As a change of pace, can we talk about a GOOD superhero movie for once?

As a change of pace, can we talk about a GOOD superhero movie for once?

Just saw Deadpool and I gotta say, Pretty good.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/deadpool/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's reddit: the movie.
/thread

FPBP

Do you fine gents have any actual reasons why you don't like Deadpool?

More to the point, have you actually seen it?

Saw it in theaters. Biggest mistake of my life paying to watch 90 minutes of 9gag tier humor and quips. I blame myself.

The writing was horrible. RR did a great job, as always, but he can do only so much.

>going to see Deadpool
>not expecting quips

1. deadpool is not a superhero
2. it has an incredibly thin story that's masked by lol so randumb xD humor

Pretty good if you're a pleb or 14 years old

I don't usually watch superhero movies, haven't seen one since dark knight, I didn't know how bad they had gotten

>writing was horrible
Have you ever read a Deadpool comicbook? The movie is actually as good as it gets, it not better.

Deadpool IS the 9gag of mutants. Even quippy Spider-Man is no match.

Well, he is "The Merc with a Mouth."

Dark Knight was not a super hero movie.
Nolan's Batman wasn't super, or even much of a hero, other than the finale of Begins.

all your saying with this is that deadpool comics are also horribly written

>hey gais this stale shit is DELICIOUS

shit eater

Good for comics is bad for video games

What part of the Deadpool movie was horribly written?
Who goes to a Deadpool movie not expecting quips?

What was so thin about the story? It addressed everything that needed to be addressed and stayed true to the character's roots.

That's more than most people can say about adaptations these days.

It's a nice change of pace from forced Kino memes and green screen threads at least.

>Who goes to a Deadpool movie not expecting quips?
People who saw gags (Sinead! and butt jokes) on the posters, trailers, and TV spots and still expecting Hamlet.

So idiots.

>Do you fine gents have any actual reasons why you don't like Deadpool?
The plot is not particularly interesting, the characters are basically caricatures of human beings that are not particularly relatable (or likable, really). The "humor" is just lazy. More than half the script is just an incoherent series of jokes. It's mainly
>Hey I'm a superhero, but not like the others! I make jokes and take nothing seriously!
>Hey, I'm aware I'm in a movie! Imagine that!
>I wear a kid's watch! So random haha!

The jokes are often so forced that it just gets annoying. At some point I just wanted them to bring the fucking story on, but nope, it was yet another scene with a chain of jokes, it's brutal. It's not enough to just have a few funny lines and hope somebody laughs eventually. You need to go a little deeper to get the good jokes, it takes a good build-up. That movie on the other hand just overuses the three aspects above so much that it's just tiresome as hell. It's just that stupid explicit (in the sense of the opposite of implicit) that only 14 year olds can appreciate.

garbage

>Who goes to a Deadpool movie
manchildren

>Hey I'm a superhero, but not like the others! I make jokes and take nothing seriously!
Deadpool never claimed to be a superhero, at all, throughout the movie.
>Hey, I'm aware I'm in a movie! Imagine that!
You do know that Deadpool breaking the 4th wall has been a thing for years, right?
>I wear a kid's watch! So random haha!
At best, it was a visual gag that only happens for a moment during the film.

Everything else just sounds like you went into a Deadpool movie expecting Shakespeare when it was designed to deliver as much quirky meta-humor that it could get away with w/ an R-rating.

I mean, you're welcome to your opinion but you can't go to something like Deadpool and get mad when the movie gives you Deadpool.

Whew, hot opinions there chief. Did you hear that one from a friend of a friend or is that OC?

>Sup Forums neck beards hate it because it reminds them Sup Forums was always shit and they were never funny
>Reddit hates it because it's Reddit and they want to fit in
>DCucks hate it because it's another Marvel slam dunk
>True capeconisseurs just enjoy that it even got made, and actually stayed true to the character

lmao get a life fucking retard

Okay, I made a spelling mistake so I deleted my post to fix it. What's the problem here?

deadpool is fucking cringe

and its fanbase is equally cringey

>movie claims to point out capeshit cliches
>nearly every beat of the movie is a capeshit cliche

reddit.com/r/deadpool/

Okay, why are you inviting me to your home?

>movie claims to point out capeshit cliches
Where'd it say that?

dude, just kill yourself. just end it, now

>Deadpool never claimed to be a superhero, at all, throughout the movie.
He's some guy with superpowers fighting bad guys. What do I care what he calls himself. The contradiction between typical superhero and deadpool is used heavily throughout the whole movie.

>You do know that Deadpool breaking the 4th wall has been a thing for years, right?
So what?

>At best, it was a visual gag that only happens for a moment during the film.
There were more jokes like that throughout the movie.

>Everything else just sounds like you went into a Deadpool movie expecting Shakespeare when it was designed to deliver as much quirky meta-humor that it could get away with w/ an R-rating.
I don't care what it was supposed to be, it was not enjoyable, period. It was shitty, tiresome humor that got old after ten minutes. "It was supposed to be shit!" is not exactly making it any better.

ANNNNDDDD...

Deadpool does that all the time in comicbooks. There was even a "Deadpool-like" character that pestered Bruce Wayne and Clark Kent in a cruise ship in a DC comicbook. Cliches and 4th wall breaks galore.

i call it the borderlands 2 effect.

Something has a lot of good pieces that could be brought together into a good product but instead the voracious shittiness of its writing and humor singlehandedly brought the entire thing down past shit.

I'm just asking simple questions here? I mean, why else would you have a specific reddit link if you've never been there long enough to find it?

hes a "faggot with a film"

Do you seriously think the shitty comics somehow being established among fans makes the movie any less shit? If you make a shitty movie, it's shit, I don't read it up in the comics to make sure it's supposed to be shitty or not.

I figured there'd be a deadpool sub, since he's reddit incarnate. I guess that level of deduction is inconceivable to capekids?

People wanted Deadpool and they did a fine job delivering Deadpool. So you don't like Deadpool, why not frig off about it.

>Dude I saw spiderman
>He's always swinging around all dumb and making jokes
>Why is in a spidery looking superhero suit? lmoa
>What was with all those anti semitic rants and why was the soundtrack all Johnny Rebel?

Deadpool will actually agree with you!
(then he'll probably pants you, tie you up and gag you, then steal your wallet)

>What do I care what he calls himself.
So you're basically assuming that because he has superpowers and fights bad people, that makes him a superhero?
>So what?
So, that's kinda his thing. If they made a Deadpool movie where he didn't break the 4th wall, it'd miss an important part of what makes him Deadpool.
>There were more jokes like that throughout the movie.
Which were all mostly visual gags that only took a moment to resolve.
>Wah Wah Wah muh muh taste
Let me ask you something, what were you expecting to get out of a Deadpool movie? What made you watch it in the first place?

Because it delivered Deadpool, it did so phenomenally, yet because you don't like the character...it means that it didn't do a good job?

Doesn't make much sense there chief.

Thing is, why would you bother going onto a website you apparently hate just to get one over on some anonymous faggot who you'll probably never talk to outside of this thread?

Isn't that like wiping shit on your hands just to make a shitty joke about my mother? You're still covered in shit and it wasn't even that good a joke in the first place.

I think you're confusing your personal opinion for that of fact m'boy.

Just because you don't like Deadpool doesn't necessarily mean that it's a bad movie.

And yet you saw the cringey posters, trailers, and TV spots ... and still went to see the movie. Deadpool thanks you for your money.

Screaming bloody murder only gives Wade a bigger boner.

You got 'pooled!!! ... big time!!!

>type reddit.com/r/deadpool
>see that it exists with over 40,000 subscribers
>ctrl+c ctrl+v here
>Isn't that like wiping shit on your hands just to make a shitty joke about my mother
no

It kinda is mate. You sullied yourself just to get one over on me when I quite frankly don't care.

Go on to reddit, who knows, you cared enough to look for it...maybe you'll end up enjoying it.

>You sullied yourself
lel

>I quite frankly don't care.
that doesn't show

>true capeconnosseurs
>enjoys a flick thats literally just full of fart and poop jokes
Kill yourself kid

It's my opinion, I only saw the movie, for me this movie == Deadpool. There's nothing about Deadpool beyond this movie that I could possibly dislike. I saw, didn't like it, that's it.

>So you're basically assuming that because he has superpowers and fights bad people, that makes him a superhero?
I'm not sure what your point is, it's completely irrelevant.

>So, that's kinda his thing. If they made a Deadpool movie where he didn't break the 4th wall, it'd miss an important part of what makes him Deadpool.
Again I don't care what this movie supposed to deliver, if I don't like it, I don't like it.

>Which were all mostly visual gags that only took a moment to resolve.
No idea what your point is again.

>Let me ask you something, what were you expecting to get out of a Deadpool movie? What made you watch it in the first place?
Why does it matter? Do we have to normalize our opinion over what we expected or what? I expected a shitty movie and it was shit, so it's okay again? I didn't expect a masterpiece, but at least a decent, entertaining movie. It wasn't anything like that, it was absolutely annoying. I didn't like it, deal with it. If you can only deal with approval, then fuck off to reddit and cast your downvotes for all I care.

Sure, I paid for it.

Do I look like I care?

>All these people expecting intelligent comedy from Deadpool
>to not to be cringey and not be full of gags and butt jokes
Barnum and Bailey made a lot of money from idiots like these.

More like we like films because we go in expecting films, not euphoria.

you're still replying trying to defend yourself and this shit flick so yes, a lot

>DCucks hate it
They actually don't. Because
1) it's Fox
2) it's true to the books, and if Deadpool works out well -- so will Harley. and Wild Dog on TV. (now if they can only make Dog Welder work)

>I'm not sure what your point is, it's completely irrelevant.
Answer the question sweetie.
>if I don't like it, I don't like it.
K, that's just your opinion man.
>No idea what your point is again.
I'm in the same boat pally, b/c I have no idea what your point is in all this.
>I don't like it, so that means it's a bad movie
Again, that's just your opinion man. Doesn't make it a bad movie or anything, it just means that it didn't meet your standards.

So b/c I said something that you don't agree w/ then that means that I should go to reddit?

You know who else gets butthurt from dissenting opinions? Redditors.

So I dunno, maybe you'll find a nice sub-reddit and meet enlightened individuals such as yourself w/ the tools to silence people if they get too uppity.

Does that sound fun?

>Answer the question sweetie.
Are you trying to act tough? Kek

>K, that's just your opinion man.
Finally, that sure took you a long time.

>Sure, I paid for it.
Unless you found it on the street, you still paid for internet connection to download it. And that wasted your time, too. Wade's getting bigger!

Oh no! And I am also paying for the internet connection to discuss this shit flick right now, right? I should immediately abandon this thread!

Real eye opener my m8, real eye opener. I thank you!

>Are you trying to act tough? Kek
Did I strike a nerve?
Finally, that sure took you a long time.
Just for the record, just because you don't like a thing doesn't necessarily make it bad.

lmao triggered faggot. why do you care so much about memepool?

No prob m8. Cheers!

I'm just saying man, a website where you can thumbs-down any dissenting opinion sounds like the perfect place for someone who cannot accept disagreements.

You already got the link.

nothing happened
they spent way too long dragging out the highway scene and his origin then he just goes and kills ajax and thats pretty much the whole movie

Michael Bay should of directed it, it need practical effects

just saying

>a website where you can thumbs-down any dissenting opinion sounds like the perfect place for someone who cannot accept disagreements.
like you? You asked my opinion, i said it, and you got your autism all triggered on me. Read the thread friendo

>dragging out the highway scene
Classic 'pool!

He has comicbooks where he does nothing for almost 3 pages (basically, copy-pasted panels of him where the background changes).

You type like a filthy redditor
Go whence you came

Obviously stuff happened, it's just that you weren't paying close enough attention I guess.

>Micheal Bay
>Practical effects
You're funny

>like you? You asked my opinion, i said it, and you got your autism all triggered on me. Read the thread friendo
Hah, you think that just because I disagree you think I'm "triggered," oh that rich. First day on the internet kiddo?

Does

This

Trigger

You?

this is embarrasing. why are deadpool fans so autistic

The scene from the last Transformers film where you can see the film crew on the rooftop is certainly Deadpool-worthy and Deadpool-level of cringe.

bad boys 2 brah

I now what you mean tho

but deadpool had too much crappy CGI

These fucking threads are why I never become aware of movies and television I may like. This applies to everyone on the board. Can you tell who's trolling who? Full circle autism in an eternal cycle.

T4 was trash yes I agree

It certainly is embarrassing, you'd think you'd stop but I guess you're a glutton for punishment.

I mean, you show up to a thread you don't like to engage in a dialogue w/ people you don't like, just to feel intellectually superior while posting on a mongolian knitting forum?

Of course y'know where you can find people who share your vision? reddit :D

maybe you should lurk more

So does every multi-million dollar capeshit film nowadays.

Seriously, point to one superhero movie that doesn't use CGI that came out in 2016, I'll wait.

i'm pretty sure i'm being baited at this point, there's no way you're sincerely this retarded. also you type like a fag

see

Oh honey, butter bear, c'mere...it took you this long to figure it out?

Welp, I'm off to take a nap. I'll see you in about 2-3 hours assuming the thread's still up by then I doubt it.

go wait outside

@78092564
(you)

>Oh honey, butter bear, c'mere

no u

But Sup Forums talks about Civil War all the time. Problem is everyone just wants to be in a contrarian hugbox.

I saw it in theatres and all I could do was mutter under my breath "this is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes."

Hi I'm back. Glad to see the thread is still alive.

Sounds like you hang out on the internet too much.

Capeshit is trash

So's your opinion.

>But Sup Forums talks about Civil War all the time.
Only because it gets brought up every single time a DCuck feels threatened by facts.

see