litreactor.com/columns/writing-powerful-descriptions
cdn.writershelpingwriters.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Active-Verbs-List.pdf

>Free Screenwriting Software
story.adobe.com/
storywriter.amazon.com/
trelby.org/
writerduet.com/
celtx.com/

>Fountain - a simple screenplay markup format, compatible with many screenplay apps and text editors alike
fountain.io/

Other urls found in this thread:

literatureandlatte.com/scrivener.php
lukejames7.wordpress.com/scriptwriting/22-steps-notes/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What is the best way to get my project organized? Characters, locations, scene concepts, research, etc.

I am writing a fantasy screenplay; I am not the most organized guy in the world and the scale of information in my head is overwhelming for me to mentally sift through. I need a way to put it down and easily access it when I need to.

I must be loyle to my capo

Finished my first draft on december.
Its 10pages too short, about to start reworking on it next week to view it with new eyes.

People have mostly liked it and i think its good but could use some new stuff.

I hope this year will be """my"""" year.

Try Scrivener.

literatureandlatte.com/scrivener.php

Basically the premise is there is a bomber that sets up time bombs, but the display clock is actually slows down the closer it gets to detonation.

So one man Ein McGuffin the best god damn rouge bomb squad agent in the land must solve the case

He's met with sarcastic black assisstant Pablo as they go on whacky adventures all the way through China town to Argentina.

about 20 episodes in it turns out they were the bombers all along and make off with the ransom money.

Every episode revolves around over dramatic, OMG it's a bomb, person finding a bomb. Some episodes they fight traffic and don't make it in time or it blows up just as they are outside while other bomb agents are trying to dismantle it. Most episodes they get there on time and find unique ways to destroy the bomb. Other times the bomb goes off but it's just a prank.

I'm thinking Mel Gibson for the lead and Tom Hanks for the black guy

Bump. These die to fast.

Got a few ideas. Working on the western since it's more Oscar-baitey and I like the themes I want to explore.

Any other guys plan on sending there work to a contest.

Also guys remember you can send your stuff to Amazon. They have free entry to their studio.

I have a two ideas that I want to send to contests, a few others that I want to actually film, and a few pipe dream ones (big budget action flick).

I need to get a fucking job first.

Good luck with that, user.

>tfw no open screenplay project on github taking pull requests from various writers to complete a screenplay in a truly collaborative manner

Uhhhhhh how do I come up with ideas

> Wait for them to come randomly.

> Wait for what-if's to pop up in your head while watching something

> Think of a what-if relating to a real event in history.

That's where most of mine come from.

Yeah, okay OP, I get it. You hate directors for some fucking reason or another, but can we talk about the visual shit? This is a failed thread.

How do I design a characters well?

Another question then, how do I develop ideas?

They usually come to me while exercising or taking a shower.

is there even a good reason to use scriptwriting software?

I always used a word template for my school projects.

What comes to you? What the fuck are you even saying?

> Think of idea

> Write logline

> Outline

> First draft

How do you come up with your fucking outline? What's hard to understand about my question?

Use Writers Duet, free and easy to use.

Everyone handles outlines a different way. For my first draft, I'll write out a progression of events and their plot points. The 7 plot points are:

> Backstory

> Catalyst (aka Inciting Incident)

> Big Event

> Midpoint

> Crisis

> Climax

> Resolution

Google "The Magnificent 7 Plot Points"(unrelated to the movie)

For the first draft, if you're like me, you'll fill in the gaps in between the events while writing it.

It's important to note that all stories may not fit the 7. There's other approaches out there two like Truby's 22 step outline.

lukejames7.wordpress.com/scriptwriting/22-steps-notes/

Just forget it, but thank you, anyway. I appreciate that you stayed level-headed with me.

Finally figured out the opening scene to the first episode of my TV show. Feels real good.