren't constantly misjudging how we swung the things cause they were light. You're a fucking moron.

Well it's straight through the heart.

But lightsabers instantly cauterise any wounds so there wouldn't be much bleeding.

I kinda liked the duel between Kylo and Finn, but with Rey i didn't like it, the choregraphy was too bad and i didn't feel anything during this part of the fight.

The best sequence of lightsaber action will forever remain Luke going ham on Vader in episode 6.

This is very similar to how Luke and Vader fought in 5 and 6 so anyone saying TFA retconned the "lightness" of lightsabres is a turbo-retard.

>my personal experiences outranks canon

>Spine and diaphragm

Asphyxiation and Shock. Could be enough.

Best guess is that Maul coats the hilt of his saber in a neuro-toxin, and so when he stabbed, the pressing of the metal hilt up against Qui Gon's wound delivered the poison.

I was unaware that Bamboo Sticks magically shifted all their weight to the part that you held.

which was why general grievous, a robot with a brain in it THAT SHOULD ONLY BE ACCUSTOMED TO USING 2 ARMS, was apparently a badass jedi killer who could beat basically every force user except Obi Wan

>implying the EU is good

>instantly fatal

But it isn't, he still gets to say a few words to Obi-wan after Darth Maul is killed before he dies.

This whole thing about non-force users being able to use a lightsaber. He is how I see it.

>That Mandalorian that Obi-Wan fought was probably a very skilled fighter, and could use a lightsaber. He never actually beat a Jedi in a straight fight.
>Han Solo used one as a glorified knife, so he wasn't twirling it around fighting with it.
>Finn is most likely another force user. Either way, he wasn't deflecting blaster bolts or doing anything fancy with it. Just swinging it like an idiot till he got fucked by Kylo.

I'm guessing there isn't any retcon. Regular people can use them(Like Han) but they would probably suffer an injury if they actually tried to use it in combat or get killed by a more skilled actual force sensitive user. Vizla is a warrior, probably since he was a child since that's how Mandalorians are. So him using a lightsaber effectively would make sense but then again he probably couldn't beat a Jedi without resorting to cheating or trickery but he could probably kill other warriors of his caliber.

Finn, well he was a stormtrooper. Who knows what kind of melee weapon combat he got with that, so he could probably swing it around no problem to get the upper hand on some Riot Trooper. He still got fucked pretty bad by Kylo.

I guess its more a thing of you can use it but you're not going to do much with it on combat against an actual force user.

He beat scrubs.
Literal whos that were already losing to normal droids.

Once he faced any actual skill he fled.

It's not canon though, it's something an autist declared on a Albanian Llama-rating website
No, but I don't see how a blade being weightless somehow makes you unable to work out how to wield it. This is just autistic nonsense you made up in your head.

>HAT SHOULD ONLY BE ACCUSTOMED TO USING 2 ARMS
Not canon, we don't know if Grievous original body had or not 2 arms.

Vizsla was disarmed by Obi in two moves
Brutally defeated by Maul and killed (even when he used other weapons like blasters, bombs and his jetpack)
And even defeated by a Padawan, Asohka

His race has two arms

An elegant weapon for a more civilized age.

It was a good friend to have on a high ground.

As far as we know the lightsaber's crystals are sentient beings that react to its user, Dark Siders can't use jedi lightsabers unless they make them "bleed" and turn red first (yeah, stupid as it sounds it's canon), so it's possible that being sentient beings non force users can't control them right during stressful situations like a combat.

He didnt make that up though.
A lightsaber is a jedi weapon, everyone calls it so.

It is unweildy for a regular person.

get an oxytorch and put it to your arm, see if if hurts

Nooooot canon

Disney canon is fucking retarded
>Muh sith make crystals bleed and helicopters
Who knows what the rules are anymore

None of that is true. The crystals react to the user when the saber is being constructed. The force user focuses on the crystal during some ritual, darksiders bend them to their will making them red.

It is though. Just like the tv shows are canon.

Show me images of him or the description from a canon book in where it says his race has to arms, the only stuff we have is pic related and the arms in there are robot arms like he has as a robot not the original arms

Please, show me a walking and moving kaleesh from the show

what a fucking retard you are

a sword isnt all that heavy

But Anakin used his saber on Mustafar and he was already pretty far into the Dark Side

>None of that is true. The crystals react to the user when the saber is being constructed.
Which is fucking stupid because it made far more sense when kyber wasn't literally the only material available, how the fuck does a crystal decide if it's green or blue anyway? Never explained, fuck you and fuck Disney

>you just proved my point. Finn, being a non force user got rekt while using a lightsaber because it's difficult for non force users to use it effectively in battle.
But wasn't your point that TFA retconned that?

>He thinks just because something is canon isn't going to be contradicted
Welcome to SW, first time?

>statues depicting the race but it doesnt count because my autism

Supposedly colors depend on your personality being blue: protector, intelligence and
compassionate

It's pointless for a human to use one because all your enemies will have blasters and just gun you down.
A jedi can use it because he has the force to help deflect the blasters.

It only counts during the actual construction of the sabers.

Nope but I haven't watched the cartoons yet. I'm used to the old EU where everything was more or less canon and inconsistencies were numerous. I thought Disney resetting the canon was supposed to fix mistakes like this

Those statues have robot arms and one of them robot arms and robot legs, are you dumb? you think that race borns with robot arms and robot legs? we don't know how he was before he decided to robot himself up

That's fucking gay, what happened to them having focuser crystals and shit?

Oh okay, that makes more sense

Resetting canon has nothing to do with fixing stuff, is just so they can come up with more bullshit without being hindered by previous stuff and sell a lot, it was a creative decision not a fixing one.

Do they look like the had extra limbs?
The statues had the stone limbs replaced, but there is nothing in there that tells us they had 6 limbs.

>That's fucking gay
Also stupid, Anakin's color has always been blue, Anakin! compassionate? intelligent? fuck this shit
>what happened to them having focuser crystals and shit?
Not canon anymore