Barry Lyndon

I decided to stop being a Stanley Kubrick fan poser, and watch one of his more underrated films, Barry Lyndon from 1975. I decided to smoke a joint and watch it in its whole 3:00:00 length last night, and just like every other Kubrick movie, it changed the way I thought. So fucking good.

Other urls found in this thread:

visual-memory.co.uk/amk/doc/0087.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I miss Prussia. Goddammit.

>I need to damage my brain to enjoy kino

hello r*ddit

Half Blood Prince always reminds me of this movie.

the word "Kino" gets branded out a lot here but if ever there was a movie that deserved to be called that then this is it.

Literal live painting cinematography

I need to damage my brain to enjoy anything nowadays :( Been smoking pot since ur mom sold it to me :(

it's boring though

I do less damage to my brain smoking pot then you do browsing 10 minutes of Sup Forums.

this and Dr. Strangelove are his best

Fuck yeah Barry Lyndon thread.
Is their a more smug cunt of a narrator.in cinema?

If I had your brain I'd smoke weed to get away from being you too.

What a dumb non-comment.

hahah. Love it.

Also you have to remember that he is a unreliable narrater. Kubrick puposfully made him to be like an historian speculating on the charcters feelings.

Sometimes his commentary would not match what the charcter was going through at all.

fantasic analysis if anyone is intrested:

visual-memory.co.uk/amk/doc/0087.html

This. It's so amazing.

I agree, you shouldn't NEED to get high to enjoy something you're already doing for leisure. That being said, I've loved movies since way before I ever smoked weed and I still do when I'm not smoking but I still enjoy getting a nice buzz before watching a favorite. I tend not to get high before a first viewing of something, though.

I'm told that's how the book is written to, as a diary with annotations from the publisher calling out his bullshit scrawled on the margins and foot notes

You shoyld go watch Amadeus next.... fuck that's in austrAustria isn't it??

If is Mozart I guess yes. Different culture (but closer than others).

DUDE

>even feeling the need to mention smoking a joint

That's like mentioning that I smoked a cigarette before the film

Unless I'm getting retardedly smashed I won't be affected

There is literally no difference between Prussia and Austria.

t. Teuscher-Meister von und zu Wien

>it changed the way I thought. So fucking good
How did it change your point of view, and why? What makes it good? I'll be waiting for an essay point format of your concise thoughts, OP, backed up by valid arguments. But I don't expect a druggie to be able to use any conscious thought and reasoning beyond inherent emotional response.

Shut up you goddamn faggot. No one cares what a loser like you thinks, not even here

This is one of his best films and probably his best one in terms of cinematography.

Hur you a druggie
I'm sure your life of toys and comics and tendies and sobriety is just super important and fulfilling. Go jerk off on your anime pillow, you goddamn worthless virgin shitstain

Barry Lyndon BTFOs Mozart

OP Here, fuck you. I like the character structure and shit... Idk what it is about kubrick films, and I wasn't even alive for any of their productions. My father introduced me to them, and I wasn't the retard arguing about weed. I can't smoke a little joint before watching a movie? Fuck you critical cunt. The music, and the stanley kubrick zooming out to the whole scene shots and shit its just good dude good film 9.9/10

I just find it sad when these people assume by someone smoking a joint that means equate to a heroine-user type of "druggie".

It shows they likely have not much of a social life, or they would be more aware of the actual effects on Marijuana on most people, on a case-by-case basis.

The ones afraid of weed are the ones who have not seen it up close. And you see it up close when you have a healthy social life

The musket smoke and foley is so terrible during the battle scenes. How did Kubrick allow this to happen? Did he want to record naturalistic audio the same way he filmed with natural light, but forgot that firing muskets with small charges and no ball will look and sound stupid?

You need help and intervention. You clearly are an addict.

Brilliant display of butthurt and baseless conjecture brought on by sheer projection. I expect nothing less from those that wallow in a stupor of intoxication. You can't form a coherent thought if your life depended on it. I'm sure Kubrick would relish in the the knowledge of having (actual) shitstains like you watching and critiquing his films so baselessly.
Shut the fuck up, you illiterate imbecile. Your entire post is utter spew. I dare imagine the vocabulary you can string together in real life.
It's not the weed itself, it's the combination of bringing it up in a post, as if relevant to the film, and then offering nothing but baseless opinion brought on by inherent emotional response as praise of the film. It's like saying "I like it, and I like because it's good, and it's good because I like it", with "DUDE" tacked on somewhere. OP does a disservice to the film, and his posts ITT prove he's nothing but a spewing pleb who's unable to form even thought out critique or opinion. There is no point in humoring an imbecile like him who makes threads along the lines of "I just watched this high, and I loved it".

>It's not the weed itself, it's the combination of bringing it up in a post
Eh yeah I didn't see why it had to be brought up either but oh well

>REEEEEEEEEE POL REEEEEEEEEEEE

Barry Lyndon is by far the best work of Kubrik's, and possibly one of the best in the entire story of cinéma.

the fuck are you all dumb cunts all about I really can't fucking grasp

Australians will have nightmares for weeks

>mfw vs yfw

sorry man im too busy being high to talk like the gentlemen in Barry Lyndon. See

OP Here, waiting for response off butthurt guy
"Fuck you, you fucking delinquent imbecile! Proof here that marijuana damages brain function!" This guy's probably just mad because stoner teenager broke into the culture cookie jar of Barry Lyndon, and he's trying to protect his shit from the mainstream. Listen, buddy, I doubt I sit down and view movies like you, I let the character project itself onto me. I personally liked the film Barry Lyndon, because of the scale on which you can see that people of that day and age lived their lives, spending precious years of their life wastefully, just like me and most definitely probably you do, as a NEET. Barry Lyndon was super unlucky and lucky and went through the years of his life having his ups and downs, and I feel like it helps me justify my own life being like that. Inb4
>YOU'RE MISSING THE POINT ENTIRELY YOU STUPID STONER!
Kill yourselves please, it's a film for everybody, not just you. I rarely post on Sup Forums and thought the part about the weed in my post would be accepted, but apparently, not. I'll know not to do it in the future. U mad my thread was more active than 50% of TV threads bro?