ITT: Albums that are difficult to accept

ITT: Albums that are difficult to accept.

It’s basically sung tongs with bleeps and bloops.

I love Vertical tbqdesu

have you never heard either album?
Sung Tongs is one of AnCos best albums and was just Avey and Panda dropping acid and playing acoustic together.
PW is Avey Geo and Panda, as they said in many interviews, trying to make their "Ramones"-album, in a sense that they wanted short, condensed songs that had a punch.
That's the opposite type of approach and feeling to a lot of the songs on the mostly soft and acoustic ST

i would say centipede hz is the "hard to accept" member of the anco colony

And shitty songwriting. Oh, I get it, you're saying Sung Tongs was shit. Wow, you're cool.

it's basically just danse manatee had a baby with deerhoof and renamed after yves saint laurent

It would have been fine if they'd just broken up after it. It wasn't bad as a breakup album. It showed them literally splitting apart on a musical level.

I'm sorry if people like this, that's fine. I'm glad that people enjoy it, but I despise this album of everything it represents.

Way to end one of the best streaks of album in rock music history in my opinion (Station-Scary Monsters) with such a fucking monkey wrench. I like Modern Love, but that's about it. It's so hollow and just a vehicle for the rest of the singles, which aren't even good either.

It just pisses me off how this was a new beginning where it was all about directly attempting to pander, and he admitted it too. Which is why he had to restart his career essentially. I'm glad it made him a ton of money, he deserved it after being so creative and productive for four years

One of the main problems with it is that it was born out of their being the new Animal Collective album as the status quo. Even if it did take risks, it took risks for the sake of taking risks, with avoiding rigidity as its endgame, not the product itself. There was no reason for Animal Collective to make Here Comes the Indian other than internal evil spirits, here the driving factor was that Centipede Hz was four years ago.

Looking forward to the next Anco album coming out, when it will be okay to like PW.

I didn’t love it but I liked it. Then again it was a 60 degreee February and I was smokin a ton of reefer

CHz is easy to accept as a bizarre misfire. I can see what they were going for and like the idea but it doesn’t really work. It’s on the same level as Danse Manatee for me. At least there the live material of that era works a lot better

Amanita is top 5 AnCo songs though

That's my favorite AnCo album.
Fight me

But man PW is fucking annoying and painful on the ears lol. And not the charming shittiness of their first album. Just plain bad. Floridada was good because of the vocals but that's it. I don't know what the fuck they were thinking.

It's their catchiest and best album bitch

Floridada is a really trippy They Might Be Giants song

I agree that them trying to limit themselves to shorter length songs was a mistake.

The live versions of these PW songs sometimes are 2-3 times longer (sometimes even more), and get way more interesting.

I think if they had explored these songs further and did like 7-8 song album, hone in on what worked and expanded on that, it would have been amazing.

But the sampling and bing bing wahoos are so fucking GRATING on my cochlea

yall dont sing floridada today :( some bad shit happened in florida so sad :(

GIVES YOU SOME PEACE
SENDS YOU TO HELL

he literally JUST'd himself