Why didnt he just enchant another object instead of going through all the drama of making Harry win the tournament?

Why didnt he just enchant another object instead of going through all the drama of making Harry win the tournament?

Also besides that, he was too competent for a death eater.

>Comes up with stupid convoluted plan that could very easily go horribly wrong instead of just enchanting literally anything into a portkey and getting Harry to touch it
>Competent
Yeah, sure.

Why not make Harry's bed a portkey? Harry couldn't defeat Voldemort in his Pyjamas

>It's REALLY REALLY important that Harry not die before Volemort can get some of his blood
>Okay, the plan is to have him fight a dragon, risk drowning in a murderous mermaid city, then fight his way through a deadly maze filled with monsters, THEN teleport him to Voldemort
>Also if anyone else beats him in the tournament, the plan fails

LITERALLY
FOOLPROOF

Because his job was to advance the plot and bring Voldemort back to life

>Some people SERIOUSLY believe this was a good acting performance, as short as it was.

Someone post the "le evil crazy lip licking villain" gif.

It kind of reminded me of Tennant's performance as Hamlet.

Bigger question, when Voldemort was paying rent on the back of some chode's head why didn't the chode sneak into his bedroom at night and just Avada Kadabra his ass. Or break in while he's taking a shit.

AVADA

Are we all just going to forget that Malfoy was going to fucking kill Harry after Harry just freed his house elf?

I think everyone including Malfoy would like to forget that he got his ass handed to him by a fucking house elf

Because he was busy thinking abut being in one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises? Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

He literally can't fail though, "Moody" helps him throughout to this end

It's still a stupid plan though

An Malfoy was going to kill harry in the bathroom until he cast Sectumsempra on malfoy first.

>literally can't fail
I... don't think I would trust this task to someone who's as big of wank as Barty Crouch Jr.

1. can't portkey in hogwarts
2. making a traditional portkey object like the tri wizard cup will alert dumbledore less to the threat

there

> Be very clear
DI-AG-ON-ILLY!

> Fuck sake Harry

Question, when they fire spells out of their wands at people without saying any words, what are they casting? You see this a lot when they battle.

Why is an inanimate object being magically powerful and magical law being absolute a good enough reason to endanger the life of an underage wizard who is forced to enter the tournament under suspicious circumstances Barty Crouch senior?

house elf magic is no joke, they just rarely use it against wizards

Because its for children

they're still traditional spells, just cast non verbally. If you go on the books, most of what they cast are jinxes to immobilize or hinder people, or stun/protection sells

>DEH!

that's a slip-up by the director and writer for not knowing the source material well enough to catch that mistake

Was he not meant to try and off Harry then?

>always posted with that primo bait-tier image

Bravo

ACCIO ALIMONY