Is an executioner committing murder, Sup Forums?

Is an executioner committing murder, Sup Forums?

Beautiful state sanctioned murder.

A murder is an unlawful killing. If the execution is lawful, it isn't murder, and the executioner therefore isn't a murderer.

It's all semantics, really.

No, he is merely making the execution as painless and quick as possible, at command.

You realize that if the executioner didn't take on the role of such, the next person would step up to do the job, until the crowd just clubs the victim to death.

Yes. The people paying him are involved but there is a reason they pay him and they don't do the job themselves.

So if there is no law, does murder cease to be?

no he is just flipping the switch/pushing the button
like a cop/soldier pulling the trigger

Yes, I had an uncle that was a hangman. He was a very strange man and killed himself years ago.

My aunty says that the hangings fucked him up.

When you stand before God, you cannot say, "But I was told by others to do thus", or that virtue "was not convenient at the time". This will not suffice. Remember, howsoever you are played, or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone.

Religious or faithless, this is truth.

Did he not put the burlap bag over the head of the victim to hide his face the moment the noose comes tight after the trapdoor drops?

the executioner is merely executing a given directive.

It is treason to all that God created to let those who do not value his creation live.

It's not murder if you're not killing people

Essentially, at least by legal definitions.

Of course then it just devolved into arguing about the act of killing another human being as being moral or immoral though, which is dependent on social standards.

But if you as an executioner are given an order to execute someone who you know is innocent, you are consciously commiting a sin. "Just following an order" is not a sufficient excuse (my first post), you are just an extended arm of injustice.

It is murder and there is nothing wrong with legally sanctioned murder since being legally sanctioned, you get away with it, and that is the important thing

Are you implying that there is a force on the planet that can make him do something against his will?

There isn't.

What if you kill someone in self defense? And it was quote-on-quote justified, and you had to protect your wife and children, which is a mans duty, is it not

Not only this:
But we're not talking about "but what if he's innocent."

That's just a leftist red herring to justify letting true monsters remain a threat to free peoples.

Well, not in a legal sense.
But executioners were always shunned by their communities and even talking to them could tarnish the reputation of a respected person.

So, hitler didn't exactly "murder" anyone then, did he?
>German
OF FUCKING COURSE.

Under-appreciated post.

>german reads this
>hangs himself in street after giving his wife and daughter to a syrian refugee camp to make up for his sins

not sure if jesting

I did not state killing in general is wrong.
In those circumstances you specified I would definitely without hesitation end the attacker's life and I would confidently look straight in the God's eyes with certitude in my heart that I have not done anything wrong

I'm not jesting.
A man has the ability to refuse a task if it is truly repudiating for him.
If he's not willing to face the consequences, then it's apparently not that much against his values.