Why the fuck does this shithole have sports teams?

Its NFL team gets owned by the Seahawks, Rams and 49ers
Its NBA team gets owned by the Lakers and Warriors and when they're good, Clippers and Kings
Its MLB team are basically home games for the Dodgers and Cubs, and whenever the Giants are good even them
Its NHL team should have moved

The fuck does this place even do?

Heres your >you
Stay mad

they have the Grand Canyon

the only reason why any tourist would ever want to be outside of NYC, LA, Washington DC, San Francisco, Las Vegas or Miami in the US

>they have the Grand Canyon

And that's grounds for a sports team?

you asked "The fuck does this place even do?" and I told you what it does do: attract tourists outside of the big US cities

I don't recognize baseball and handegg as real sports and am incredibly bored by basketball and hockey, so in my view all US cities/states lack proper sports teams, except for the ones with a real football team (MLS I guess)

I love Arizona's power at making Seahawks and Dodgers fans mad.

We had the single greatest run in the history of baseball by cucking the fuck out New York 1 month after 9/11 happened. Possibly the greatest dream crushing in the history of sport.

>We had the single greatest run in the history of baseball by cucking the fuck out New York 1 month after 9/11 happened

Yall gonna cuck Houston now?

Nah this current D-Backs team is a meme, and if >we cucked them after Hurricane Harvey it wouldn't even be close to cucking New York after 9/11.

I'm sorry you guys only have one sport people care about

god bless big unit and the Dbacks squad

no upset compares to that series

Cardinals get all the washed-up Steelers players when they still want to make a buck

The look on all the Yankees faces is priceless.

Apparently it still haunts Mariano a lot

If you're a billionaire, you don't have to be smart or bother spending money on championships. In fact, you make more profit if you can spend as little as possible and trick your fans into still shelling out money for tickets.

The owners of the Suns aren't interested in titles, the owners of the Coyotes clearly don't even want a team, and the owners of the Cardinals are mentally retarded and stumbled into an Owl once (hey, even a stopped clock is right once in a while), the Cards have the longest title drought of any US pro team, now that the Cubs have won a Series.

Then there's the DBacks. Holy shit. They get lucky every once in a while, and seem to be the most competent AZ team, but... c'mon. AZ is basically California's own personal Florida.

Because millions of boomers decided to make the atrocity that is the Phoenix metro area their retirement home. It's the Florida of the west.

Seahawks gonna rape dat ass this year

Was the 2001 WS that big of a deal?

with destitute hillbhilly towns, a busted economy, and tourist traps to boot

they're literally texas

>PHX=DFW
>TUS=HOU
>Flagstaff=Austin
>everywhere else = uneducated hillbillies and tourist traps in the desert

is the only WS it would have been ok for me if the yaks had won it, and I really hate the yaks

Easy. It's Florida for the old people who like the Desert more and dislike Florida for some reason. Don't believe me, ask old people. Some of them have an inherent distrust of Florida and those are the ones that move to Arizona in droves, because they really just don't want to deal with one more winter.

Point is, like Florida have many sports teams, old people don't make for good fans unless the team is doing well, and Arizona is a destination for a lot of old people, which get marketed to.

a lack of cities on the west coast means leagues stick teams in AZ and soon NV for geographical balance.

I live in Scottsdale and what a glorious place to live this is if you can stand the 110 degree highs and 85 degree lows during 4 months of the year. Gas is cheap. Rent is cheap. Amazing nightlife. An hour away from the slopes during winter time. Economy is looking great too, I could lose my job and have 4 or 5 offers within a week in my field. The young people here are beautiful and fit too, but it is contrasted by the old cowboys and boomers that flourish in their obesity.

Still love it here.

Literally this. I grew up in AZ because my Dad grew up in Pennsylvania and HATED winter. Said that the nicest thing he ever did for me was sparing me from having to shovel snow.

I really think there's some relation to the heat and how fit most young people in Phoenix are.

It's a State full of transplants.

The old people come there to retire.
The young people come from families that are originally from another State, then they move to California/PNW/East Coast.
The college students are """"""instagram models"""""" from out of State and fuck off to Vegas or California after they graduate.

It's a plastic State but going to school/grad school at ASU would be the fucking dream

I would run 4 times a week year round with that kind of weather. Where I am it's too cold for 1/2 the year to even consider it

Sweetie...

literally nothing should exist in arizona

>literally nothing should exist in Canada

not really that comparable. its not like seattle had a massive tragedy that same year. this was just one of the memest moment in sports.

Ya except for the fact that we have more fresh water, more trees, more oil, and more of pretty much every single conceivable natural resource than the US (pretty sure canada even has a higher bald eagle population than the US)

>more oil
I wouldn't go around spreading that fact around if I were you.

I think Canada needs a big dose of Freedom.

well its kind of deceiving because of how inconvenient and expensive it is to get.

we're already a more free country than you so idk what you guys could really do here

reddit: the post

>Canada needs all the freedom

>we're already a more free country than you

>we're already a more free country than you
>This is what Canadians actually believe

We have more Grand Canyons than you do

More Owls, too. What the fuck is Canada even thinking?

Cards made the Owl in '09.
Suns are JUST, I'll give you that.
Dbacks beat the Yanks in '01 and have won a title more recently than the Dodgers
Furpuck is irrelevant in all warm weather states

Seems your only argument is the state is full of transplants

Bet the average temperature in flagstaff is lower then where you live mate

>There are people who think this is worse than the '86 world series

Those 08 Suns were godlike

I was born and raised here, as were my parents. I don't see myself living anywhere else.

>lambs owning anybody
They have a worse record than the fucking Browns in the last decade
>talking shit about the doyers owning the dbacks right now
lmao

Shit taste

>Furpuck is irrelevant in all warm weather states

You've obviously never been to Tampa. It's full of New England snowbird transplants. The Lightning have been in the top10 in league-wide attendance for 5 years straight now.

Thank you for that one. Would have wished the Mets did it a season earlier

>I go to America for the cities
Fucking why?

what year were you born?

>A kid born on 9/11 will be able to legally drive a vehicle on Monday
2001 wasn't exactly yesterday anymore