There is a reason they woke up

>there is a reason they woke up
the reason chris pratt woke up is an asteroid hit the ship in the literal first minute of the film
the reason jlaw woke up is chris pratt was lonely
why the fuck did they try to hype up the reason they woke up as some big important mystery when it's not ever mysterious in the film?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Sn01kESmDvY
youtu.be/7BWWWQzTpNU?t=2m20s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Intentionally mislead the viewer with a false premise so they can actually see the movie. You do understand the purpose of a trailer don't you?

>record chris pratt saying "there is a reason we woke up early" specifically for the trailer just to trick people because they have no confidence that people will see the movie for its own merits

is this what sony is now?

That's literally the film industry, it has nothing to do with any specific studio. Trailers have their purpose which is to intentionally mislead with a false premise, that's it. Maybe trailers shouldn't exist at all so people can go see a movie with absolutely no knowledge of what it could be about.

Well, there is a reason they woke up. They didn't specify what kind of a reason. What do you want?

"a reason" implies singular
there are two different reasons why each of them woke up

Does this surprise you?

and both reasons were covered in the film, what's your point?

The promotional material is a literal lie in a much more cynical way than usual

Most movie trailers have the decency to not blatantly establish false pretenses

I can see your point, each and every trailer only used the basis of them waking up and never went beyond that. I guess the studio was confident that meme pratt and jennifer meme would be able to appeal to casual moviegoers and disregard any blatant misdirection on behalf of the executives.

You are just being a contrarian baitlord but I'll give you a (you).

This is just as if a trailer looks like a horror with the subtitle 'Something's out there' *spoopy spiky letters* and then it's just a harmless dog and nothing happens all movie. 'something' was out there but the trailer implies its something interesting or dangerous.

It completely misleads the viewer. It's false advertising.

>is this what sony is now?
name the last good sony movie

I saw the film with a couple of literal staceys behind me who wouldn't stop laughing at everything that happened (jlaw getting upset, sex, jlaw getting that metal thing stuck in her) so whatever they did must have caught the attention of normies

I was probably a little brash but the trailers themselves followed the same model even if this one was more misleading than usual.
I vividly remember Gone Girl trailers, showing Rosamund Pikes rotting corpse sinking into a riverbed, insinuating that she is dead. Seeing the movie obviously shows the opposite but could you say this is an acceptable form of a false premise? Where do you draw the line between deplorable false advertising for cheap profiteering and colluding a thought provoking yet unrevealing premise? I'm not defending the studio execs, they're mostly detached from reality and are probably undiagnosed schizophrenics but even for a movie like Passengers, you can't expect much at all that isn't insulting to the intelligence.

A movie trailer that creates a "hook" that doesn't actually exist in the film (ie "there's a reason they woke up") is when it goes too far
Besides that hook, the passengers trailer is fairly accurate besides one shot of a room full of people and another of the ship crew that's from the very last minute in the film

Leaving the fact that chris intentionally woke jennifer up out of the trailer was smart because it left something for the movie to reveal, but at the same time the trailer skips straight to when they meet and doesn't mention the first half hour where it's just chris on his own

For a billion dollar ship which had motherfucking virtual dance rooms, a fuckton of robots to do tedious shit and a mechanical bartender.

Why in the FUCK was there only 1 AutoDoc?? The thing that is actually fucking important and useful, why only have ONE. And even then, wasn't there spares of 'everything'. Why didn't Pratt just build a second one with his barely mentioned engineering powers.

watched this and it definitely wasnt as bad as people were saying. effects were good and it was interesting enough. shoddy plotting though but it was an ok movie. better than rogue one.

Why don't they just made cryopods that you can go back to sleep in?

Didnt they do the same thing Amazing Spiderman movies. I cant remember which one, but one of trailers made it seem like the story would revolve around this big mystery on who peters parents were, and there was even an implication that his parents might have intentionally made him spiderman.

But we all know the parents subplot was ultimately worthless to the plot of both movies and was replaced with muh teen romance

So from what I've seen JLaw gets woken up because Chris hadn't got his dick wet in a bit of time.

Is he meant to be likeable?

Wisezitsulkhso?

any good sex scenes? i really don't feel like watching this

marathoned the summary of this movie on wikipedia

it sounds booooooooooooooooooooooooooring as fuck

The Amazing Spider-Man was marketed with the tagline THE UNTOLD STORY BEGINS

In all fairness they did actually have a storyline about Peter's parents and stuff, but then most of that ended up in the cutting room and there were only handful of scenes in the movie about his parents. It had to do with his father mostly and how he was involved in the research.

But this is the moral dilema the movie is about. It's fairly wrong but also ambiguous to ruin someone's life by waking them up early just so Pratt didn't want to be alone.

It'd be boring as fuck if it was just about them chillen for 80 years

what did I think of it?

youtube.com/watch?v=Sn01kESmDvY

I likedthe first half, when pratt was alone, started getting boring when she woke up

>record chris pratt saying "there is a reason we woke up early" specifically for the trailer
youtu.be/7BWWWQzTpNU?t=2m20s
it's kinda obvious that it was wordmixed from a different phrases

such false advertising should be punishable by death desu

so, you really wanted them to spoil the fact that Pratt wakes JLaw? Don't think many people would like it.
Plus this wordmix thing is kinda usual in trailers

>Trailers have their purpose which is to intentionally mislead with a false premise
that's literally the opposite trailers are supposed to do. where trailers are misleading is in direction, effects, acting, writting, etc but the premise is the only thing a trailer should not lie

22 jump street

>They could have gotten a real qt and paid her a fair amount
>Instead they went with fucking Jlaw

Worth a hearty lel.

That's fucking retarded.
I'm lonely, let me wake up girl

Oh, how riveting! Such intense cinema!

Fuck this.

I think the problem is the two "stars" barely have any chemistry. Audiences can get behind bad movies when the actors are charming, but when there's nothing there, there's nothing to keep the audience interested

well, now you understand why they changed it in the trailer

It's a common practice.

Remember when the PREDATORS trailer digitally added a bunch of targets lasers to make it appear Adrien Brody was up a assload of Predators, while in the movie there was only one?

What actually happens in this movie? I watched until they woke up Jlaw and walked around but what is the climax? The actually point to the movie?

apparently in the first draft (and in the book?) the fact that he woke her up on purpose is revealed from the start so it should have been more a drama about the fact that the condemned her at living alone with him because he felt alone
but you know, that's hollywood we're talking about, and they crave for twists