>Elected somebody with zero political experience as the fucking president
>25% of the population thinks 9/11 was an inside job
>Half the country doesn't believe in evolution
>Most of our country is overweight
>30% of the country doesn't believe in Global Warming
>45% of the country doesn't believe it's caused by humans

>>Best country on Earth

Other urls found in this thread:

nbcnews.com/news/us-news/teen-accepted-stanford-after-writing-blacklivesmatter-100-times-application-n742586
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Half of things are either not true or are good things.

% of the population is illiterate
thats higher than i expected

t. Communist Hilary supporting Chicano cuckold

yeah but where else can you get a Big Gulp for 89 cents

>18% of population is below the poverty line
Still the poor americans live better off than most of the people on earth

Poor Finns are better off than 80% of Americans

"Better than most of the world's population" isn't an argument when your country has the highest GDP in the world yet can't feed its own citizens.

Comparative poverty wise within america the gap is wide.

The whole point of the place is that you're supposed to be responsible for feeding yourself.

You should appreciate your country more
I would love being a poor illiterate american

>most of our budget is used to kill religious extremists in the ME
Dumb fuck, your country is the one funding all the extremists in the middle east

>18% of population is below the poverty line
yeah i totally believe you

Their poverty line, not yours

Our poverty line is like $18,000 a year

And yet you're still the first world power.
Cheer up murica

The responsibility to provide materially for one and one's family falls on the individual, not the government you commie

...yet millions want to come here

Yea, just go somewhere, take your patch of land and grow your own feed. It' s that easy, right.
You're depending on having a job. People would love to work, you can't live like a 3. worlder in a 1. world country.
>Approximately 32 million adults in America are considered to be illiterate; about 14% of the entire adult population cannot read
Holy shit. Google says it's true.

America has lost it's interest in being great. They only thing they want is being comfy. The sad thing is that all the other world powers aren't any better and the EU is way too weak and divided.

You realize that our defense spending is only like 15% of our GDP, right? I mean that's still really stupidly high, but it's not as bad as people say

I do not want to stir the knife in the wound, but since the American system is the subject of the thread : what's the thing with students loan?
I never got how this shit works actually, and why you have so many debts just by studying.

Is starvation an issue in the US?
Everyone has an access to clean water and food. No one is dying of malnourishment as far I know.

>Most of our budget is used to kill religious extremists in the Middle East
Most is spent on healthcare, not the military.

well they are right ameritard

Millions from literally third world nations yes

I agree with you for the most part but 9/11 was definitely an inside job.

That's like $1500/month. How that's poverty?
It's the people who can't manage their money. I'm a student and I have about $600 money after paying the rent. I have never had issues of shortages of money

The 'poverty line' is a meme.

Universities here are very expensive. One year at a private school is around $45,000 and the better schools usually charge around $60,000 a year. To help pay students can apply for Federal Loans. Federal loans are just like normal loans from a bank, only they're subsidized by the goverment which means that the interests are lower and they don't have to be repaid until you find a job.
The truth is, only retards and the rich get in debt. Harvard, Stanford and all the other top universities cover all expenses if your parents make less $120,000. There's also public schools that are pretty cheap.

Its per family not per person. Also rent is usually pretty high here. I know a lot of people who almost 1/2 of their paycheck goes to rent

Because there is other costs associated with that user.

Russians sent dogs into space, Americans sent chimps, Canadians and Brits sent yanks.

In America it is ludicrously easy to pay for college. I am completely average intellectually and the only thing I've paid for so far is my own apartment rent and books. Everything else I have covered by scholarships and grants.

The problem is:
1. Many people are too lazy to actually sit down and figure out/apply for scholarships.
2. We have this stupid "everyone needs to go to college" meme, so we have millions of people who aren't cut out for it applying. These people didn't have high enough grades in high school and/or didn't test high enough on the ACT/SAT to actually qualify for financial support.

>How that's poverty?
See

Thank you, this is the clearest explanation I ever had about it.
Most things I thought were wrong though.
Anyway, thanks for the clear explanation.

That is just for private schools, my wife paid her way through 4 years of college while working at McDonalds, graduated with no debt

How many cost an average public school per month?

He's cutting it a bit short, average cost of a bachelor's degree at a "cheap" public university in the USA is $38,600 and you graduate at around 22 usually, with an interest rate of 4.5%. By 29 years old the average American will only be making $35,000.
It's a huge amount of money and the cost is not reflected by the average wage. Parents income is also counted until the 25th birthday. Meaning whether your parents help or not, the amount you can receive in loans is set by their income until you are 25. The unemployment rate in America for 22-24 year olds is also more than twice the national average.

She went to a state school, I think it was around $6,000 a year, she had a grant for $1000
It depends on the school and the state

You pay by semestre there are technically 3 semestres but the vast majority of students only go in the Fall (Sep-Dec) and Spring (Jan-May) semestres. Wpuld work out to about $1,200 per month.

The issue is mainly with people who go to mid-tier unis who don't have the endowments to provide a lot of financial aid, forcing their student to take loans.

This is fine in the majority of situations as students find work and pay off their debt, the trouble starts when you have people getting degrees in stagnant or useless fields and a slow economy in which it is easier to outsource work then hire domestically.

>>Half the country doesn't believe in evolution
Is this still true?

>and you graduate at around 22
I got into uni when I was 23. Is there not any entrance exams in the US?

Those better unis have acceptance rates as low as 5% and almost all are under 20%, much lower for most kids (white middle class) leaving mid-tier schools as the only option.

I do not doubt it

That number is probably going up, not down

Ok, well It's still pretty expensive for a student. You are forced to work beside your studies unless you're rich.
Thanks for these precisions

The only problem our poor have in the way of food is obesity. So our poor actually eat TOO much.

I'm the guy who wrote Not The price of public schools varies a lot in the U.S. Some public schools in Alaska charge around 5,000 a year, while some in California charge 35,000.
The price varies so much that there's even price differences in-state. For example, California has a two types of public schools. CSU's ( California State Universities) and UC's (Universities of California). UCLA (University of California at Los Angeles) charges around 35,000 a year. CSULA ( California State University at Los Angeles), a different university a few miles east, charges 16,000. They're both public schools under the command of the California state government, but UCLA is far more well known and prestigious, so it charges more.
The California system isn't universal, but more and more states are adopting it.

They have SATs and ACTs, which are a type of entrance exam. Also, for what are called non-traditional students (older) they often have a placement exam just to see where you should start and if you require any remidial classes.
In North America it generally goes like this:
Ages-
>Kindergarten: 5
>Primary: 6-11
>Middle School: 12-13
>Secondary 14-18
>Bachelor's uni 18-22

Most students roll right from high school to uni, but lots take some time off too.

I forgot to say she only went for 2 years at the $6,000 a year school, the first 2 were at a local community college, those are much less money, like less than half that.

>They have SATs and ACTs
Yes we have a similar system the last exam taken at the end of high school. But you still have to take a separate entrance of the major you're about to study, and it's much more harder than the high school exam.
And we graduate at 19 and men have to serve in the military so you'll be 20 in the best case scenario when going to uni

Don't even mention community college, that's adding even more confusion to the mix.

Ok, so the Universities are "in competition" with each other, to be the best school and to be able to earn more money?
This system is very similar to... Private companies. Well it should have its good and bad side, like every system, but yeah, It's very American :^)

I did this too, a lot of students there were doing it. Go to a community college for 2 years getting a degree in liberal arts, this takes care of all your prerequisites at under $100 per credit hour, then do your last two years at uni focusing on your major for 2 years at around $380 per credit hour.
I got an AA in liberal studies from Washington Co. CC and a BA in biology from UMaine Machias for relatively cheap that way.
If your degree isn't hard STEM and allows for this and the comm. coll. and uni have a good framework of reciprocity agreements it's almost stupid not to do it this way.
Even in Canada, where uni is much cheaper, lots of people are doing it this way now.

>confusion
Good thing we are schools now instead of healthcare, that is more confusing.

>we are
discussing
It's just a smart way to go if you're not fucking rich, plus you can live at home

A school gets money in a few ways, tuition, alumnus donation, and government endowment. The better a school is the more money it makes. If you have lots of professors with published papers, successful students, etc, you will get more money in endowment and donations, which in turn will increase your reputation and allow you to charge more for tuition and make the process more selective, ensuring future success.

The admittance process in the U.S is more holistic than in Europe. You can have absolutely shit grades and SAT scores, but if your essay is good and you have an exceptional life story to tell (climbed Everest with cancer and AIDS and no hands), you can get into Harvard. A lot of people complain about the system but it prevents universities from being invaded by soulless autists who can only crunch numbers. The only place those autists belong is MIT or the NSA.

Yes, that's what I thought I understood.
And yes, It's very American(i'm not saying that badly)! It's easy to see the benefits of this system, puting the "energy flux" into the better elements.
It has its flaw, but I like your system, It's pretty smart.

Hello I think your opinions are bad. You sound stupid.

>by soulless autists who can only crunch numbers.
It applies to every major. Like the entrance exam for Law is the most hardest exam you get in.
And lawyers aren't autists crunching numbers only around 5% get in and the entrance exam material is about 4 books 800-1200 pages each

That I know of only a couple graduate schools have entrance exams related to the studies. Law school with the LSAT and medical school with the MCAT, I think theirs one for competitive history degrees too but I have forgotten the name. Undergraduate will only require a general knowledge entrance exam if the student has never taken SAT/ACT and has been out of school for awhile. It's just to make sure you are ready for basic 100 level university coursework in mathematics and english mostly.
I didn't start uni until I was 23 because of military service too and had to take a remedial mathematics class.

Private schools yes, public schools no.The two-tier system in California was created in the 1960s and was purposefully made to have differences. The CSUs were made to cater to working-class people who wanted to move into managerial positions. The UC system was made as a research institution first and foremost, created to compete with top private universities. The price differences reflect professor salaries and lab/research costs, which can get very expensive. UC Berkeley has a nuclear reactor on site.

Well, for the bad side, your Universities act like private companies, an obviously the weakest elements of society will be excluded.
But honestly It's kinda the same thing here (although the system is very different) so It's hard to throw you the rock.

You need to live in Russia or another shitty 3rd world country to understand why America one of the best country on Earth

I..What? man your country is so complicated

>weakest element excluded

The system is actually pretty good at addressing that. The aforementioned community college to university track is one way for the "weakest element" to succeed. Community colleges have an almost 100% acceptance rate and most have course work designed to help you get into uni and succeed there. The really big and prestigious schools also take in a lot of "charity" cases. They have such large endowments and so many ultra-rich alumni that they can and do easily take in many "weakest element" students annually, sometimes give away free summer classes, etc.

I would love to be a illiterate american

Autist detected.

Careers work differently here. You don't apply to study law immediately after high school. You get a bachelors degree and then apply to law school. Same for medical school, nursing school, teaching school...
Those schools admit students more like they do in Europe (or anywhere else really), by looking at grades and test scores.

American colleges have been total trash for decades, anyone who thinks otherwise is fooling themselves

nbcnews.com/news/us-news/teen-accepted-stanford-after-writing-blacklivesmatter-100-times-application-n742586

It's really not, basically California has prestigious public universities that are quite expensive with high end equipment and world class professors and then they have cheaper public universities with less equipment. If you want to get a degree because it's necessary in today's workforce the lower end cheaper uni is best, if you want to do cutting edge research in a selected field and have access to the best laboratories and smartest minds, the more expensive option is for you.

Yeah I see. Here it's the full package after the entrance.
It's a different system. I think it would be better if people get just the bachelors with a smaller effort and don't have to struggle with the entrance exams.

The guy had near perfect SAT scores and got accepted to Yale and Princeton without writing the BLM thing on his application.
Don't be triggered when smarter people than you get chosen while you waddle in mediocrity.

Ok I understand I guess, It's seems that more I think I understand it, more complicated things show up, but anyway I got it roughly :^)

Apparently there is schools for every "class" of population, despite the fact they're all pay.
But Universties and the gov help people to paid it. Anyway your school system looks pretty complete. I 'll try to understand it better later, thanks you all for your explanations!

I didn't say he wasn't smart, but the only reason he's anywhere near as successful as he is diversity. He's been riding the minority propaganda train his whole life.

Compared to other countries that aren't third world or bordering hostile neighbours, that's pretty damn high.

>nursing

Lots of places now offer a two year associates RN degree. The hospitals don't care either, they pay both AS and BS RNs the same. The only real difference is that the BS in nursing is needed to move up to a physician's assistant/nurse practitioner

>California has prestigious public universities that are quite expensive with high end equipment and world class professors and then they have cheaper public universities with less equipment
Does that mean poor people can't do advanced studies since they can't afford them?
Or just they got the same studies, but just with "cheaper" teachers and equipment?

Da rien

I would appreciate a link to anything about his test scores. All I've seen are articles fawning over his ability to be brown and muslim at the same time.

If they can get enough money in loans, scholarships, and grants, they can attend, also like that American user said, many will offer large or full academic scholarships to people with interesting stories on their entrance essay. Basically though, unless you are entering a prestigious and/or competitive field there is little reason to attend one of the better more expensive universities. For most people the cheaper option is perfectly fine.

I'm not denying that, but it's hardly
>most
of our budget

Ok but I mean (sorry if I don't understand, I'm tired, thanks for your patience with me though)

Does a person who goes to a cheap university will have access to the same studies as a person going to a reputable university?

If you're poor, the price difference between a UC and CSU is minimal thanks to financial aid. Most people don't attend UC's because it's much harder to get in.

Ok, so based on your capabilities, and not on your money, I get it, thanks

In California, yes. A CSU will have engineering, psychology and pretty much everything else that a UC offers. The quality of the education, however, will be lacking given that the professors are not as good and the equipment is not as good.

hem, this is the last question and I leave :^)
thanks for your patience guys

>>Health Care is shit
wat

my state's medicaid covers almost everything, it even 100% covers gender reassignment surgery for fuck sake.

stop buying into shitty euro memes

Ok, thank you. Well I don't if your system is really complicated or just me being tired (and maybe stupid, It's another possibility). Anyway Thanks a lot, It was really instructive.
Good'night guys

Da rien et bonne nuit

Sleep tight

Well...

In all fairness America is very good at acute medicine, if you gave a bullet wound ir stage 3 cancer, America is almost always your best option. However, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. America has higher rates of disease both chronic and acute, lower life expectancy by years, less quality years, and up to 45,000 deaths annually attributed to lack of insurance alone. This despite paying more than anyone in both taxes and personally through private insurance or lost wages from employer insurance.
You are simply paying way more for shorter, unhealthier lives with ungodly pharmaceutical costs and only have marginally better late stage cancer survival rates to show for it

Those expenses aren't correct where I live, and that chart assumes you work 12 hours a day, 5 days a week

>monthly spending money 800
If you're not with a lot of children that's more than enough.
And why does cable/phone is that much?
And electric?
Car payment? Just buy used car
Yeah that's not poverty at all.

Plus $100 goes to saving on top. How fucking spoiled north americans are if that's "poverty"

>would rather defend wall street bankers from more taxes than see the wellbeing of his fellow citizens improve
Literal jew tier. Kill yourselves.

>ignoring only $100 a month for food, heating, gas, etc.