Did americans apologize to japanese people for what they did ?

did americans apologize to japanese people for what they did ?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atomic_bombings_of_Hiroshima_and_Nagasaki#Events_of_August_7.E2.80.939
youtube.com/watch?v=awBHprMiG7Y
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Did japanese apologize to korean or chinese for nanking?

Nope. Kim need to teach them a lesson or two.

who cares?

No and we never will because we can't risk looking wrong about dropping nukes.

Aplogizing isnt going to de-vaporize uncle Haohmaru

They did apologize for putting Japanese people in camps. Don't know if they apologized for nuking them

>ended war before ruskies could invade
>saved millions from eventual land invasion and fighting
>Japan didnt get the message after the first nuke dropped

we did nothing wrong

I don't think the right thing is to reach back into history and to seek out things you can apologise for. I think the right thing is to acknowledge what happened, to recall what happened, to show respect and understanding for what happened.

Anyway they will voluntarily

>ruskies could invade
They did anyway. Check "Invasion of South Sakhalin."
>Japan didnt get the message after the first nuke dropped
The US dropped the first and the second nukes KNOWING that Japan was surrendering.

I suppose it was a 'logical' choice for the US at that time to use the new bombs on Japan, but let's not skew the historical facts so that Americans today can feel good about themselves.

They did want to surrender after the first nuke. The Japanese wanted Hideki Tojo to stay as the leader of Japan but the US didn't agree so they dropped the second nuke. After that Hideki Tojo resigned from power.

You just used it to show off and tell enemies (russia) to not fuck with you.

Get lost with your saviour attitude, defending this means you're scum

Why? they deserved it.

apologize for what? we should've dropped them on tokyo

Tojo was a prime minister who was appointed to repress the army to avoid the war, but he failed.
Staying in power wasn't his intention.

>Read this carefully as it may save your life or the life of a relative or friend. In the next few days, some or all of the cities named on the reverse side will be destroyed by American bombs. These cities contain military installations and workshops or factories which produce military goods. We are determined to destroy all of the tools of the military clique which they are using to prolong this useless war. But, unfortunately, bombs have no eyes. So, in accordance with America's humanitarian policies, the American Air Force, which does not wish to injure innocent people, now gives you warning to evacuate the cities named and save your lives. America is not fighting the Japanese people but is fighting the military clique which has enslaved the Japanese people. The peace which America will bring will free the people from the oppression of the military clique and mean the emergence of a new and better Japan. You can restore peace by demanding new and good leaders who will end the war. We cannot promise that only these cities will be among those attacked but some or all of them will be, so heed this warning and evacuate these cities immediately.

Nips had fair warning.

Regardless of how many lives or how much time it saved in the short term, our country should have never dropped those fucking bombs. The world didn't end so now we and other countries have been encouraged that we can use nuclear weapons as leverage to settle issues. Worst of all, it's ability to be fired quickly and vaporize anything abstracts the horrors of war away from seeing what people go through, and has the same mindlessness as a child kicking building blocks over. Never, ever, ever should have been developed or used, and at least for my sake I will say that I am deeply sorry that the existential threat that is the nuclear bomb was ever mass produced, trivialized, and twisted into something to be praised.

Other people would have built the bomb eventually faggot. Why should have more American boys died in godforsaken nip territory just because muh feefees? Did the Japanese care when they killed thousands of innocents at Pearl Harbor? No.

the rest of the world should be thanking america for what they did, saved countless allied lives

Thanks america for saving so many allied lives.Should of dropped them earlier desu

Because now we're in a situation where the amount of lives that could be lost because of this weapon, especially given the current crisis with North Korea, could potentially be much greater than anything you could imagine from a World War II battle. Tens of millions of lives are now at stake. I'm sure you're familiar with John F. Kennedy's speech where he likened the nuclear threat to the story of Damocles.

Where is the hard copy of the flyer?

I don't know. I suppose what those bombs could do to humans must have been actually demonstrated some point in the history.

Not the guy you responded to, but goddamn are you stupid.
>especially given the current crisis with North Korea
There are hundreds of BILLIONS of dollars worth of military hardware in the U.S to prevent an ICBM from reaching our shores.
You're a fucking moron if you're actually worried about North Korea. All of that news coverage is to distract you from the fact that this country is becoming a corporate-run plutocracy.

To terrify people into using them sparingly? I can sort of understand that, but how awful that your country was made out to be the one to "test" it on.

The tension I have felt in the last ten days has been gut-wrenching. I've even vomited. I feel like crying but I don't know if that would make it better or worse. I should focus on living my life because the entire situation is out of my hands, but I can't help but feel for other people, no matter how far away they are.

I'll admit I'm not well versed on missile defense tech, so it's a comforting thought to think we have so much of it, but could you tell me how effective they are? I'm sure they've put this tech to the test with simulations or whatever, but do they have a high percentage of disabling any incoming missiles?

>Ninety minutes after it began, the attack was over. 2,008 sailors were killed and 710 others wounded; 218 soldiers and airmen (who were part of the Army until the independent U.S. Air Force was formed in 1947) were killed and 364 wounded; 109 marines were killed and 69 wounded; and 68 civilians were killed and 35 wounded. In total, 2,403 Americans died and 1,178 were wounded.

>68 civilians were killed

wow.

>commit a pussy sneak attack
>kill thousands of american soldiers AND kill civilians
>cry when you get nuked twice

kys

do you love japan

>Pearl Harbor was as bad as two nuclear bombs
are you retarded?

Of course it's awful. It's so beyond my imagination that I feel it's impertinent to say that I feel sorry for the victims.
What I know is that the US treated Japan in very civilised ways after the war, provided protection with the demilitarised nation over many decades, and people of Japan enjoyed peace and prosperity under the protection.
It's a miracle that two countries fought so harshly less than a century ago are now great allies.
That's something we should be proud of, and other nations should learn from it.

Some people need to be irrational to deal with their guilt.

>dead nips
literally who cares

that was basically beating up an enemy so hard until it's half dead and accepts to be your slave

I believe it is not guilt, just thinking than 1 victim of them equals a thousand of enemies victims

No, the past is in the past, I though the nips would be able to appreciate that considering their sordid history in China.

Anyone who complains about the nukes should read up on the firebombing of Tokyo.

nanjing is good. can't wait for the second one to commence.

It's okay. We killed American auto industry in 80s together with Germans. We had our revenge.

Japan needs no apologies from the most hypocrite country in the world

My mother's family had a house in central Tokyo.
I could be worth a couple of million dollars if there wasn't the firebombing.

implying
it's the land that cost shit, not some wooden building which would have been leveled in 50ss anyway

did i say it was, retard?

dont really care about you nips, you got what you deserved

Japan cannot afford the US feeling guilty about the war right now.

>APOROGISE
nips acting like nigs now.

They owned the land under the house too.

I'm sorry

Probably I hadn't been born if my mum was from a rich family anyway.

Japan needs their own nuke

but the land didn't disappear after the fire bombing

if they lost it it's because of the post-war chaos or something

>Herro America, here is a reasonable peace offer we extend to you in the hopes that the soviet union will back off, we fully submit and all we ask is that we be allowed to keep our emperor which will most likely be the outcome regardless
>[autistic nuking]

> muh pearl harbor
I doubt americans know more about ww2 japan

>chaos
that's it. also under the current Japanese law, you can become the rightful owner of a piece of land legally by living there for 10-20 years.

fuck no

Don't start a war if you want to surrender with conditions

>start shit
>get hit
>cry about it

Yeah USA needed to nuke the 2nd there wasn't no reason for that anymore. Japan was already with peace talks.

Smart words.

I copy pasted from David Cameron's comment on a massacre in India.

Still smart words

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atomic_bombings_of_Hiroshima_and_Nagasaki#Events_of_August_7.E2.80.939
this war was not about attempting to alleviate the suffering of our enemies, it was about winning
there ought not to have been fighting spirit left in the Japanese people by the end of it, and that spirit still lingered after Hiroshima.

Either succumb to the demands of your opponent or continue to fight, there is no middle ground to be had here.

Then forgive Germany. They paid enough.

We all did here.

Every choice in life is not binary.

this is true, but the weight of events had escalated the weight of decisions.
A conclusion to a war such as that was going to have terms of our choosing, it was a war we didn't ask for, and it was then going to end on terms that we DID ask for.

>wikipedia
>american history
I understand you try to justify this, but there was no point for the 2nd nuke. Japan was already making peace talks.

Did Russians apologize to other Russians for what they did to their own people during the entirety of the first half of the 20th century?

Japan just deserved it. Two wasn’t even enough compared with what japan had done in the war. Nukes also saved millions of innocent asian lives that was going to be killed by japs by ending the war early.

>By August 8,[178] the 50,000-watt standard wave station on Saipan the OWI radio station, broadcast a similar message to Japan every 15 minutes about Hiroshima, stating that more Japanese cities would face a similar fate in the absence of immediate acceptance of the terms of the Potsdam Declaration and emphatically urged civilians to evacuate major cities. Radio Japan, which continued to extoll victory for Japan by never surrendering,[86] had informed the Japanese of the destruction of Hiroshima by a single bomb.[179]

>Prime Minister Suzuki felt compelled to meet the Japanese press, to whom he reiterated his government's commitment to ignore the Allies' demands and fight on.[180] The Japanese government did not react. Emperor Hirohito, the government, and the war council considered four conditions for surrender: the preservation of the kokutai (Imperial institution and national polity), assumption by the Imperial Headquarters of responsibility for disarmament and demobilization, no occupation of the Japanese Home Islands, Korea, or Formosa, and delegation of the punishment of war criminals to the Japanese government.[181]

>On August 7, a day after Hiroshima was destroyed, Dr. Yoshio Nishina and other atomic physicists arrived at the city, and carefully examined the damage. They then went back to Tokyo and told the cabinet that Hiroshima was indeed destroyed by an atomic bomb. Admiral Soemu Toyoda, the Chief of the Naval General Staff, estimated that no more than one or two additional bombs could be readied, so they decided to endure the remaining attacks, acknowledging "there would be more destruction but the war would go on".[184] American Magic codebreakers intercepted the cabinet's messages.[185]

>wikipedia again
And the 2nd best thing was to bomb is nuke another civilian city

In what univerise is it preferable to nuke civilian targets? Please tell me. Maybe it's the american way

>muh Wikipedia
yes, they're LYING of course, it's all part of our Anglo-Saxon conspiracy!

What if preferable is not having a war in the first place.
When Japan declared war on us, they in their arrogance thought that they could declare total war on the rest of the world and that this could not happen to them.
PREFERENCE would say that war is not to happen, but when you go to visit harm on others, you cannot demand that they spare you the suffering they were happy to visit upon others.

I guess it's really impossible for you to understand. IN WHAT WAY IS IT OK TO NUKE CIVILIANS?
I would understand using nukes for military targets.

it's ok because we are going to win the war. it's ok because it will be won on our terms, and without having done so, they were not going to agree to our terms.
do not declare total war on others if you are not willing to reconcile others doing the same to you.

IN WHAT WAY IS IT OK TO NUKE CIVILIANS?
I ask again. You could've used nukes against military targets. There's no way justifying killing innocent civilians.

>was surrendering
It wasn't though. They waited for ages for the surrender, even warned you of the nukes and only did it when Japan continuously refused and denied. It was a good thing because Japan would take a long time to surrender in a conventional invasion, many more would die, potentially tens of millions depending on how long the indoctrination and morale would hold. More died to firebombing than nukes, but nukes are so amazingly destructive, they forced Japan into submission out of fear of such a power.

You are lucky amerilards are bound to Judaeo-christian values and the international community. Many other nations in such a position would keep firebombing and nuking till half of Japan was dead with little recourse in diplomacy, just out of spite.

>In what univerise is it preferable to nuke civilian targets? Please tell me. Maybe it's the american way

i have read recently an old american book, some crappy war fiction in the near future, but written back in 80-90ss

so, it begins that americans deploy their forces against south africa but south africa made a deal with japan (lol) and japan sent there their new laser-armed helicopters. american dated apaches are destroyed by those toshiba helicopters and usa tries to surrender but south africans begin to bomb their fleeing column with napalm bombs (i.e. basically what burgers did in iraq, see the highway of death), the americans order their nuclear submarine... what would you think? i personally would think if you have to use nukes you should nuke their airbase with all those toshiba laser helicopters and shit, but no, they ordered it to nuke the capital of south africa...

that was only the very beginning of the book, it also had russians who were bad in computers but good at torturing people so they invented a device to torture computers etc etc

out of curiosity i visited goodreads of that book and it is full of positive reviews. the author of the book also said it was distinctly american

because a city is where the manpower, the recruitment, the propaganda, the steel is manufactured, the wood is cut, where the tanks are built, where the planes are built, where the rifles are built, where the machine guns are built, where the ammunition is built, and where the war is supported.
that city facilitated Japan's homicidal and arrogant attack on East Asia and the United States, and it was going to continue to do so.
That city not only had some military targets, but it had civilians that were vital to Japan's war machine.

that city was Japanese, and it was Japan that declared that war.

They kindof had to be put in camps. Does anybody even know how fucking batshit crazy and nationalistic they were? We even had some problems with ethnic Germans here

Military targets are amongst civilians and not worth the destructive power alone. The reason Japan surrendered is because USA demonstrated that they had the ability to level cities with impunity (Japan had no AA or aircraft at the time, they had shitty tech in the regard to begin with). Killing a couple thousand soldiers and a compound would not force the surrender.

All warring parties at all points in time have killed civilians and destroyed living and production areas, as these are key in warfare. They are not exempt despite centuries-long romanticism.

>usa tries to surrender but south africans begin to bomb their fleeing column with napalm bombs (i.e. basically what burgers did in iraq, see the highway of death)
Iraqi forces were retreating, not surrendering.
A surrendering enemy goes to the enemy to be captured and relinquish their role as a combatant.
A retreating enemy goes away from the enemy to regroup, resupply, and fight on at a different time and/or place.

I don't mind really. It turned pretty good in the end. But firebombs and nukes of civilians. Just doesn't compute - when Americans say they dindu nuffin

sure sure, they chaotically fled the country they were ordered to flee but they were about to regroup :^)

even the general who ordered it said he did it as an act of vengeance for their supposed crimes against the people of kuwait which is basically extrajudical killings

oh we did something alright, we engaged them as they engaged others, we beat them into submission as they had every intention of doing to others because war is won by victory, not be mercy.

surrender or you are still a combatant. pardon should not be given to an enemy soldier who has not surrender.

You have no idea how japs at that time was(and still is) insane. I can't imagine japan would have surrendered without nukes on the cities. They propagated their civilians to fight on until a hundred millions of japanese die out. They also trained their children and women how to fight with "evil american soldiers" using bamboo spears. So technically there was no civilian in japan, everyone was soldiers.

>IN WHAT WAY IS IT OK TO NUKE CIVILIANS?
>I would understand using nukes for military targets.

I guess that's the difference between us. We try protect the civilian life while you don't see any difference.

>finns
>We try protect the civilian life
literally helped nazi to siege leningrad where people died from hunger so no food could be delivered there

I don't know about the other people in this thread, but I don't believe that we "dindu nuffin," plenty of Americans are aware of the human cost of the bombs and would never want to have to repeat those attacks. I've been to Japan and really liked the country and talking and hanging out with people there. But from the perspective of a total war situation in which we were seeking unconditional surrender from an (at the time) unrepentant enemy nation, if it was true that these nukes prevented a chaotic land invasion (in which my grandpa would have possibly participated), I view that as a better result in a horrible scenario.

I would at least hope that it had taught us to not want to wage that kind of war in the modern era, but recently it's seemed like the people at the levers of power in my country want that kind of war again.

Well, you did try to invade them....................

it was after the winter war

fucking west gave them a free ticket out, they had to be redded for their crimes but welp

>drag a war out, and kill more of your own men, or
>kill a bunch of civilians and end the war immediately
It sucks, but would any country done it differently in that time period?

We weren't part of that that siege, neither we didn't break Murmansk-Leningrad railway when we could've.
Our lines were like 100km off Leningrad

Both cities were known to hold important military bases. They didn't just targeted civilians, it was just a collateral damage. It's just japan's fault to place those in the center of cities.

you should be happy for the nukes otherwise youd be speaking russian

For the next three years, the Finns did little to contribute to the battle for Leningrad, maintaining their lines.[42] Their headquarters rejected German pleas for aerial attacks against Leningrad[43] and did not advance farther south from the Svir River in occupied East Karelia (160 kilometres northeast of Leningrad), which they had reached on 7 September. In the southeast, the Germans captured Tikhvin on 8 November, but failed to complete their encirclement of Leningrad by advancing further north to join with the Finns at the Svir River. On 9 December, a counter-attack of the Volkhov Front forced the Wehrmacht to retreat from their Tikhvin positions in the River Volkhov line.[2][4]

youtube.com/watch?v=awBHprMiG7Y
english

BASED
A
S
E
D

two nukes were not enough

cuck

We never apologised for trying to take half of their territory tho

lol

NANKING NEVA 4 GET