James Bond

How do people take this shit seriously/find it entertaining? Is it meant as a parody?

Goldfinger features a Korean man named Oddjob who throws his fucking hat at people

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgi_Markov#Assassination
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It was the 60's, it was the Cold War. The CIA killed a guy with a Cigar, the KGB killed a guy with a Umbrella. you had to be there.

Which movie?

Its not an intelligent thriller if thats what you were hoping for

>he thinks it was in a movie

>How do people take this shit seriously/find it entertaining?
they find it entertaining by not taking it seriously and enjoying it for what it is, male power fantasy combined with escapist adventure fare.

The need for seriousness and hatred of anything campy is a sign of autism

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgi_Markov#Assassination

Brush up on your earthlore nerd

a movie called REALITY

Well I have aspergers. But which Bond movie is the most fun?

James Bond is a campy adventure series like Tarzan. I enjoy this series more than most humorless spy thrillers.

Not as good as Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, but it's entertaining.

there are a lot of goofy elements to the bond stories but a lot of the "schemes" that villains run were based on real things that happened, or ideas that intel people had in their playbooks during WWII. They were written by an ex-British intelligence officer.

my personal favorite is The Spy Who Loved Me

To be fair there were actual plans for KGB agents wearing ties that could became swords, dropped because agents tended to hurt themselves wearing them while sitting. It was another time.

The KGB developed a small gun the size of a lipstick tube that was meant to be concealed rectally, and was fired by twisting the base a quarter turn. A quarter turn away from literally firing a gun inside your own ass.

Forgot pic

>youngfag sees Austin Powers before Bond movies
>complains about what he sees in Bond movies
Its your own goddamn fault, op.

>The pellet measured 1.70 mm (0.07 in) in diameter and was composed of 90% platinum and 10% iridium. It had two holes with diameters of 0.35 mm (0.01 in) drilled through it, producing an X-shaped cavity. Further examination by experts from Robert Gergi and Porton Down showed that the pellet contained traces of toxic ricin. A sugary substance coated the tiny holes creating a bubble which trapped the ricin inside the cavities. The specially crafted coating was designed to melt at 37 °C (the human body temperature). As the pellet was shot into Markov, the coating melted and the ricin was free to be absorbed into the bloodstream and kill him.

Huh. I've known about this for so long, but I never knew it was that sophisticated. I thought the dude had just been shot by basically a bb-gun pellet coated in Ricin.

I read the Goldfinger book AMA

>Korean man named Oddjob who throws his fucking hat at people
If you can't love this you have no reason to watch films at all. Try jogging or reading engineering textbooks instead.

British people are notoriously stupid and gay.

They have always lapped shit like this up.

EXTRA! EXTRA!
NEWS OF THE CENTURY!
BRITS ARE QUEER!

That's the quirk and charm that the series has. Mostly missing from the brosnan era onwards, showed a bit more in the most recent one

sup lads

what is a good streaming site to watch the Avengers with Patrick McNee and Diana Rigg plz? (preferably the black & white ones)

everytime i search i only find capeshit...

thought i'd ask here

Fuck off with your capeshit, watch BvS or something normal