Did i ever tell you about the time Jyn Erso and he rag tag band of people saved the universe?

Did i ever tell you about the time Jyn Erso and he rag tag band of people saved the universe?

she didn't save the universe. she was one part in a larger group that saved the universe over a number of years.

Obi Wan never met Jyn

She died like... Uh... Two days ago

Man, Rogue One was so fucking bad.

Everyone around me thinks it's amazing.

Help.

compared to TFA it's amazing

retard

How come communication is so bad in the SW universe? Also there aren't any news agencies or anything

It's not their fault you have shit taste

>Luke, did I ever tell you about the time Jyn Erso and a rag tag band of people saved the universe? They all died doing it but they never actually got to know each other so there was no impact when they died. I have no idea if they were good friends

TFA wasn't great, but at least it had characters and a villain.

Like, characters with actual backgrounds and motivations and arcs and shit. And a villain that felt threatening.

Rogue One didn't. It didn't have a single character, everyone was just a thing. Donnie Yen was just there to say "The FORCE" every now and then, Baze was just a gun with a few lines of dialogue, Jyn was a fucking mess of a poorly realized character and Cassian, who came closest to a character by having at least one identifiable human trait, gave up his personality for literally no reason and became a non-entity.

And who the fuck was the villain in Rogue One? Krennic? The guys who spends the entire movie getting pushed around by his bosses? Who is a non-threatening old man whose entire authority is limited to a single small ship and a handful of dudes? Was it the empire, whose soldiers lose literally every single battle and get punked on by a girl with a baton? Hoo boy do I feel the tension and the stakes when I see those trained soldiers get utterly beat up in 5 seconds by a girl they were shooting at.

Luke, did I ever tell you that your father was a great pilot? He was almost as good at that as he was at killing children. If I had to guess, he probably killed more children than he ever flew ships, but it's easy to lose count when he did both of those things so often. He was a good friend.

Too many invasions

Comparing turds isn't really remarkable.

>implying defeating the empire saved the universe

literally everything you said was wrong. kylo ren and general hux are horrid villains and the characters in TFA are complete shit

>saved the universe?
You mean destroyed the Empire for 30 years until a nearly identical First Order took over anyway?

Yes, they are bad, but they EXIST, which is more than can be said for Rogue One.

I'm not praising them, lord no, but still. Credit where credit is due.

>Luke the reason I never told you about Jyn Erso is because nobody gives a fuck about how the rebels got the death star plans and it doesnt add anything of importance to our current adventure

Is the webm canon?

>TFA wasn't great, but at least it had characters and a villain.
>Like, characters with actual backgrounds and motivations and arcs and shit. And a villain that felt threatening.
So maybe you can tell me what the fucking point of Phasma was.

Nothing, Phasma was utterly wasted for literally no reason.

But come on, Finn had at least a few character traits and something that resembled an arc. Kylo as a villain is very subjective, but at least the First Order was huge and imposing and actually won a few fights.

Not a single character in Rogue One has a personality, and as for the villains, well, just read my post.

TFA's characters didn't make sense. Finn never acted like someone kidnapped and forced into war as a child. Rey didn't act like someone who had lived as a lonely scavenger her whole life. Even discounting their origins, the actual characterization within the movie is a mess. Does Finn care about his fellow Stormtroopers? You'd think so, seeing how he stops in the middle of a firefight to gawk over his dying comrade. But then he vaporizes an entire hanger full of comrades without a hint of reticence. And almost all of Rey's screentime is devoted to establishing what she can do rather than who she is (though to be fair, she can do everything, so I guess they'd need a lot of time to establish that) and spends the rest vacillating between angry irritable bitch and..."girl" I guess. TFA's characters are jumbled, amorphous messes that don't feel like real people, despite all time the movie spends trying to establish them. Yeah, we know very little about R1's characters. But they at least act like real people and feel consistent.

And you're going to complain about Krennic getting abused by his superiors when TFA had Kylo Ren? Kylo Ren, who's whole character is punk-bitch-wannabe-badass-edgelord? Kylo Ren, who gets reverse mindraped by someone with 0 jedi training? Who gets handily defeated in a lightsaber duel by the same person? Ren was the best character in TFA, just as Krennic was the best character in R1, but he is not a threatening villain.

Sure, it was dumb when Jyn took out five Stormtroopers with a baton. Yes, it was bad when K2 wiped out half a platoon without even looking. But guess what, TFA had the exact same problem, showcased best by the scene (actually it was ONE SHOT) in which Poe takes out 9 tie fighters and 3 stormtroopers in under 20 seconds. After Xwing sniping down the troopers holding Han and Finn. Both R1 AND TFA are plagued by "badass" characters who run train on grunts. Face it, they'll never be threatening in SW again.

TFA was great, you're just a whiny fanboy cuck

> I have no idea if they were good friends.

Fucking Gold AAA+

how does Jyn die?

Vaporized by a death star blast

It saved the universe from white supremacy.