*blocks your path*

*blocks your path*

Other urls found in this thread:

beatdom.com/the-burroughs-millions/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miles_Davis#cite_note-FOOTNOTEThe_Complete_Illustrated_History200717-14
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

*I Get Around*

*solos over your chord progression*

*makes a living by reharmonizing pop songs*

>*quickly moves out of path*

He was damn good at it, though.

>*makes a living by reharmonizing pop songs*
Is there anyone who did it more competently while innovating every aspect of the genre he belonged to? Don't you dare mention the YouTube "genius" everyone's up in arms about.

I would like to know what you're referring to

Might be the negative harmony guy

There it is.

I wish the pop song tradition didn't get lost. My favorite things and the days of wine and roses are some of the best jazz standards and I don't think there are any reharmed modern songs with the same impact.

>I wish the pop song tradition didn't get lost
It's hardly worth to reharmonize anything past the Tin Pan Alley period.

Nah that would be *makes a living off trustfund*

Source? I'm not sure if you know this, but both Miles (apparently) and William Burroughs were trust fund kids. At least they did something with it.
beatdom.com/the-burroughs-millions/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miles_Davis#cite_note-FOOTNOTEThe_Complete_Illustrated_History200717-14

*rices your path*
Beat that Fartrane

Wow, this is an actual piano album. I always thought this was some Nujabes crap.

>t doesn't realize this is just riced down Evans
fuck off nigger

I’d just dropped some dollars for ‘Trane’s Giant Steps six months back. Now was the time, this was the place. The Village Vanguard. New York City. 1961.

It has never been easier to recognize someone who is absolutely clueless when it comes to jazz

You actually think that's a solid jazz record and not just something that's like a Bill Evans influenced record that doesn't amount to anything he's done.

No, you idiot "negative harmony guy" aka Jacob Collier.

fuck

Huh?

Aka Adam Neely

Why do you feel insulted? I merely pointed out some information.

Coltrane was a shitty Bird ripoff, and then Eric Dolphy came and blew his style out of the water.

Miles is the best though.

Quality shitpost.