So... I suppose you guys are going to tell me that you all noticed C3PO's leg was silver all along, too, eh?

So... I suppose you guys are going to tell me that you all noticed C3PO's leg was silver all along, too, eh?

I thought it was Lucas dicking about with the remaster, but apparently, no, C3PO has always had that silver leg?

Why are they changing reality Sup Forums? C3PO never had a silver leg, that's something I'd have noticed and never shut up about as a nerd kid. Yet there it is, in all the old promo stills and spin off material, apparently.

Other examples of Them subtlely altering film or TV characters and then pretending it had always been that way?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iyFijjikkeM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_changes_in_Star_Wars_re-releases
reddit.com/r/MandelaEffect/comments/3fvrzj/found_proof_that_it_was_called_berenstein_bears/?st=ixm0ezw1&sh=255d0807
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The silver reflects the gold most the time, so it's hard to spot and it's understandable to miss it

>youtube.com/watch?v=iyFijjikkeM

E.T Home Phone

>I SLURP MOUSE CAWK

Okay, what in the Hell?

That's exactly what I mean.

I guess.... but still, it's so obvious a character design quirk that I'm still reeling from having it pointed out today.

This is a classic case of the "Mandela Effect". I didn't know about it until yesterday and it blew my mind.

It's basically "I have a poor memory for innocuous details"

hardly warrants a thread

I hate to break this to you, but you're actually from the same universe as I am. C3PO's leg was always gold to us, but for some reason our universe has collided with another, and there are slight differences such as this.

I honestly never did. But I grew up in the VHS days.
And I'm pretty sure the 90s action figures didn't give him a silver leg.

Some of the newer merch does.

Fuck off with your mandela reddit meme bullshit. He always had a silver leg, it was always berenstein, etc. You fucks are just looking for something to blame your early onset alzheimers on

It's only pointed out because of his red arm in TFA.
Back on VHS it was hard to notice the silver, and most people don't remember that later DVD versions.

On the VHS I have (before the CGI changes) it looks gold, but it's hard to tell because silver reflects gold and it's not in HD.

>let's give him a red arm too

JJ Abrams is a fucking hack.

He went nuclear, a protocol deoid with no manners

I had this long playing record when I was a kid.

t.oldfuck

*berenstain
No, really

He did have a silver leg you fucking autists
According to wookiepedia- at the end of episode 3, C3PO was dipped in gold and had his memory erased. He then served as a translation droid along side the Organa family in the senate.

Some time between then and the events in episode 4, a bomb was placed in his leg. Events unfolded that allowed the safe removal of the leg, but as he was dipped in gold specially, no gold legs were around. And time (or hard times in the Organa family) never permitted him to dip the leg.

It feels that way. It's mad! He's always been solid gold. There was a silver version - and a silver version of the toy - for that throwaway joke encounter that later got hamfistedly recycled into JarJar's main catchphrase.

It's worse than that, though. It genuinely feels like someone has gone back through the endless archives of Star Wars stuff and subtly changed his leg.

I always did you guys are just idiots

You do know a few people went back through toke and altered time bit that's because it already happened and when time fell they couldn't fix it because it already happened?

Huh, so it is. Then again I guess nobody was specifically looking at his legs and it's kinda hard to spot anyway because depending on the lighting there is barely a difference anyway.

>it was always berenstein

I've got something to tell you...

Are you people trying to say you never noticed he said "home phone" at first before the kids corrected him?

Looking at behind the scenes A New Hope Lucas and Anthony Daniels C3PO stills, and C3PO clearly has 2 golden legs.

I think it was the HD cleanup/restoration that made the silver leg visible. In the old SD when it came out, it wasn't visible at all.

I've seen posters (online) with 2 golden legs and posters with a silver one. Maybe they digitaly remastred the posters too?

The vinyl soundtrack of the first SW has the silver leg, but the vinyl The Story of Star Wars record had 2 golden legs.

It WAS always Berenstein but we had to slip into your retarded timeline.

He was already gold in episode 3 though.

Oh... now... come ON.

This didn't happen. Only, it did happen, apparently?

It was spelled differently in some tv guides (remember the good old time of paper tv guides?), that's why people are remembering it like that.

tv guides can be retarded. They even spell Spiderman instead of Spider-Man sometimes (all the time now. Fuck this shit).

yes, but on another note i wish a hd version of the unedited original trilogy existed

I'll have to hook up my old vhs player and look at my old 80s Star Wars tapes.

Fuck you, I have to fish all that shit out of my basement because of your thread and my autism.

play the fucking lego star wars dlc and youll actually understand why. fucking hell do you even care about the canon extended universe

What was the point of this?

>le Gregor Mendel effect

Why is this a "thing"?
Do people realy think that somehow, Lucas altered every copy of the movie so that 3POs leg went from gold to silver?
It was always fucking silver.
Next you're gonna tell me Lando wasn't black when you first saw ESB?

Holy SHIT! You mean... it's possible that I... remembered something incorrectly?

That-that's not possible. Memory is perfect and can never be wrong.

robots don't age so it helps to show time has passed.

also it means they can sell "classic" c-3po figurines as well as "new" c-3po figurines

Why he's silver in Ep II?

Wait for the movie about it.

He did change a lot of shit in his movies over the years though. So did Speilbergo (remember the fucking guns turning into walkie-talkies in ET?).

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_changes_in_Star_Wars_re-releases

it just didn't show up well on vhs copies or low-quality tvs.

the real discrepancy is that he has a silver leg and foot in episode 4, but a silver leg and gold foot in episode 6

>mandela reddit meme bullshit
>it was always berenstein

You realize you're a stupid cunt right?

see
jesus christ

I've yet to see any evidence of the Mandela effect being anything but mass memory loss.
You don't see many shots of C3P0s legs and when you do the gold reflects onto the silver making it also look gold most of the time. He always had a silver leg tho it was to show that he was an old Droid who had had many repairs over time. In episode 4 we see a silver version of a protocol Droid in cloud city. It doesn't mean we are shifting into other time lines or that the reptilians are subtly changing completely tiny minor details of childhood pop culture

because he was unfinished when Anakin left him and was finished with spare parts by someone else. I would assume Owen, but then why wouldn't Owen recognise the same droid with the same name when he bought it off the Jawas?

Why wouldn't he have used it to talk to moisture farmers when he first came to the ranch with Shmi? The prequels are so stupid.

LEGO? Who do you think I am? Roon-Roon?

PUNISHED

"VENOM"

3PO

A DROID WITHOUT A MASTER

Yes I know. But come on, a silver leg?
>I'm not pleased with 3PO having two gold legs. I'll go and change EVERY FUCKING COPY that ever existed.
Realy?

The real question is will R2D2 and C3P0 make it to episode 9 or will they kill them off for a cheap emotional scene to make us hate some new bad guy

It's been made more apparent on purpose when they turned it into HD and cleaned it up.

Even the guy who did the photoshoots of Anthony Daniels didn't spot the silver leg until later, and was surprised that it was always there.

ok ok. youre going to love this then.

the level where you find out about the arm is called "the phantom limb".

Lsw7:tpl

it was worth the additional $20 ontop of $70 base game. i suggest you get it even just for that level

Mandela is a reddit meme.

see
It was always there, but Lucas wanted it to be seen more clearly in the re-release of the OT.

What game?

i said it right there, and right above u. lego star wars 7: the phantom limb (no joke)

C3-PO is just a model name very common model

great macro Sup Forumsro!! just like le good old days xDDD

Not him but you made me look it up and that's actually the fucking name of the DLC

>mfw Kojima has infiltrated the SW universe

The fuck is a berenstein. Sounds like a shit german bar.

said a wasnt joking

>well turn them into kaiser crystals and take them into battle

This. Mandela effect is retarded, how could someone be that dumb and ignorant of the world to think Mandela died and didnt become president of SA. The books clearly said berenstain bears and youd only think otherwise if youre a kike or watched the jewed out cartoon.

reddit.com/r/MandelaEffect/comments/3fvrzj/found_proof_that_it_was_called_berenstein_bears/?st=ixm0ezw1&sh=255d0807

JJ is a massive Kojima fan.

yes, there were tonnes of references in r1 to mgs as well as a lot of "creative" stuff being stolen straight out of other media

>proof
>it's a typo

Wow!

Faggot probably doesn't even know the lore of Metal Gear

What references to MGS in R1?

It was more inspired by Halo Reach
The stealth sniper scene falls exactly in the same place as the game.

sure

i know theres some but i really cant remember because i was focused on other stuff. one i can remember is how the protagonist chick was in a ship and made to look similar to quiet on a helicopter

Do you guys like rogue One?

No wonder both TFA and MGSV were garbage.

this makes lots of sense. I'm sure somewhere there is a real reason, but what you've said makes the most sense

post directly above you, yes i do. it could have been better but i understand they have to make a movie that appeals, not a "good" movie if you know what i mean. it also dragged on around the middle when theyre at the rebel base but theres not much else they could have done. end scene was shit, but i loved all the biomes they used. the cgi fell apart towards the end (i thought for sure it was alien costumes to begin with, perhaps they switched half way).

k2so4 was cool but a little over used. i like that he actually smashed the protagonist when she escaped and i like how the movie wasnt for the most part pushing agenda like tfa wad

It's the "proof" that people didn't pull that out of their asses.

Makes sense. Diamond Dogs are unbreakable, after all.

Diamond Dogs are a doggy dime a dozen.

Pikachu's tail isn't black at the end

it glows when he uses irontail tgough which is why people forget sometimes, cause its brlown at the base

a question for another time

C3PO never had a silver leg.

I had the toy when the movies were out and played with that shit all the time. I remember my brother and I used to remove the limbs too.

I would fucking KNOW if one of them was silver.

>mass memory loss
>mass
Nah, even if just one influential guy in his group of friends says it was berenstein, everyone he knows will go along with it not because they remembered it that way but because they want to fit in and also have the special snowflake appeal of saying they're from le alternate universe xD

the toy wasn't silver because they're cheap plastic crap.

>C3PO has a silver leg
>"E.T. home phone" instead of "E.T. phone home"
>"Interview with THE vampire" instead of "Interview with A vampire"

What the fuck is happening to my memories?

>Sup Forums - /x/

I remember the exact same thing. I swear I owned these toys and it would have stuck out with the power of a thousand suns if his leg was silver or even gray.

>Interview with THE vampire" instead of "Interview with A vampire"
Holy shit! It's true.

>I suppose you guys are going to tell me that you all noticed C3PO's leg was silver all along, too, eh?
I noticed this when i saw the movies as a wee user.

The real question is... Do you know about his antenna?

>People never noticed the one silver leg

Are you all colour-blind?

This. That gold is a vacuum sealed foil on the toy. A silver leg would mean a separate part in a separate mould.

are they going to explain the mgs arm in ep 8 or 9

People who didn't know about the silver leg aren't true Star Wars fans. You can try to explain your lack of knowledge away because of the "Mandela Effect," global amnesia, magic, or whatever else excuse you can come up with but the simple truth is that you had merely not noticed / forgotten.

I enjoyed it. The first half was very slow though.