/daily/

"Best rapper ever" edition

The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have, or just to have a good time.

>make charts
neverendingchartrendering.org/

>listen to tunes
plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel

>listenalong schedules, OP pics, etc.
daily-mu.blogspot.com/p/welcome.html

Poor guys, what a sight for old, sore four-eyes:

Other urls found in this thread:

thrilljockey.com/products/i-have-fought-against-it-but-i-can-t-any-longer
youtube.com/watch?v=QltkrjydOPg
youtube.com/watch?v=Z0faeREYjHc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

milk

best rapper every lol

I'm 20 minutes into l'ame est sans retenue and I'm kind of really digging it even though nothing's happening

lol welcome to lowercase am I right

new age is actually experimental post-modern music

Great participation on this one l'mao

The Keak Da Sneak is impossible to find so I may just skip it or replace it. Rest of the chart has been awesome though, here’s some notable standouts in the meantime.

[1/2]

Betty Davis - They Say I’m Different (1974)

Holy shit this is so good! Betty has one of the most unique voices I’ve heard, she’s got this rugged, almost snarl going on and it’s so… captivating. She had me hanging on every word, even if half the stuff she talks about is straight up freaky and even a bit blunt for my tastes. Betty pulls the style off so well because of her distinct voice and her insane energy. She’s bouncing off the walls here, yelling, screeching and just booming through the project with that awesome raspy tone. Musically, this is just as furious, with a nice Sly Stone / Jimi Hendrix vibe and awesome funk guitar work going on. I couldn’t help but chuckle at the ridiculousness of some of this - “He Was A Big Freak” is such a fantastic track but the whole thing is so over the top. That’s Betty though and here she proves that she’s able to do whatever the hell she wants and make a killer album.

4/5

[2/2]

Nina Simone - Live In Concert (1964)

For some reason, I feel like Nina’s studio approach holds her back a bit. She has some awesome tracks spread throughout the albums I’ve heard but aside from Pastel Blues, nothing has felt super cohesive or stunning like I was expecting. This however, manages to showcase Nina’s charisma, excellent songwriting and presence as a performer. The more traditional earlier tracks in “I Loves You, Porgy” and “Plain Gold Ring” are taken to a new level by her stellar performances but it’s the second half, especially the protest songs that are the standouts. “Pirate Jenny” is probably the best Nina track I’ve heard since “Sinnerman”, it’s so fiery and passionate and touching. Nina even forgets multiple verses on “Go Limp” but it’s still somehow one of the best performances on here, since she’s so charming and witty in her little banter with the crowd. And of course, there’s the amazing “Mississippi Goddamn” which is just pure spite in a track and filled to the brim with this intense political, rebellious energy. The only remotely dull moment on this is the slow paced “Don’t Smoke In Bed” which causes the second side to drag for a second. Otherwise, this is just Nina at the top of her game, doing everything that drew so many people to her music.

4.5/5

new thread reposting 2017 faves chart for recs / comments on aesthetics. sorry for my hostilities in the old thread, its an angsty valentines eve

No wonder you're angsty with such disposable musical interests. Who are you, anyway?

Actually, you seem to be a bit confused. Post-minimalism is the new age of modern music. That's what you were looking for

Since you like $uicideboy$ and ugly mane, you might wanna check out memphis rap. Try mystic stylez by three six mafia

bich lasanya. what do you think is more memorable/non-"disposable" in 2017? i listened to hundreds of albums last year and these are the ones that I'd play repeatedly or share with normies. most importantly they're the ones that came to mind in late december when i quickly made this chart. honestly im a bit out of the game when it comes to music these days. I was in my prime in 2016 oink days. My tastes are fluid but my exposure is limited.

also you're a gigantic faggot. pic related, artists rendition of your father.

big fan of the genre as a whole, included these guys because they're my favorite up-and-coming memphis-style (desu they're on the way out at this point, especially with one of the members falling out)

pic obviously not related

eugh i take back my rec
please leave the thread if you're gonna call people faggot and be anti-semitic

lmao

being rude stops itt after this post okay thank u

screw u!

(

i'm kinda obsessed with a lot of The Body's music and their new album on thrill jockey is lookin' to be a fine spook.
>thrilljockey.com/products/i-have-fought-against-it-but-i-can-t-any-longer
also there's a single here that yall should listen to. at first it's pretty weird, but as new instruments and composition comes in it grows on you and gets pretty emotional so check.

does anyone else care much

sorry m8 :< im not anti-semitic or anti-gay though, i saved the image of Sup Forums and kept the filename. if you'd seen the tng episode you'd understand, the guy pictured is a stereotype of the most annoying person ever. I thought "gigantic faggot" was accepted as a generic insult on these boards. I know its a typical "i have a black friend" kind of response, but all of my gay friends say "faggot" in this way.
i tried but this man outright insulted me :

II is the worst Saturation t b h

To this guy last thread >nothing in common
Which is why it's better

digits checked. i liked all of them pretty much equally, and pretty much view them as one long project. I liked the album cover for II the best so i picked that one for the chart.

unrelated valentines day pic
>skeeter davis: end of the world

PRETTY MUCH. adhd, i forget what i wrote after each phrase

>posting valentines day tracks so its not just meta commentary/banter
youtube.com/watch?v=QltkrjydOPg

I'm gonna do this one but I'm writing a report and also procrastinating
Wow that album art sucks big dick but I'm interested, thanks for sharing friend
this seems like an unrealistic request for Sup Forums tbqh
What tracks did you like on Little dark age and do you not like TRST

Haven't given LDA enough front-to-back listens to comment other than that I loove the title track and enjoyed the rest. TRST is nice but it's not the kind of music I typically listen to. I just don't think there is much of a comparison to be made other than perhaps a few aesthetic choices, and a bit of overlap in the instrumental styling that inspired them. apples to oranges, if you will.

Maybe I'm ignorant and haven't listened to them enough or am unfamiliar with the background - is LDA in some way derivative of TRST?

whats going on in this picture?

That's fair

did someone say binch lasagne

0w0 here's a sentence or two about stuff that I wanna talk about

Wakeup Fakepop and house of bullies were the best things I heard this last week. The former, a breakcore funtime with cartooom-esque samples, was a much more surprising love than the latter, a no-brainer new love consistent art-prog release with great vocals.

Konnichiwa is some of the only grime I've ever really dug but it being grime is also probably what is preventing me from loving it

Saturation III featured a few of their best singles yet. If these guys learned to cut the fat from their releases and they'd be undoubtedly one of the best modern hip hop artists

Deaf Dumb Blind has a fantastic A-side, with a B-side that's just Karma but worse (which is just A Love Supreme but worse)

In My Head features two very good noise rock songs

Live at the Savoy features good decent recordings of songs performed better in the studio anyways

Ten probably isn't much worse than cLOUDDEAD's infamous compilation, but I'm seeing this group's sound losing a lot of its luster in my eyes

Accelerated Evolution is proof mastering the perfect guitar tones will mean nothing if your vocals are shit and your songwriting is blase

Mrs. YouTube Reccomendation's Variety had only one good song on it and it was the one anyone cares about.

Unleash the love is equal parts unlistenable and essential if you're a masochist beach boys fan

what next?

can't recall whicj autechre that is off the top of my head but listen to that next

My friend barraged me with cursed images including this but it's genuinely unnerving and I don't want to know
>is LDA in some way derivative of TRST?
No
But it's a disappointing compared to their first two albums, and it built itself up to be more dark and goth than it actually was (more or less synthpop)
It's a bit disappointing compared to the duo's first and second album

also family i'm upset. my angst has recently proved insatiable by my typical dose of sad adolescent folk and singer-songwriters

how did y'all cope with the lonely yesterday

yeah. i really like that song. dude effortlessly parodied drake so well. He's got potential if he either gets serious (assuming he has something to write about) or goes full lonely island. Very self aware and good production.

Fair enough. I thought it was less of a legitimate attempt to go full goth and more of a sarcastic 'south park goth' modern new-wave album in the way of Duran Duran / Depeche Mode / Flock of Seagulls.

I am just glad that they made a song that I can't stop listening to again after I had more or less forgotten about them. I am not at all disappointed by this release - I connect to it more than I would if oracular spectacular were to come out today. I appreciate their journey as artists, and I feel like I grew and changed as they did (OS came out when I was 17 and in a bit of an acid phase and now I feel more connected with this new aesthetic)

ramble ramble ramble

try writing letters to the people (especially of the opposite sex) that really made a difference in your life in your formative years (early and adolescent). You don't have to send them but I recommend it if you're not afraid

same way I cope with loneliness everyday, bub
self-isolation and telling myself I don't deserve friends

>sad adolescent folk
here's your problem
you need something more like this
youtube.com/watch?v=Z0faeREYjHc