That feel when people keep saying how bad cgi were in SW prequels but don't even realize how amazing practical effects...

That feel when people keep saying how bad cgi were in SW prequels but don't even realize how amazing practical effects were in SW prequels

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bXaDtAtpLPs
youtube.com/watch?v=dVcW11GoBD0
youtube.com/watch?v=xMB2sLwz0Do
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The podrace is my favourite sequence in the prequels, i dont give a fuck

It is really well directed. It's really effective when the music finally starts playing.

>how amazing practical effects were in Episode 1

Fixed your post

youtube.com/watch?v=bXaDtAtpLPs

they don't mean backgrounds or action scenes but aliens
In phantom menace Jabba looked off just like boss nassa and other things

Kamino, Geonosis, Utupau, Mustafar, Dex's diner

Other episodes also have great practicals

practical ayyliens looks amazing

True fart kino. BRAAP posters should take note

>That feel when you are not one of the CG ruined muh prequels fags and know that the real problem was the illumination.
You guys DO know that the pequels had way more miniatures and sets than the OT, right?

>I EAT MOUSE COCK

Honestly the only time I felt that the CGI was jarring in Episode 1 was the gungan battle, which looked like it was plastic fisher price toys fighting on the Windows XP wallpaper.

But there's a very distinct difference in overall "look" of Ep1 vs the other two. Ep2+3 were when they went full retard and made literally everything CGI. Hell, they didn't even have a single clone trooper costume made, with literally all of them being CGI. Even for close-up shots, which look jarring as fuck.

Ep1 is still a bad movie, but the CGI problem wasn't as bad in it.

>having practical effects makes them automatically amazing
lmao

>Disney shaming
>on a prequels thread
Well memed user! :-)

>originals
>have miniatures and sets, mostly having real actors in sets and miniatures in miniature sets
>prequels
>build miniature sets then have actors perform in front of greenscreen and superimpose them over the miniatures

That said the prequels do SOMETIMES have some really neat visual stuff but it's hampered down by the terrible terrible writing and performances. Revenge of the Sith came the closest to being a good movie.

Dex's diner was a real life scale set and it still felt like CGI.

>Hell, they didn't even have a single clone trooper costume made, with literally all of them being CGI.
We've already been over this.
It would've been impossible to do it any other way.
It worked for stormtroopers since they have the excuse to let people of different body sizes and types to play them.
At least they went through the effort to motion cap marines instead of people who don't know how soldiers act.
In all honestly, I never noticed the clones were CGI until I was told then noticed it when watching the bluray when a clone pointed a blaster at Bail.

Exactly this is part of the reason atoc was so bad
there was no reason for making the separatist cgi

>they didn't even have a single clone trooper costume made, with literally all of them being CGI. Even for close-up shots, which look jarring as fuck.
>Ep1 is still a bad movie, but the CGI problem wasn't as bad in it.
this a lot

>It would've been impossible to do it any other way.
Hahaha that's a fucking lie
Look at this scene

youtube.com/watch?v=dVcW11GoBD0

No reason for the clones in 0:48 and 2:29 to be cgi other than lazyness
People don't care about cgi battles
people care about cgi close ups

the podrace pilots were cgi and they lookd like shit so they diminish the miniatures greatness

The original trilogy had lots of photorealistic looking matte paintings as backgrounds. The background paintings are one of the factors that gave the original trilogy that look we all know and love in Star Wars. I remember similar technique still being used in early 90s Star Trek, and it looks badass.

looks like shit.

even Disney can make better CGI background now.

why is this so funny

thats because you're a retard

>looks like shit.
know so little.

the CGI in the prequles was so bad, that they had to apply a shit filter to the entire movie making practical sets look like shit CGI so that the good parts wont stand out sharply against the shit CGI

a practical effect without a story is a pretty boring thing.

You're an idiot

what a philistine

My condolences on your blindness

Shit writing ruined the prequels is this not common knowledge?

CGI Tarkin wasn't even necesary Tbh

youtube.com/watch?v=xMB2sLwz0Do