Should I watch the Harry Potter movies?

Should I watch the Harry Potter movies?

I like the books but I usually get very annoyed with adaptations so I never really bothered with the films.

How good/bad are they?

first three are decent, don't bother with the rest

DULLEST

All of them get good. First few are more kiddish, the rest are good wholesome fanservice.

they are the dullest franchise

>stretched his legs

They're not so much good or bad, but rather... dull

The first is good but compressed, it's really comfy but it only works as a compliment to the book

Second is cheaper and only has a few good scenes, still fun

The third is absolute kino

Don't watch the others unless you are morbidly curious

Yes they are comfy af

Don't listen to all the contrarian plebs ITT

They're not terrible if you've read the books.
I don't know how so many plebs who haven't read the books sit through them though. They cut so much that on their own, they don't even make sense.

What's up with the influx of HP threads?
It's all because of that dullest franchise pasta right?

No you shouldn't, Zachary as its one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Watch it for best emma growing up.

She peaks in Chamber of Secrets

its a handful of shills actually from r*ddits book forum. they were spamming threads on /lit/ for a few weeks and the mods decided to crack down and they all came here since there are no mods on this board

The later movies are not comfy at all

lotsa symbolism, it did a great job at showing the possibility of an intricate world dependent this one.

If you like plot holes, then they are for you.

JUST

Well according to people I know who care about these things, the first two are really terrible but the third one is not bad and then they're good after that. I can confirm that the first two are shit, by the time I watched the third I couldn't remember why I was putting myself through this garbage.

Just watch LOTR again and save yourself the agony.

Rewatched Azkaban a while ago and I suddenly noticed that it looked like Cuaron was completely infatuated with her.

Also she's black now.

Literally the exact opposite

>should i watch CHILDRENS ENTERTAINMENT?

pedofag

Half Blood Prince is the worst adaptation. I'd skip that.

their meme movies taylor made for plebby redditers

Don't ever stop.

Everything past Chamber of Secrets is pretty mediocre.

Since you have terrible taste in books you'll probably love these movies.