"I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you."

>"I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you."

But he straight up killed Ra's? Wtf.

fukn lol why is the mouth area so squished>?

bvs bats > nolan bats

Couldn't he apply the EXACT same logic to The Joker? Begins was my favorite Nolan Batman movie, but him killing Ra's and that little quip was the most retarded thing in the entire trilogy.

Then Joker would win in both of their minds. it's kind of a weird game they're playing that they both want to win

Batman was more reckless in Begins since he was just starting out in his crusade

Ras killed himself with his dumb-as-fuck shithead plan.

But he didn't. He let Ra's figure his own shitty situation out.

Bruce literally did nothing wrong by not saving him. It was Ra's fault the train was hurtling towards Wayne tower in the first place. If he didn't try to kill everyone then he wouldn't even be in that train. Bruce didn't put him in the train and he wasn't about to take him out of it either.

That and Batman's no killing rule is dumb as fuck anyway. He's too weak to do what's right and he wastes his time NOT killing super criminals every time he goes out and puts them in jail, only to have them escape again and kill a dozen more innocent people. No this does not make him an interesting character, it makes him a faggot. Prove me wrong. Pro tip fuck you you can't

Hurrr who care at least he doesn't kill like Batfleck. Batfleck not my Batman durrr

I kinda hate that Nolan Bats doesn't have any memorable lines. "Swear to me" was cool, but that's pretty much it.

>WHERE'S THE TRIGGER?
>OP's post
>WHERE'S HARVEY?
>Tell me where the trigger is. Then, you have my permission to die.
>IM NOT WEARING HOCKEY PADS

>That and Batman's no killing rule is dumb as fuck anyway.
The character walks a thin line between good and bad. He's already a criminal, and the only redeeming aspect of his criminal activities is that he stops other baddies and lets them stand a fair trial.
If he killed, then he's just another criminal, and his whole crusade is worthless. Nerds and philosophy dorks eat that shit up because it's fun to discuss that sort of warped mindest

He destroyed the brakes so Ra's couldn't stop the train to save him self then fights him so he deosn't have time to find another way out.
>It's what you dooooo that defines you

He killed a shitload of dudes in TDKR

What a fucking autist, I bet he wouldn't touch the lever on principle

>>It's what you dooooo that defines you
Rachel said that one and Bruce copied her like a fucking hack

>destroyed the brakes
>told Gordon to use his Batmobile to collapse the tracks

"I-i didn't kill him, y-your honor... I-i just didn't save h-him!"

Ok, I mean GOOD lines.

Yes, the writing of this scene was shit. Batman saves people, he doesn't just spare people's lives.

>From this height the fall wouldn't kill me
>I'm counting on it

IM NOT WEARIN UNDERPANTS

>It's not who I am underneath, but what I do, that defines me.

It makes even less sense there because he has been Batman for ages and has been putting villains in Arkham instead of killing them then suddenly just starts killing tons of people, then when Superman dies he goes right back to not killing anyone?

>when you realize nolan's batman was only batman to get laid

>it's Gotham's fault for being corrupt
>Bruce leaves the shithole

Yeah, no.

He's already just another criminal. Kidnapping people, torturing them and beating the shit out of them doesn't make legally or morally justifiable just because they're bad guys. The "difference" between doing those things and just outright killing them is completely arbitrary.

His no killing rule has been explored in various ways by different authors. Sometimes he doesn't kill because he thinks killing is wrong and he walks a very black-and-white existence (Batman good, killing bad).

Sometimes he doesn't kill because he knows that if he gave into his vengeance (ostensibly the only reason he is Batman) even one time, he would never be able to stop, and would eventually kill everyone who got in his way.

Sometimes he doesn't kill because he knows that he is a symbol as Batman, and as a symbol he has to have a certain set of principles.

Sometimes he doesn't kill because he knows that he's the one in control at all times. It's like Superman. Superman could kill pretty much any one of his villains (w-why hasn't Superman just dropped Lex Luthor from space???) but he doesn't because to him, they're like children. He has the responsibility to be the adult in the room and restrain himself, or else he'd be just as bad.

However, the most important, and interesting in my opinion, subtext is that Batman is just as insane as his villains. He's obsessive, psychotic, suffering from PTSD. He dresses up in a batsuit and fights crime. The best Batman characters are all warped versions of certain elements of him--The Joker is chaos to his law and order, The Riddler is obsessed with mysteries, The Scarecrow brands himself the master of fear, Two Face is split between two personalities (like Batman and Bruce Wayne). I think Batman needs to leave his villains alive and hope that treatment helps them because deep down he sees himself in each of them, and hopes he can be fixed.

That was Rachel's.

>No. I came here to stop you.

throat cancer balelet vs. big guy batfleck

who wins

Batman is asexual so not surprising. Nolan batman was also the only batman to be enfatuated with a woman (flawed rachel dawes character)

He can get laid but the only reason he would is to maintaon that playboy reputation for bruce wayne

"YOU'LL BE IN A PADDED SHELL FOREVER"

see this post and also like I wrote in my last post about his only redeeming factor of stopping other baddies. The man feels that going to the most extreme without murder in order to instill fear in criminals so that they stop shitting up the place, is the best possible way to curb crime in Gotham. Plus with the symbol aspect to take into account, he is a symbol that is above the law and moral judgement.

CELL not SHELL

fuckSAKE why did you remind me of that

fucking shit writing

Did Steven Seagal direct this scene?

I wrote it 'Shell' to approximate the sibilance of Bale's Batvoice.

> nice coat
> I'm batman
> then your gunna love me

Obviously the GPD don't send criminals to serve sentences in padded shells.

RA killed himself by killing the driver/destroying the machine. he could have stopped the dumb train.

Does Aquaman?

Batfleck was fucking Russian ballerinas in BvS.

I love the batman/jocker interrogation lines.

So was Bale's Batman

>Batfleck was fucking Russian ballerinas in BvS.
That was Batbale in TDK

>"I guess we are both suckers" *kiss*

>"You should use your full name. I like that name.... Robin."

>whole plane scene from CIA pose to finish

>(about Maggie Gyllenhaal) "Well hello, beautiful!"

>I overfed these men!?

And Batfleck in BvS. There's a scene in which he wakes up next to a grill.

>18 year old with no life experience solves age old moral quandry in one EPIC post

>for you

Five star post my nigga

niceeee

Bruce destroyed the bridge though

[meeting someone introduced as Ra's al Ghul]
Bruce Wayne: You're not Ra's al Ghul. I watched him die.
Henri Ducard: [from behind Bruce Wayne] But is Ra's al Ghul immortal?
[Bruce turns around to face Ducard]
Henri Ducard: Are his methods supernatural?
Bruce Wayne: [to Ducard] Or cheap parlor tricks to conceal your true identity, "Ra's"?
Henri Ducard: Surely, a man who spends his nights scrambling over the rooftops of Gotham wouldn't begrudge me dual identities?
>Bruce Wayne: I saved your life.
>Henri Ducard: I warned you about compassion, Bruce.

>Look at that poor little guy, he's all tuckered out

Michael Keaton got laid in both of his movies. So did Kilmer, and Probably Clooney too. And DEFINITELY Adam West.

>Nolan's Batman only BM to get laid
>Batman 1989

QUE???

Why has there never been a Batman film by a filmmaker who actually loves the character? Like an actual Batman fan making the ultimate Batman film. Where is the Batman equivalent of Peter Jackson making LOTR or King Kong?

>Burton was more interested in the villains and making them like his other twisted Beetlejuice/Edward Scissorhands characters - he admitted with great pride that he has never even opened a comic book
>Schumacher was just a director-for-hire who filled the movies with his gay stuff
>Nolan saw Batman as just a big budget vehicle to raise his status in the industry so he could get the money to make original stuff like Interstellar, Inception and Dunkirk - this is very evident in TDK already and TDKR is so fucking insulting that I'm still butthurt about it
>BvS doesn't count as a real Batman film

Batfleck might write and direct his solo Batman film so who knows. I still doubt he's someone who's been a Batfreak since he was 3 years old.

HELL YEAH

The difference those Batmen were Batmen who happened to get laid, Baleman's motivation for being Batman was getting laid. "Get Rachel to go out with me so I can stop" is the mission. He even stops when she's out of the picture, only to resume when there's another woman to impress by being Batman.

Wouldn't Ben consult with his buddy kevin smith?

>Why has there never been a Batman film by a filmmaker who actually loves the character?
Because they would ruin everything.

Actual Schumacher does love the character and always wanted to do a Batman year one story, a lot of people shit on him for Batman and Robin not realizing most of it was executive meddling.

Also Kevin Smith is probably the worst person to consult on Batman, he's the guy who wrote a story about how Batman peed himself early in his career.

That's his fucking mark on Batman's legacy, he made him pee his pants.

I read it more that he was willing to sacrifice personal relationships for the mission. He's forestalling a normal life because the most important thing is the mission. He coulda said 'lol fuck this come here bitch im done' at the end of BB.

I think Nolan implied he was not sexual in that period - devoting everything he could to Batman - but who knows.

Who wins?

That's deep.
I think what Gotham needs is death penalty for dangerous criminals.

The one that goes to to toe with a guy that can bench press rockets.

Batman would rek Fatman

bale looks like lego in this

>Bale's most impressive feat as Batman is bending a gun nozzle

>Affleck's most impressive feat as Batman is punching a criminal so hard his head goes through the floorboards

Special mention of him crawling on the ceiling at 15 kmph

THICCMAN would win are you kidding, they made Baleman this relatively grounded "muay thai inspired" fighter whereas Batfleck is a superhuman monstrosity

Probably Batffleck. Baleman could barely fight and he was exposed as mediocre by Bane

Baleman at his peak could barely handle Joker and a few goons without catching a shoe knife to the gut. It was more appropriate for the story it was telling, sure, but Batfleck is a juggernaut and would destroy Baleman and Big Guy in a 1v2.

>and he was exposed as mediocre by Bane
Not really how it went but sure

>gets his ass kicked by a couple of hungry puppies
>gets his ass kicked by the Clean Slate chick
>gets his ass kicked by Ra's al Ghul
>gets his ass kicked by Scarecrow
>gets his ass kicked by the Joker until le ninja blades
>gets his ass kicked by Bane without Venom

vs.

>kicks Superman's ass
>kicks that gigantic monster's ass
>goes through a warehouse full of armed men like it was nothing
>traverses ceilings faster than Gary Oldman's Dracula
>does crossfit
>will go toe-to-toe with Deathstroke soon

It's pretty clear that Batfleck wins.

>incapable to immobilize few mercenaries so he have to break his vow and rules just for them, not even for man who literally killed his son
Batfleck is retarded and useless, but would still win tho

Proofs.

When you kill your enemies, they win.

>"I'm not wearing hockey pads."

There, quoted his most famous line.

>>incapable to immobilize few mercenaries so he have to break his vow and rules just for them, not even for man who literally killed his son

Robin isn't Batman's son.

our guy

Watch it again if you get a chance to. Baleman fought like crap the first time around and Bane punished him for being sloppy. At least Batffleck look sort of sharp in his fights

>I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you from being killed by the ground after I push you off this ledge.

What a brilliant moral compass this guy has. Thanks, Nolan.

Dick Grayson was adopted by him. And he treated him like a son.

Why does Scary-Face have two mouths?

This. Batman didn't quip enough.

There's no confirmation on which Robin was killed I think but all the signs point to it being Jason Todd as a nod to the Death in the Family storyarc.

Even if it's Jason. Situation the same. He treated him like a son either.

>78092620
but if you kill your enemies, they win

Look, you goofed it's OK to admit it, there's no need for damage control

What i mean is that Bane didn't expose him as a mediocre fighter. He beat up an older, injured Batman.

Had he fought him at his peak he would've gotten his shit pushed in by Batman.

There is no such thing as a competent comic book fan.

What damage control, kiddo? If you don't know shit about Robins, you should stop emberassing yourself.

Oh, that's a different story then.

>I bet your parents taught you that you mean something, that you're here for a reason. My parents taught me a different lesson, dying in the gutter for no reason at all... They taught me the world only makes sense if you force it to.

great line, but it's taken almost verbatim from TDKR

senpai I was referring to something more like this

>Had he fought him at his peak he would've gotten his shit pushed in by Batman.
Not really. His mask pumps him with pain killers. Without the old guy in ditch the worlds greatest detective would never have realised

Regardless of that scene, Batman Begins is still the best Batflick ever.