2016 movies that were unjustly condemned by critics

I'll start

Other urls found in this thread:

bfi.org.uk/best-films-2016
youtube.com/watch?v=gCKhktcbfQM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

weirdly enough

> Hail Caeser!

You have to know your cinema history and 50s macarthysim/studio politics to fully understand it. VERY underrated

The accountant wasn't too bad,

I think certain critics and people were wishing BvS to be flop ever since it was announced Zack Snyder was directing it. I think it was always going to get bad reviews even if it turned out to be 10/10.

We're already seeing the same things with Justice League and other future DC movies. Look at the countless number of blogposts and stories being pumped out every week. You don't see this with other movies.

This might be the worst opinion I've ever read on this board, because for once I believe it might be sincere.

If you think BvS is anything but total garbage then I think you must be memeing

>The Accountant

Fun action flick, competently made and acted besides m'askusumtin guy

>BvS

Hard to say. Visually stunning but kind of a mess, overstuffed with shit that didn't belong there. Batfleck was KINO and the action was top tier, so yeah it probably deserved more

Haven't seen 14 hours

Where did I say I liked BvS?

The Accountant was entertaining but dumb.

BvS was the only good capeshit movie this year.

Agreed, I saw it in theaters and enjoyed it. Needed more Kendrick though.

you only hate it cause the protagonist have autism

>I think certain critics and people were wishing BvS to be flop ever since it was announced Zack Snyder was directing it.

Really? I think other than the usual "hurr that's who you got for Batman" that usually happens I think most people were optimistic that he could learns what lessons necessary from MoS.

The biggest problem with BvS to me is that assholes in the editing room made a lot of stupid nonsensical cuts that helped the story's cohesion, you can't tell me cutting out Clark's visit to Gotham or the revelation that the black chick was a luthor play or even that the chair was lead lined were good ideas.

FFS they cut out a scene of Superman helping the injured after the explosion THEY CUT OUT SUPERMAN HELPING PEOPLE.

What the fuck.

Now tell me how much Civil War and Dr Strange deserved 90% on RT.

13 Hours is a decent film and deserves moderately positive reviews. BvS and The Accountant are actually bad films, but no worse than Civil War, Rogue One and crap like that which got overwhelmingly positive reviews for some reason

bfi.org.uk/best-films-2016

>The decline of criticism is the big news this year. As the Mainstream Media (MSM) befouls itself, fewer and fewer serious film critics are being supported and the public just doesn’t seem to care. The MSM is taken over by cronyism and consumerism. There is no more diversity among cinephiles. Here’s the news that MSM doesn’t report: popular cinema and TV are a wasteland. This era should be a new golden age for art movies. Téchiné, Makhmalbaf, Davies and Solondz are leading the way; Zack Snyder is the only maker of ‘popular’ films who has a vision and sensibility that stirs great feeling and profound thought. The festival circuit and MSM ‘criticism’ promote film culture’s decline. God help us all

Remember how much London Has Fallen got destroyed because it featured muslim villains? God forbid someone actually shows the world for how it is.

passengers

you only relate to it cause the protagonist have autism

>Ben Affleck: "we don't have a script for the Batman finished yet and we have the highest standards: anything sort of great will mean that we won't do it at all"
>45060 Mouse owned blogs: "DCEU in trouble! CONFIRMED: The Batman cancelled!"

They don't even hide it anymore

The studio was responsible for those cuts. They wanted a shorter runtime so they can make more money during a single day. Ironically enough, it backfired on them since they were selling an inferior product which caused them to lose money

yes?

They kept at it for days and even started to spout shit like Affleck getting fired and next Batman cancelled. These people are paid doing this shit.

And then the blu-ray version of BvS absolutely killed it in sales. I hope for the next one, the studio will be more patient with Snyder. It's obvious the audience preferred the Ultimate Cut.

>BvS actually a criticism of the worthless modern media monster and how it helps to shape the narrative for everyday working Americans in order to bend their worldview to that which the elites want

What a surprise that the mainstream media trashed the movie.

Because, for what they are, they were good movies.

Entertaining blockbusters. What BvS tried to do was be something more, so it got graded according to that - and it failed.

Suicide Squad tried to copy Marvel and be an action-packed quipfest but ended up being cringey, unfunny and even more badly written. The action wasn't even good.

>90% fresh reviews
>average rating 7.3
How do people not understand this yet?

Who in the world was entertained by Civil War? Kids? Probably. Professional critics? No way in hell they were. That shit looked like a PS2 game all the way through, cut like an episode of 8' clock criminal shows.

>quipfest but ended up being cringey, unfunny and even more badly written.
MCU in a nutshell.

Don't bother, they believe what they want, look at this guy , someone admitted to being a shill on Sup Forums so it must be 100% fact, it couldn't possibly be a troll winding him up.

One is hailed as a masterpiece by critics, the other as a disaster.

Guess which is which.

At least Dr Strange made people realize how fucking corrupt the critics are. We are already youtube people going against Rogue One to look better. We should all be thankful for that

*There are

I don't even like BvS but this shit pisses me off so much

>Who in the world was entertained by Civil War? Kids? Probably. Professional critics? No way in hell they were. That shit looked like a PS2 game all the way through, cut like an episode of 8' clock criminal shows.
Not everyone is a fedora like you. There's plenty of adults entertained by Marvel movies. That's why each Avengers movie easily racks up over a billion despite being nothing original.

Meanwhile, BvS couldn't even hit 900m despite having the two biggest Superheros in America fighting each other. Really makes you think.

Still way higher than BvS. No one is saying it's a great movie.

Oh wow, what an original post. Lets be contrarian about how amazing BvS was for the millionth time because everyone hated it and maybe post pages worth of pasta.

>le cherrypick face :dddd

Who's ready for the other DC movies to come out and be "misunderstood kino"?

Yeah I hate cherrypicked images designed to promote an idiotic "us versus them" brandwar.

Apparently it's "fedora" to think that this looks like a turd.

But hey 90% on RT totally deserved it. Even better than Hacksaw Ridge and Gone Girl!

Neither was hailed as a masterpiece and BvS is definitely a disaster.

Off with you. You haven't made your daily "Affleck Batman movie is cancelled" thread.

>Neither was hailed as a masterpiece
These are actual "top critics" having their say on Civil War.

>I still don't unterstand how RT works

Everyone is already laughing at you. Don't respond to me.

Even with the plot holes it was pretty good, but nearly every movie has plot holes, so that's nbd

>turd
There's that word again. Soon you'll be calling me a Marvel pajeet.

It doesn't look amazing, but audiences would rather have an entertaining decent flick than a pretentious great looking one.

BvS was fucking boring man. There's no excuse for that. I saw it in theaters with some friends. Everyone around me, including my friends, and myself wanted the movie to be over by the time Doomsday was introduced. That's where the movie should've ended. But they packed in another half an hour of garbage CGI to add to an already bad experience.

I saw Civil War too. Not once did I just want the movie to be over until it was just about over.

Visuals do not trump characters, dialogue, story, pacing, and editing.

>this film's dense plot

>"vibranium standard" for super-team flicks

The state of movie reviews in 2017 Anno Domini, ladies and gentlemen

have you seen Suicide Squad? They're getting dumbed down to braindead for the proles.

None said masterpiece. You can also find good reviews from top critics on BvS btw.

DUDE JUST TURN OFF YOUR BRAIN LMAO

Jesus christ that webm is a literal visual nightmare. The only reason this is tolerated is because these movies are short and packed with comedic relief, if they tried to make a 3 hour epic like Snyder they would be literal suicides in the theaters

I tuned out after the first 35 minutes of Civil War, if you think it wasn't boring recycled garbage you are a moron.

It's only boring if you have a low cinematic IQ.

But dude you don't understand the critics are WRONG, they just don't understand Suicide Squad!

>let me cherry pick this one scene in post it in 10 different threads
Why are you even crying like a massive faggot? Quick cuts are the defacto form of editing action these days. You might as well compile scenes from every movie that does this.

Nobody's saying that about SS though.

I couldn't pass the meeting with the military guy. The fight in Africa was already a little bit too much for me, cringe wise

get on my level faggot

youtube.com/watch?v=gCKhktcbfQM

I'll cherrypick the whole film if you want to. It all looked like a visual nightmare unfitting of its critical praise.

In fact, there is no way on earth the people who said this is the "vibranium-standard" of superheroes wasn't taking bribes.

The same could be said about BvS. The problem is if you turn your brain off which watching that it still sucks. BvS is not intellectually stimulating with it's numerous plot holes, terrible writing and lack of characterization. MARTHA!

Never said it wasn't recycled. And nobody cares that a DC fanboy tuned out a Marvel movie. The fact is audiences enjoyed it vastly more than BvS so you're in the minority.

BvS is one the most poorly paced and edited films I've ever seen. We've gone about 5000 miles in the first 10 minutes and nothing has happened.

>tuo smert for mrvl movier

>mean-spirited
When will this nightmare era of infantalized adults end?

>DUDE WHY ISN'T ANYTHING HAPPENING IT'S BEEN A WHOLE THREE MINUTES

You should kill yourself senpai

You don't even realize how deranged you sound, lashing out at anyone who doesn't agree with your conspiracy theory mindset

BvS is thought provoking and is well made. The action, set pieces, costume design, script, and cinematography are all top notch. Whether or not you liked it is a different story. Posting a picture of Chris Evans laughing doesn't change this.

All people I've never heard of and newspapers/websites I've never heard of.

You're right they didn't deserve 90%

They deserved 100% because they're both not BAD [/spoiler)

Strawman.

>shills will defend this

I'm not a DC fan, Civil War was just garbage, you have shit taste if you think it was well made

>Someone was autistic enough to catalogue each and every one of his (you)s and then pretend there's a vast conspiracy going on a korean basket weaving forum.

>Visually stunning
post one good shot
the movie was ugly as hell
I agree about batfleck. It was a shame that he had to be in an awful movie because I really liked him as batman. Also that scene where it's just batman fighting the terrorists was actually pretty good

That's literally what you're saying though. You're part of the infantile culture that think that anything that isn't action is "nothing happening". There were ton of things happening in the first 10 minutes of BvS. Hell, pretty much all the character motivations are laid in front of you right there.

It's always the plebs whining.

>BvS is thought provoking and is well made.
MARTHA! Hello boys! CGI Doomsday! Dude Batman kills people LMAO.

>The action, set pieces, costume design, script, and cinematography are all top notch.
pic

>Whether or not you liked it is a different story
You mean a shitty rip off of both The Dark Knight Returns and Death of Superman?

Maybe if you're too dense to understand the religious imagery and the political commentary, it appears nothing has happened. Look at how Superman vs Zod was obviously an allegory for 9/11.

This is what a critically praised movie in 2016 looks like.

Get with the time, shitlords.

fucking hate that kike but at least luthor is not black like the animated series

also asian mercy graves to get the gooks to watch it!!! this never works

Those Marvel movies have made you retarded m8.

This again?
You should really stop perpetuating this shit, it's sad.

This. It was perfect Hollywood white-washing the dark, mob related Hollywood history. Pretty good movie by the Coens but missed for those reasons you mentioned by most audiences

Did you post that webm as an example of a bad scene? Because it's Oscar tier compared with the CW webms posted itt

Anything that isn't quips or Cap staring mildly displeased at Iron Manlet is probably too much for you.

Not even saying BvS is complicated. It's you being so brainwashed by MCU's low standards that your standards are all that of what a kid expects watching cartoons.

all capeshit is bad

Never said it was well made. Strawman.

>That's literally what you're saying though
No. Here's what I said:
>BvS is one the most poorly paced and edited films I've ever seen. We've gone about 5000 miles in the first 10 minutes and nothing has happened.

So your misuse of literally aside, I was merely pointing out an example. The movie is poorly paced and edited for the majority of its duration. I also didn't cite any lack of action. The opening was full of action though, so that's a pretty stupid thing to assert.

>Hell, pretty much all the character motivations are laid in front of you right there.
Are they? Batman wants to kill Superman but then he says Martha and wow really makes me thing. Then he kills a bunch of guys in the next scene to save the mother of somebody he's been trying to kill for the better part of the movie.

There's this whole subplot of Superman investigating Batman that could just be tossed out because Lex forces him to fight him.

There are worse ones you could show, because that actually looks 100% fine. Yes, if you compare it to the BvS warehouse scene its bad because it uses so many cuts but cuts are not INHERENTLY bad.

Each edit in that webm still maintains spatial cohesion, changes on each action and keeps it feeling fast which may or may not be fitting depending on the context of the film.

As much as i dislike the Bourne movies and all their imitators, there are times when fast edited or shakey-ish action is acceptable.

>BvS is good it's just misunderstood
>the movie is too smart for the AVERAGE viewer, unlike me with my witty nihilism
>the people who hate it only hate it because "not muh superman/batman"
>The critics are determined to HATE anything that's not Marvel
>Disney paid off critics
>Critics are just tuo dumb to understand this film
>b-b-but Marvel movies look like this
>it's art you wouldn't understand
>it will be remembered as a misunderstood gem in the future

What other excuses have DCucks said to rationalize their movie being dogshit and fit both their superiority and victim complex schema?

Widespread public Internet really was a huge mistake.

Look, it went a whole three posts before he mentioned Martha.

You've outdone yourself this time Pajeet.

>I-I don't think it was well made!
uh huh

>shots

What the fuck man.

You post a bad one, I don't have the movie

DUDE JESUS
DUDE 9/11

Not an argument. You need more to a film than that.

Not an argument.

That scene made the entire theater cringe. Along with the piss jar scene. There was one awkward laugh but you could feel the cringe in the air.

Justify the webm you quoted

>Oscar tier

Yeah it definitely belongs with Oscar the Grouch in the garbage

The user you're quoting was talking about Civil War you fucking shill

Not an argument.

>ywn be so invested in hating a movie that you go into every thread about it and lazily argue about it for hours non stop
feels good man

You can stop now Pajeet. You can go on and on how much BvS confused you, doesn't change that you're an idiot and Civil War was a massive turd.

>Each edit in that webm still maintains spatial cohesion
That guy holding a gun literally teleports into her spinning. Or her just decides to run into it which is even more retarded.

They were both bad and most widely respected film critics said as much. Maybe you should stop listening to retarded Youtubers and start reading.