What's some depressing music dealing with social isolation and misanthropy? Please no metal

What's some depressing music dealing with social isolation and misanthropy? Please no metal

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HGWqJxpHENM
youtube.com/watch?v=ezpuogyNf9w
youtube.com/watch?v=hLzSr-YUjtc
youtube.com/watch?v=vNcGVIohlMQ
youtube.com/watch?v=d381uzz18yI
youtube.com/watch?v=xYtpQ3dQUFQ
youtube.com/watch?v=seo_g_MIWwI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Please no metal

Quit being a pussy, that's the only genre where you'll find those themes.

Does it need to literally deal with those themes or just have that feeling

There's lots of depressing lonely music that makes you feel cold and alone

>Quit being a pussy, that's the only genre where you'll find those themes.

youtube.com/watch?v=HGWqJxpHENM

I guess what I'm mainly looking for is something dealing with that lyrically, like some sort of folk music, but i could also go for something atmospheric and melancholy that will wrap me in a blanket of my own misery and self loathing

hey guys, I'm gonna need you all to wait in the care for a minute while I talk to your nice friend.

maybe its time for you to get into metal maybe? i used to dislike it but now im grown up and love the vocals

anyway listen to these

youtube.com/watch?v=ezpuogyNf9w

youtube.com/watch?v=hLzSr-YUjtc

---
metal potentially try this i think youll like it if you like above

youtube.com/watch?v=vNcGVIohlMQ

i worked hard on this at least try

Check out Crywank - Tommorow is Nearly Yesterday and Everyday is Stupid. Lots of self hatred on that one.

not that guy but you're missing out by stereotyping metal listeners. i mean, i don't think there's any genre that doesn't have embarassing fans.

I don't hate metal, I'm just not in the mood for abrasive music. Thanks for the recs

>below the house
my dude. i love planning for burial. i think that's his best work to date in terms of arrangement and production.

i don't think you'll find misanthropy in his music at all but there's definitely a lot of isolation and misery and yelling over walls of guitar. it's extremely cathartic. except for quietly which is just depressing.

So, basically you want folk music, just go for the old stuff, it's all depressing as shit because as it turns out, life used to suck

>used to

Terrific choice. Patron Saint of Bridge Burners-Sorry is another good loathe-folk album.

andrew jackson jihad or anything by pat the bunny

anything Mark Kozelek has done is generally fucking depressing
especially Benji

this might sound like a pleb thing but would any early weezer stuff like blue or pinkerton be what you're looking for?

where the fuck has he been anyway?
I know he moved to Australia and had a long few years of depression but he put out two Alfheimr songs over a year apart

youtube.com/watch?v=d381uzz18yI

best album of 2017 imo

seeing its about he end of the world and eventually death, it seems to fit your theme.

youtube.com/watch?v=xYtpQ3dQUFQ

heres the one music video from the album if you prefer a visual

Deerhunter

Modest Mouse - The Moon and Antarctica

A CHANCE TO BE ALIVE AND BREATHING
you fucking low test douchebag

stop

I can almost see her panties. God, so close. So close.

Neofolk and Goth, and if like like noise then that too

>Tool lyrics

that's dope dude, im glad to find someone else who likes it too! (not that people dont just dont see it mentioned)

Im going through a heavy neurosis phase currently, not the same but similiar at least. so when i heard this a couple weeks ago i was all about it

youtube.com/watch?v=seo_g_MIWwI