Just got back from seeing this and thoroughly enjoyed it

Just got back from seeing this and thoroughly enjoyed it.

What'd you fags think?

>Morpheus: "shieeeet nigga how long you been awake without pussy foe that you needed to ruins that young girls life"

>memelord: "1 year"

>Morpheus: "GOT DAMN NIGGA, 1 YEAR without pussy? I can see why you did it ya know what im sayun

>Me: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

It's a pretty memorable and original sci fi, despite it's plot holes the overall story was really great.

i nearly teared up at the end when everyone woke up 88 years later and discovered what they'd done to the place

and honestly I would've done the exact same thing the main character did.

I agree. I probably would too. And he was totally vindicated since to repair the ship they required two people.

What plot holes do you mean?

(you)

so you pick a chick youd like to bang, totally need that for the mission right?

If he hadn't have woken her up, there would have been no in Engineering to pull the manual release while he was outside holding the outer door open.

he didn't know that. he was just a selfish prick.

>ship is badly broken
>manual switches and maintanance on the exterior of the ship required to fix the problems
>doesn't wake up any maintainance crew to fix it and if it did it would basically leave them stranded

>cryotubes can only be used once and no one even pondered the possibility of a failure that would leave people stranded when building these interstellar ships

>only ONE medical bed for a ship with 5000 fucking people

>android bartender blatantly breaking promise not to tell girl that jim woke her up, instead of having the fact slip out he straight up tells her that he woke her up even though he promised Jim he wouldn't.

No idea what the plot is about, but I have no intention of seeing it as they cast two of the most overrated, annoying actors of the current Hollywood generation

>implying you wouldn't have woken Jennifer Lawrence up
>spend the rest of your life eating a restaurants for free, drinking for free, enjoying the best view possible and fucking Jennifer Lawrence for the rest of your life

Yeah, no. You'd have just settled for getting blown by the bartender.

>original sci fi
t. illiterate millennial

>yfw never wake up 10 of the hottest grills and after a year or so every one of them is dying for a sex and you're the only male available so they're practically fighting for your dick

Pratt's character confirmed he and JLaw don't keep secrets from each other. Are you dense?

What's similar?

Oh ok, that's pretty clever, thanks user. retract that last plothole, the rest still stands though.

I thought it was awesome and interesting until Morpheus came out of nowhere and suddenly the movie tried to become Armageddon or some shit.

They should have just focused on the two characters and their relationship. All the cliche action scenes ruined the movie for me. They weren't interesting and got in the way of what I felt the movie was about.

They did kind of address the cryotubes too. They said that they were only capable of maintaining their sleep, not initiating it because that required a lab/team, etc. to do.

Also, some of the sleeping crew could be doctors and the medical pod would be saved for dire circumstances.

>implying you can manipulate Jennifer Lawrence into a relationship with you for the rest of her life

she would've continued hating him or would've killed herself eventually like jim pondered earlier in the flick, them being forced to work together is why they fell for each other again

Where did the birds and shit come from at the end? Are we supposed to believe that they evolved from bacteria to birds in just 70-80 years?!

I thought Morpheus and the action was necessary. Morpheus rationalized his decision to wake her up to her. Giving someone else's perspective.

Also, the shit they had to go through to save the ship brought them back together. She also would have known at this point that if he hadn't have woken her up, everybody would be dead.

That's the beauty of Stockholm Syndrome, user.

They showed frozen animals in the cargo hold. Presumably to be used to populate the colony.

I would have liked the movie more if Chris Pratt died

Yeah, and that felt so forced to me. It was typical Hollywood bullshit.

Ah. Okay. I must have missed that.

still though, at the start of the movie the ships computer acknowledges the fact that his pod was being stopped prematurely. there should've been procedures like a panic button in the cryo room if someone was woken up early.

Its super unlikely the designers of these ships/cryotubes didn't ask what if questions

>It's a pretty memorable and original sci fi

uhh, you guys aren't serious are you?

>chris pratt dying
b-but... he's /OURguy/

>memorable
I had the same feeling walking out of the theater as i did when i watched Wall-E and it was pretty memorable
>Original
Name 5 movies that have the same plotline user, i dare u faggot

Nice.

Is he really a conservative christian? I find that unlikely giving how smart and down to earth he seems. Not to mention all the Sci-Fi roles he takes.

Soundtrack was 10/10
www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLwfCfiHwIA

>I find that unlikely giving how smart and down to earth he seems
are you implying that all conservatives are dumb and unlikable? Racist.

And it's another thread ruined by infants from Sup Forums

It would have been so much better with real sets

How? What was lacking in the sets?

what sets were fake?

>Christian

Dropped

It was all CGI

>>android bartender blatantly breaking promise not to tell girl that jim woke her up, instead of having the fact slip out he straight up tells her that he woke her up even though he promised Jim he wouldn't.

DESU Jim said something that the android misinterpreted as he had told her already. I forgot the wording, but picked up on it as it happened and knew he'd blow the secret shortly.

Conservative is not a race.

Mate they would just wake up another male

He only became a christian after his son almost died or something

>implying the stupid cunts would be able to figure out how to override the system

Not even baiting, dude.