THE MAGICIANS

Just binged it. Anyone else willing to admit they loved it? Also HOO BOY that finale was FUUUUUCKED

Season 2 is coming up soon.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EAqa_uHw2-4
youtube.com/watch?v=eX-RlzgzBHA
youtube.com/watch?v=1aHbGAR1wAc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Turning penny into a chadbro is beyond annoying. They gave themselves an out leaving the alternate worlds into the world earlier than the books.

I'm helping you out shillbro. Good luck.

I liked it, we'll see how the LGBT pandering goes if I'll keep watching it.

I stopped watching Sense 8 because of the LGBT pandering and Magicians is getting close to that territory.

Does anybody actually shill? It's fucking Sup Forums the penetration would be like 20 people. How're the books, I'll add them to my lengthy reading list?

Yeah I can't wait for season 2. I loved season 1, didn't really expect to given Sy Fy are known for being shit - they didn't even have this show on their UK channel from what I saw.

Eliot was by far the best part of season 1, so I'm wondering if that'll be the case in season 2, or if his new role will change things.

This is the world we live in now. Just deal w/it

I mean on the one hand after ep 7, when everything starts getting WAY SHITTIER FOR EVERYBODY, he gets extra shitty. On the other hand, he's gonna be the King, and that's cool.

>Harry Potter kids are roughly 20-30 now
>Make a show about Wizard Grad School

A LITTLE ON THE NOSE I THINK

Well considering how many millions of people come to this site over a six month period, it is a given that they do. We even got 'russian' trolls trying to fuck with our election so if we merit that kind of attention, then it would be easy for corporations to astroturf.

So to answer you, yes. Not that it matters, shills push more new content than the people that have been here for 10 years for their daily schadenfreude.

Otherwise this board would be a cunny spammer, krager posting blacked shit, starwars threads, few daily capeshit/who/got etc.

Sera gamble is a terrible show creator so I have 0 faith after seasons 6 and 7 of supernatural, I.E the worst ones in 12 years.

Eliot stole every scene he was in when he was comic relief, so it was surprisingly to see he actually still stole the scene when he had depth. I don't know if it's down to the character being interesting, or the actor giving a great performance, but it just worked.

Since being a king is very different to what we've seen before, I don't know what to expect. I suppose he couldn't stay the same forever though.

>Sera gamble is a terrible show creator so I have 0 faith after seasons 6 and 7 of supernatural, I.E the worst ones in 12 years.
Did she do season 1? Maybe she has a bad track record, but if she did season 1 do you not think she can pull it off again?

anyone got webms of the blonde?

triggered

She was with in other positions but she ran the entire thing only for the two worst seasons of 6 and 7 of supernatural.

She controlled vision of that show in same vein that she is running the Magicians.

She might have skill at editing/being a producer or something but I do not trust her vision about the show. That being said I mostly like the casting of the show so its not all bad. The girl they got for Julia is perfect but then they go and ruin her arc because the series doesn't have a better villain than the first one so they're stretching it out.

They loopholed all of their changes because within the universe of magicians, many similar worlds exist through the fountains.

On the upside they have books to go by. So it's not like they're making it up as they go along.

I want to give every character in this show the gas. this show could be used as a character study on how to write insufferable cunts. especially the crack addict bitch that will fuck over whoever she has to for more magic.

See you guys in season 2, can't wait.

I read the books and they are no better, the characters never grow as people and no one learns anything.

Just read the first book, was ok I guess. I checked what the other parts were about and they looked like pure cancer to me. You might like them if you're into the chronicles of narnia tho.

They could have spent 2 years correcting Grossman's mistakes and adding complexity to Q. Instead they sped through big moments, cut characters and made things with easy payoff completely fail.

Books are only as good as how you use them.

If that is the case it will probably burn me sooner or later. Still, I have hopes.

the main character is douche cunt of the highers order and gets called out for it. At least they acknowledged it.

I also like the twist, that Julia was originally supposed to be at the school, but was altered to make a drastic enough change to save them. Will this be addressed more?

I do like the time travel-ey bits. But as usual, you're using TIME TRAVEL, you can't do better than that? I mean presumably the Dean doesn't lose his eyes and hands every time since that was a fresh new fuckup, and he's totally cool with this being the last rotation? Perhaps he wanted it to fail so it wasn't, and that's why he sucked so much at teaching.

>one of the few times they reference the actual year is when they travel forward to 2016 and everything turns to shit

That plot twist wasn't in the books, she was failed the test because she had no imagination and generally sucked cock at everything(literally) until she summoned a god to give her powers in return for raep turning her into a demi-god nature thing, the twist in the show was just pure feminista bullshit "see she didn't fail the test she was actually the smartest she just had to get kicked out so she would become even smarter and save them all!"

pls

Pajeet deserved it

I was so happy to see one of those maggots get some punishment, the only good character in the books was Josh and this poo in loo hot topic piece of shit took his place in the story.

I was surprised by how badly they all got beat the fuck out.

Like I didn't expect them to win, but didn't like 3 of them seem to die haha?

Yes

Trailer for season 2, seems like they all got better

Quentin could have helped him, remember. Q let that fucker get beat up and disarmed.

Penny got his hands cut off.

Alice collapsed, started bleeding out of her mouth then passed out.

Eliot and Margo got slammed into the bookcase, passed out.

Yeah, there was a trailer, not sure if just the exclusive one from Comic Con or the one they publicly released, that showed Alice doing magic shit to wake Eliot and Margo up for example.

I hope they add a talking doggo to the cast next season.

Doesn't matter if Quentin could've intervened, Pajeet deserved every bit of misery he got.

Fucking Alice literally within 12 hours of her breakup with Quentin, absolutely disgusting

Was anyone else surprised by how dark the show got? Episode 9 has to be one of my favourite episodes of a show ever, it took me completely off guard.

thanks, you don't perchance have more do you?

That shit broke my fucking heart.

Plover drugging Jane then getting Martin to strip, Eliot's face when he asks Quentin what Plover did, makes me cry every time, not even memeing

Of coursh

Wait what source this shit

I believe it's from some 10 Second Film youtube thing she used to do

thanks

np

how did it get a second season?

What else does Syfy have to spend its money on? I mean The Expanse is great, but...

It's pretty good, got better ratings than some of Syfy's other shows and is a lot cheaper than some of the others too since magic is sadly barely used

Sell me this show. What makes you love it?

It wears its influences on its sleeve and does a good job with them. The characters are douchebags, but fairly realistic douchebags. It gets fucking dark as shit. Time travel fuckery.

It has a bit where two party hardy assholes are trying to make "magic gin", and it turns out the recipe was for a Djinn.

Also great tits.

I'm reading Book 2 right now and I can honestly say its adaptation is going to be complete ass unless they fork up more money for CG.

They should just go back and restart the Dresden Files show. Sure it had not a lot to do with the books but it was pretty good.

10/10 tits and the most based homosexual to ever grace television fiction

Isn't he bi? I mean he married a chick

is she wearing a skirt, or just a really long shirt?

I don't know but it's my new fetish

I've only read the book, but I can tell you this isn't a magic adventure series. It's about a bunch of kids in their early twenties going through University together and getting involved in normal University shenanigans, only there's magic thrown in. Sex, alcohol, rivalries, the works. MC is some smart dude who just wants to go to the fantasy world in his favorite books, but is depressed because he's stuck in reality with the rest of us. Book kind of explores the concept of how getting your childish wish won't really make you happy.

It's been a while but that's how I remember it.

he also fucks her, as the previews for season 2 suggests. I'd say he is at this point.

Not my cup of tea but interesting enough, downloading.

Loved it

Penny's character makes no sense, I feel like the episodes air out of order they were originally written in since he oscillates so thoroughly between main protagonist trio and rival/antagonist

For example: He risks his life saving Q's, gets cut by a blade specifically from Fillory and affected by a curse DIRECTLY from said children's book, and is then cured by Q with the very same method as in the book.

Then, a couple episodes later, it's revealed he stole the manuscript, spilled beer all over it like a sloppy fuck and trashed it after reading, and yet still denied it's knowledge until caught redhabded. Wtf? And then as he recites the plot he makes fun of Q for being uncool even though his meta-knowledge had previously saved his life, why the fuck is he not eager and rushing to learn more so he doesn't almost die again.

He's such a complete dick for no reason WELL AFTER he's completely involved with the plot

He's the heart of the show.

They completely ruined Penny's character. He's supposed to look like an edgelord with a leather jacket with chrome studs and a mohawk with some internal rivalry with Q. Hell, he's only supposed to look edgy but is actually a very intelligent guy. They just turned him into an ass.

bump

So how graphic is the non-consensual yiff scene? You know the one I'm talking about.

LOVE THE FUCK OUT OF MAGICIANS!

Penny and Eliot are my favorite chracters.

Blonde bitch Olivia is some timid little twat
Main guy

Quinton is a chump

Quitons old roomate is a dumb overly emotional bitch

Eliot best friend girlfriend is alright and the only normal female of the group.

Penny girlfriend is wannabe tough girl with mommy issues.

Considering that know one is dead in the upcoming season trailer i assume that what we saw was an illusion or clones of some sort.

Remeber that Olivia is now a supremem mage/witch or whatever after she drunk that elder gods sperm.

She was probably smart enough and has enough power to create something of that magnitude and she can probably read minds and see into others thoughts like penny and knew Quentin old friend would betray them for her own revenege.

Shes smart enough to know that if they all die it will be for good this time and it would be foolish to take an unnecessary risk.

>Considering that know one is dead in the upcoming season trailer i assume that what we saw was an illusion or clones of some sort.

No, it's the real them, but Quentin fixes her up first then she uses her demigod level magic to fix the others.

Ahhh i figured it was something like that.
I was wondering how they got btfo so quickly when the blonde bitch is supposedly suppose to be a god mage or some shit.

Seeing the previews i figured she was the reason they all survived.

Didn't she get surprised by that other girl stealing their secret weapon or something? I remember chalking her jobbing up to that hesitation

Also, I didn't watch it live last season. Does the SyFy version show as much skin/have as much swearing as whatever version it is the online copies come from?

If not I'll have to wait to watch it online the next day instead of basking in the comfyness that is live TV on a couch

The uncensored version you find online is from after the blu-ray/dvd came out and Syfy decided to release the uncensored versions on demand and during a marathon.

So you may as well watch the new season live.

I swear I watched them before the home-release though. Where they uncensored in the live international release?

Pretty much.

I have never seen anything censored aside from word like fuck and shit.

Nudity isn't that bad,but i haven't seen online versions, so it may be more for all i know.

International release I dunno, but pretty sure the uncensored only came out around the time of the blu-ray/dvd release and Syfy commemorating it by running a marathon of it uncensored around that time,

>uncensored around that time,
Fully uncensored?

Curse words like "Fuck" and nudity?

anyone know a decent streaming site?

There's no actual nudity in the show that I recall, though it does get pretty close, but they say fuck all the time after the first few episodes

tried couchtuner?

one of the /obscure/ kino desu

:) thanks darling

>the most based homosexual
This.

The foxes just sort of frollick, it alternates between them as foxes and them as naked humans lying together in the snow.

So instead of showing hardcore yiff shit you just see two humans having sex in the snow since that's how they perceive it.

>Syfy

Dropped. If there is a network that can drain all the fun from a good concept by retarded dialogue and edgy character decisions, it's Syfy.

>tfw ywn be a niffin and explore everything

I dropped Sense 8 in the second episode due to the over the top lgbt propaganda and I ALMOST dropped Magicians after that drunken 3 way episode but I hunkered down and stuck with it anyway.

Evidently there are two versions, the originally aired censored version and the re released uncensored version so if you torrent this shit make sure its the right one.

Luckily Netflix has the uncensored.

Don't care so long as we get more Summer Bishil in skanky outfits. Magicians is a top tier waifu show, second only to iZombie in that regard.

Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=EAqa_uHw2-4

Sneak Peak:
youtube.com/watch?v=eX-RlzgzBHA

White Lady sfx:
youtube.com/watch?v=1aHbGAR1wAc

Why do you faggots keep pandering to that shitty ""adult"" copy of The Librarians?

Fuck you all

You clearly haven't seen the show or read the books if you think this is a copy of Librarians in any way

How did a The Magicians thread get more than 5 replies? Someone explain this phenomena.

Yeah, and there's even more grim stuff in that episode. Eliot breaking down/snapping when Alice wants to save the children; Plover's wife/housekeeper killing the kid that spied on him.

Heavy stuff to be honest. It makes me wonder why the show was advertised as being all about partying and sex, and why season 2's trailer seems rather lighthearted/fun. I can understand the first season wanted to get people in - sex sells - but the second season looks different to what I was expecting.

Shilling by Netflix

This show is bad. It's fan fiction tier written by an actual fan fiction writer obsessed with Harry potter and twilight. KYS if you enjoyed this and aren't a chick or a faggot.

>why season 2's trailer seems rather lighthearted/fun. I can understand the first season wanted to get people in - sex sells - but the second season looks different to what I was expecting.

Well the show is based on a book series, and they are supposed to be in an enchanted land and stuff, but as they have a character point out in the trailer, they only LOOK whimsical.

I don't know - if you'd actually watched the show you'd see the inspiration is clearly Narnia.

By the author who has nothing to do with the show. The show runner is a fan fiction writer it painfully shows.

Nah, I don't see it. I mean the show runner might be a fan fiction writer in love with Harry Potter and Twilight, but the show is quite clearly meant to be similar to Narnia.