New Muse Song

Thought Contagion

streamable.com/vd7e5

this is pretty decent

yeeeeeeeeeeah synthwave purple LIGHTNINGS purple MIST purple BRIGHT NEON LIGHTS fucking digital striky LOGOS with pink HANDWRITING UNDERNEATH motherfucking TRIANGLES and NEON and shit..................................... yeah the 80's were so COOL and RAD man don't you get it? the 80's?????? best decade in music PERIOD when everything was so RADICAL and COOL and PRUPLE and PINK AND NEON and everyone was like DUUUUUDE THAT IS SO RADICAL and you're like RIGHT ON MAN as you hop into your delorean and ride off into the far distant sun and there's like palms surrounding you and lightnings and cyborgs and shit and you're like dude it's the motherfucking 80's yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

nice

This to be honest

>It's too late for a revolution
>Brace for the final solution
What did he mean by this?

how is this decent? matt sounds annoying, lyrics are shit, verses have fucking trap beat, chorus is basically millenials woahs and the instrumentation is completly bland.

and what does this song have to do with 80s anyways?

i dont know man that's just the single artwork style they're going for

by decent i mean its not fucking dig down

honestly it would have been better if it was a retrowave song or like some kavinskiy type shit.

This is basically

>we want the imagine dragons audience

he is crashing this band with no survivors

He's a pretty big guy

i was pointing that the song doesnt fit 80s aesthetic

holy shit this is awful
the intro sounded promising but then he stared singing
and that awful trap beat on top of that lmao

I dunno, dig down is great live.

that might just be the compression, those sound like just high hats desu to me

yeah i agree, the sound doesn't match that at all
muse are one of the best live shows in the world, just been blue balled since 2009 for good music

>song has a snare drum
oh no it's a trap beat

what went wrong?

Boring, meandering, undynamic.
This could be a Foo Fighters song.
Did they just completely forget how to write anything even mildly interesting?

They stopped doing shrooms and got into politics

imagine dragons ruined mainstream rock.

sounds like imagine dragons with hints of coldplay with the OHHHAHOOOHHHS

fpbp

>Imagine Dragons
>Rock
Yikes.

or like imagine dragons, fall out boy and coldplay made a song togheter

i'm putting money on this is muse's new sound
pour one out for pre resistance muse

lol you dumb fuck dont even know what you are talking about.

Foo fighters are rock purists and you get the same package every album. 90's post grunge and 70's style arena rock.

This song is more like their attempt to fuse muse with imagine dragons

A lot of the time I think the phrase "sell-out" is used flippantly. Not here. They sold out.

I thought the Resistance was actually pretty good. It's unbelievable how bad they shit the bed with The 2nd Law and Drones though.

The resistance was good, however it was the album that's the line in the sand between "new" and "old" muse. fuck, they had songs written specifically for twilight, yet Exogenesis came out of the same era.
t2l had some decent tracks on it as did drones, but as a whole, they suck. waiting 3 years for only 2 or 3 good songs when they used to put out great albums just hurts.

>see single cover art
>expect some kinda 80's synthwave throwback
>get imagine dragons
what the actual fuck every time I hear a new Muse single I think "wow they can't get any worse than this" and then a new single comes out that's worse. But I'll still give the album a listen when it comes out on the sliver of a hope there is one good old muse track on it.

Muse was my favorite band in my teenage years. I decided to listen to their whole catalog again recently and I can’t get over how grating Matt’s voice was on those first two albums.