Other urls found in this thread:

eloratings.net
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

also
>no canada
fucking dropped

Make a new system, what a load of trash

Poland deserve it.

Portugal are choking away the top spot (surprise surprise, they aren't actually any good) in the group they're in with Switzerland, so Portugal don't deserve to be seeded.

How can Switzerland be so high, I don't understand?

switzerland is the most underrated nt in the world

It's not even necessary, they just need to take the elo ratings

Name a recent match Switzerland lost in 90 minutes

But apart from Portugal, what high-ranked teams have they played?

Adopting chess ELO system.

eloratings.net

Latvia, Andorra, Faroe Islands, Belarus, Latvia, Faroe Islands are tjheir last opponents

France and Poland

You can only beat what's in front of you. And they've been smart with forgoing friendlies. Those things drag down your coefficient.

I don't know how to fix it, at the end of the day it rewards teams for wining games.

It's a flawed system though, they can only play whatever teams are put in front of them in competitive matches.

Qualifiers for World Cup and confederation level qualifiers should carry less weighting, with less depreciation on major tournament results.

I remember that USA always used to be top 10 on the ranking thanks to playing meme International games all the time. Now they are even behind us.

This brings one question to mind: Why are UEFA qualifiers done with groups? Wouldn't it be simpler to just go with a league format, like CONMEBOL?

>Poland deserve it
>Lost 4-0- to denmark
Nice try miroslav

Elo rankings are still biased towards S.American teams

If that's true, how can Peru be number 15?

Too many countries to do that, the current set of qualifiers has 54 teams in it.

For a start, UEFA should get rid of some teams, for instance those far east teams whose name ends with -stan should be fucked off to the Asian confederation.

Then UEFA should implement 2 or 3 stage qualification like the rest of the world, so shitty meme teams like Gibraltar, San Marino and Andorra aren't clogging up the real qualification process.

A league of 54 teams, right?

More FBI raids

>How do fix this shit?
Just use the old system of Fifa Rankings + performance in previous two WCs to determine the seeded teams.

I don't know why the fuck they got rid of that,

>implying that switzerland wont get buttraped by GOATSUNALDO and lose in play off to Slovakia or Denmark or something

And they will continue to be rated low as long as they fail to reach the later stages of any major cup.
Being the kings of the qualifiers is fun and all, but what people really care about is the tournament itself.

WE

I thought friendlies artificially inflated your coefficient

Luxembourg are world killers, m8.

because it's very rare for south America/Europe to play each other outside of the world cup

argentina was top of the rankings pretty much throughout all of the 1930s - 1950s, despite only ever playing matches against uruguay

>We jewed the system really obviously by not playing friendlies at all recently, which is why the rankings system is getting changed so that friendlies mean more. Incidentally, not having friendlies bit >us in the ass a bit because we haven't really given aspiring NT players that much of a chance.
At the same time, the only games lost recently was a friendly against the Netherlands and the recent 4-0 Danish roflstomp when the team was exposed by heavy pressing.

The current qualifier system for UEFA worked fine back in the old days, when Yugoslavia or the Soviet Union weren't balkanized and microstates sat still in their backyards. Qualifiers were actually competitive with most countries in each group having a real chance at qualifying, like your sudaca league.

It should be remodeled to something like this now I know that Andorra, the Faroes and Luxembourg have achieved some great results in the current groups, but if we have qualifying filters as it happens for the UCL, the meme nations that pass them are the ones with higher chances of scoring an upset like Luxembourg just did.

The thing is the League of Europe thing will introduce the tiered system so I doubt if things would change for World qualifying.

yeah, that looks promising, but I think it won't replace the qualifiers, not even for the euros

we'll wait and see, does it start in the next season?

>it won't replace the qualifiers, not even for the euros
No, it's just even more qualifiers for the euros

PROTIP: You can't.