Slow weekend edition....

NASCAR series-
(Note: Trucks are not racing this week)

-CUP
>What: Federated Auto Parts 400
>When: Sat 9 Sep 1930 EST
>Where: Richmond Raceway
>Broadcaster: NBCSN
400 laps for 300 miles of short track racing. This is the LAST race of the "official" season. Drivers without a victory will either need to win the race or earn enough
points to be in the top 16 to earn a spot in the chase.

-Xfinity
>What: Virginia 529 College Savings 250
>When: Fri 8 Sep 1930 EST
>Where: Richmond Raceway
>Broadcaster: NBCSN
250 laps for 187 miles of short track racing. This race will also end the regular season for the Xfinity drivers, and with
only a handful of drivers with victories, the competition is going to be tight.

-IndyCar series: Off till 17 Sep for the final race.
-F1 series: Off till 17 Sep at Singapore
-IMSA series: Off till 21 Sep at Laguna Seca
-WRC series: Spanish leg is currently ongoing till Fri 8 Sep
-SuperCars series: Off till 15 Sep at Sandown raceway

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nkPeYRG9T7c
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

holy fuck, another general for a garbage sport. take it to /asp/ or /o/

FUCK ARCA AND FUCK AMERIFATS

>that flag

>must shitpost before the communal generator shuts off in the favela again and I have no electricity

Bubba steals a ride for Chicago.

From the NASCAR site:

>Darrell Wallace Jr. returns to the NASCAR XFINITY Series next week at Chicagoland Speedway, driving the No. 98 Nickelodeon-themed Ford for Biagi DenBeste Racing.

Xfinity series to race with new composite panels at Richmond this weekend.

>Bodine said he expected nearly 85 to 90 percent of the field for the XFINITY Series’ trip to Richmond to be using the flange-fit body. There are competitive incentives for doing so; the steel-body cars will be 150 pounds heavier than their composite-bodied counterparts and they will also race without the aero benefit of a radiator pan.
> STEEL-BODY CARS WILL BE 150 POUNDS HEAVIER

That's fucking huge, and combine it with the lack of a radiator pan and you'd have to be a moron to run the old set-up if you're trying to earn a spot in the chase.

what if the steel body cars team up and bully the compos into the wall?

what the fuck has been brazil's problem on Sup Forums lately

They're just irritated because their government stopped handing out cash for MtF tranny operations and hormones, so...

Holy fuck kill yourself retard
If you're gonna make a thread, make a proper OP

>Starting next season, NASCAR Cup teams will have to use 13 engines during the year for two full race weekends -- the engines will be sealed so between races they can't tamper with the engine block, crankshaft, camshaft, connecting rods and pistons. Also, engines used at Talladega in October will be sealed and must be used again in the preseason race at Daytona next February.

>tfw Daytona Speedway will get completely destroyed this weekend

finally

Nah, it'll be fine.

I don't get this, what's the penalty to not using a sealed motor? You can pass or use pit strategy at most tracks if you are a big team and beat this. It's not like F1 where starting last will destroy your race.

>mfw no Ives this weekend

Who knows. It's been a thing in nationwide/xfinity and trucks since 2009.

WoO last night:

youtube.com/watch?v=nkPeYRG9T7c

Daytona will be fine but probably flooded. Homestead is literally the first thing that the hurricane is going to hit once it makes landfall. It will get ripped apart.

Homestead was built to code post-Andrew. It should be fine, even though Irma's a fucking monster. Though if it isn't and repairs have to be made, it will just go to another ISC track as ISC have the right to stage the final race. Atlanta is a SMI track and unless both Daytona and Homestead get fucked up. They likely won't run the final outside of Florida. Can only imagine the autistic screeching from Kryle or Hurrvick if Homestead gets damaged and the final race goes to Daytona though

>daytona roadcourse finale

fund it

>too much damage on homestead to repair in time for the finale
>championship will be decided at daytona
no matter if it's the oval or the road course i want this to happen

>>daytona roadcourse finale

That would be nice.

Time Trials for the World 100 at Eldora start tonight.

Is Scott Bloomquist gonna cheat again to win?

>joonya wins this weekend
>wins the chip off of this

>blocks your path

Does anyone have the chad kanaus le conspiring man picture? I lost it

>Cal Crutchlow has admitted he does not know if he will be able to race in this weekend's Misano MotoGP round after sustaining a finger injury using a knife.

>The LCR Honda rider sliced his left index finger while cutting parmesan cheese earlier this week, requiring him to undergo surgery to reattach a severed tendon.

>nascar

PRHABLEMS IN THE KITCHEN

>Official Sup Forums Motorsport General thread

cheez whiz is much safer

Say it with me:

JACKIE CHAN OUTRIGHT LE MANS CHAMPION.

New rules mean Jackie Chan DC racing can afford to race LMP1 next year.

shit thread redditor

>i had an accident while doing motocross
sound way better (and less humiliating) than
>i almost lose a finger cutting cheese

And yet here you are "not-reddit".