Portugal and Japan friendship thread

Portugal and Japan friendship thread

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1582_Cagayan_battles
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hasekura_Tsunenaga
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruff_(clothing)
ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/襞襟
theguardian.com/australia-news/2017/may/28/australian-convict-pirates-in-japan-evidence-of-1830-voyage-unearthed
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Who is holding umbrella?

different picture

Why do they have different skin tones?

BIG BLACK SHIPS

We picked up different-colour slaves in our way to Japan.

Plus, a year at sea makes you pretty tan.

Are those servants Thais?

Do you have still prototype model of those ships?

Burn Christians!

Not really, no.

Most of them sunk/decayed, and all our plans were in Lisbon when the 1755 earthquake happened, so we lost a lot of naval/discoveries-related knowledge.

We do know that we covered them in tar to seal any holes, which made them black, and that we had huge ships, out of vanity and to haul a lot of spices. Our largest ship was so insurmountably huge it was almost impossible to manoeuvre, and was likely the largest wooden ship in the world.

We did find a pretty complete sunken ship in our coast recently, which is being currently recovered.

They brought tiger here.

>We did find a pretty complete sunken ship in our coast recently, which is being currently recovered.

That's great news !

We were katholiks and shiet

It's probably one of the smaller ones and it's still covered by sand and rocks, but we are gathering money in order to properly excavate it.

Japs are simply unable to draw something that is not completely weird and terrifying

Yeah

We have many things left in memory of your stay.

It's a drawing of the sbimabara rebellion where thousands of catholics were killed.
The author is catholic aswell

What's the average japanese opinion on Portugal?Do they know kasutera,konpeito,tempura are of portuguese origin?

>Tfw Portugal never colonized my country
> Tfw we only got Portugalshsh second rate ally

I will never forgive you Tugas. I could have been born speaking Portuguese, but no, we had the English come instead.

What's the portuguese for tempura?

What are you talking about.

We are very good at drawing something weird.

Camarão/gambas fritas.
But we don't usually do it.
We use more fish than shrimp like cod/bacalhau

Disgusting portuguese,ducth,and spaniards.
Japan was better with the Sekuku ,they religion just shit up everyone

Burn pagan japs!

Most of us know it. Kasutera is delicious sweet.

peixinhos da horta

That's cool ship.

We barely touched Japan, we had, that is, many fights against samurai/ronin pirates, the Wokou.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1582_Cagayan_battles

But, fuck the portuguese, indeed.

>The general governor of the Philippines wrote to the king Philip II on 16 June 1582.[4]

>The Japanese are the most belligerent people here. They bring artillery, many arquebusiers and pikemen. Body armor. All provided from the works of the portuguese, whom have showed to them for the bad of their souls (sic) ...

This is a world map drew on paper wall at that time.

my ancestor :)

kinda related

multiple images in one post when?

what happened with his face

Their trousers were influenced with Arabian culture. Why?

Nope.It was used in europe at the time.
You exaggerated the trousers in the painting they were less baggy and more short

But it's just a replica right ? from what I know Naus were top secret so people don't know how to exactly do them nowadays

No.It's not a replica

Portugal bring first foreign samurai to Japan
And he a BLACK from Mozambique. Very funny

>whom have showed to them for the bad of their souls (sic) ...

Do you people learn about our relationships at history class?
How do people learn? Asia as whole or Japan alone?

Of course.
We learn specifically about India, China and Japan. The rest just a little bit.

nice !

What is this white stuff? What is this for?

>In Portuguese the word "banzé" (how it would have looked and sounded to the Portuguese in Japan in the 16th century), directly taken from the Japanese "banzai," is still used as meaning a lot of noise made by a gathering of people.

A E S T H E T I C S

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hasekura_Tsunenaga
>Approximately 700 inhabitants of Coria del Río bear the surname Japón (originally Hasekura de Japón), identifying them as descendants of the members of Hasekura Tsunenaga's delegation.[41]
I met one such person once. He was a nice chap.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruff_(clothing)
Or, if you prefer
ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/襞襟

We learn that the Portuguese were the first Europeans to make contact with Japan. And that we left things like words and recipes.

It was for posture: "The stiffness of the garment forced upright posture, and their impracticality led them to become a symbol of wealth and status."

Was this painting the inspiration for berserk?

Francisco de Xavier
He is most well known Portuguese person at history class.

>Francisco de Xavier
>most well known Portuguese
He was Spanish from Navarre

japan is so big on the map

I don't know who are they. Spanish?

Šta se ono, šta se ono na Dinari sjaji
Đujićeva, Đujićeva kokarda na glavi

These guys

>he was Spanish from Navarre
You Castillians sure have your way with words. He was a Navarrean, just like I am a Portuguese. There was no Spain back then. His kingdom later fell and he went to work for ours.

Do you guys think our ancestors were very xenophobic?

They (Portuguese, Spanish and Dutch) seemed pretty comfy in most of drawings.

What did you Russians do at that era?
Didn't you guys have ships?

You were just not accepting of catholicism even though in anime catholicism is seen with good eyes

They had never seen such weird looking foreigners before. I'm sure our drawings weren't that much better.

That's my mistake, sorry.

If you want to know about Portugal

The root of anime right here.

You're not that mistaken. First of all he was never Spanish, second he worked more for the Portuguese than anyone else. Although technically he would be Navarrean.

I'm literally from Navarre, although I live in Catalonia. It's a former Spanish kingdom, just like Castille was. Spain = Hispania = Iberia, only after the restoration war the Portuguese denied their Hispanic/Spanish identity, a bit like Austrians denying their German identity after WWII.

Your stretching it so far it's not even funny. Pretty sure no one ever called themselves "spanish" back then. That's a concept that came to be in Romantic times. The only concept that did exist were the Spains (Espanhas/Españas) meaning various kingdoms within the peninsula.
Dude was Navarrean, end of discussion. Otherwise lets just call all Portuguese exploration """"Spanish"""" and while we're at it lets claim Columbus was Spanish too, why not

This is your ship inJapan.

Portugal existed long before the Restoration War silly

another footage

Very nice

You don't understand, most foreigner don't seem to understand this concept and some Portuguese try to deny it due to nationalistic pride.

Spain, as a word, comes etymologically from "Hispania", which was the whole iberian peninsula under Roman times.

When the Northern Christian kingdoms fought the Moors, they always talked about retaking "Hispania/España/Espanha/Espanya", even the Portuguese and the Aragonese talked about Spain as its own kingdom to restore, long before it was ever formed or the Moors were defeated. When talking about the diverse Iberian Christian kindoms, many people refered to them as "Las Españas" or "The Spains"

Spain was an agglutinating nation with an agglutinating name, like Germany was for the Germanic kingdoms/peoples, it's only a sad twist of history that Castille basically stole that name and concept all for themselves.

I'm too tired for this shit, Tsunderetal.

>it's only a sad twist of history that Castille basically stole that name and concept all for themselves.
This.

Then """America""" did the same bullshit.

And now you have no good words for specifically referring to Hispanics, Southern Americans, Latinos or Iberians with precision.

Fucking Castillians.

Japan and Portugal are NOT friends

We are very old friend.

You are a cruel, sickening country

You don't have any friends because you're fucking mean but you somehow still think you're nice

Who are you to say we are not? Fuck off to the desert cunt.

Who do you think you are, m8?

Yes, the American case is another good one, they stole the "America" name and concept all for themselve when Argentinians, Brazilians or Guatemalans should be as American as them, as much as a French and a Bulgarian are both Europeans.

I assume a similar case might happen in the future with the European Union taking the name and concept of Europe all for themselves and the few Euros that remain outside it will stop being considered European.

>because you're fucking mean

wut?

The EU/Europe is confusing enough to have its own race of pedants clarifying it every time from the get-go, as opposed to the other examples.

I know we were the first europeans to reach Japan, nothing more, and this is how Japanese describded us in 1571:

"These men (the Portuguese) are merchants ... They drink in a glass without offering it to others. They eat with their fingers (1) and not with chopsticks like us ... They are people who spend their lives traveling From there to beyond, without a right address, and exchange products that have the ones they do not have, but deep down they are not bad people. "

*Crónica Teppo-Ki (adaptado)

and the chinese described us like this:

"It can be said that the first objective of the Fu-lang-chi (the Portuguese) to China was the commerce (...).
Fu-lang-chi people are tall and have big noses. The eyes are like those of the cat and the shape of the mouth like that of the eagle. The hair grows on the backs of their hands, and their beards are red. They love commerce and, based on their military power, have a habit of invading and oppressing smaller countries. They go to any place where there is profit ... They wear clean and beautiful clothes ... Whenever a dispute arises, they point to the sky and swear to tell the truth. "

*História de Ming (adaptado)

this was how africans described us when we reached there:

"A day from the sea came a great ship, white wings, and shining like knives in the sun, white men came out of the water, saying words that no one understood, our ancestors were afraid and thought they were Vumbi, souls of the other world. They managed to make them return to the sea by shooting clouds of arrows, but the "Vumbi" began to spit fire with a noise of thunder .... "

* African oral tradition, in F. Braudel, Material Civilization ... III.

Sorry but Spain/Espana =/= Hispania(which was what was called the iberian peninsula by the romans.
You simply joined the kingdom of castille and aragon and called it the kingdom of spain.

I'm big bruce and I'm gonna split open your tiny jap boipussi m8

It isn't now, but it was pre-1492.

The whole point of the Reconquista was to restore the old Hispania, but we didn't like the Castillians enough to join the gang, and dropped out of the band whilst they kept the name.

>Muh Castile is evil, muh everything is Castile's fault waaaaah
Fuck all of you, Castile suffered the most from all the fucking nations in Iberia, Spain wasn't even a fucking centralized government until the Bourbons arrived, you mongs, the Aragonese territories and the Castillian ones were remained as if it never joined with Castile until the frenchies arrived. Fuck you and your shitty propaganda.

Spain will lost catalunya muahahah

Spain stole the name from Roman map

The Castilians were stupid for letting the French come and ruin it all.

Just like we were stupid in 1580, but not in 1385.

I'm not talking about neither of these topics.
>Castillians were stupid for letting the French come and ruin it all.
On the fucking contrary, the Habsburgs destroyed Castile, they stole everything of wealth they had and when Castile tried to have a minimum representation on the government, it got fucking destroyed, Castillians didn't even have any idea about what the Bourbons were going to do afterwards, they just wanted to live in peace but every fucking retarded dinasty after de Trastamara treated Castile as a fucking turd, hence why it is so fucking abandoned nowadays.

This is a bruce who came to Japan first around 1830. lel

Australian convict pirates in Japan: evidence of 1830 voyage unearthed | Australia news | The Guardian
theguardian.com/australia-news/2017/may/28/australian-convict-pirates-in-japan-evidence-of-1830-voyage-unearthed

KAWAII

Dude, calm down, we like you as brother's.....

We also learned about dutch amd japanese friendship. But then you stab us in the back.

They (Portuguese) still needs to payback for crime.

>every fucking retarded dinasty after de Trastamara treated Castile as a fucking turd
pretty much this

What's the dark colour on the Eurasian area meant to mean?

What was portuguese rule in Malacca/Malaysia like?

Sorry :(