en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valens#Gothic_War
marchofthetitans.com/nordic-desert-empire-ancient-egypt/
theapricity.com/earlson/history/emperors.htm
journals.plos.org/plosgenetics/article?id=10.1371/journal.pgen.1003316
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_History_of_the_Decline_and_Fall_of_the_Roman_Empire
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=17&v=YfOahQierMQ
youtube.com/watch?v=fPYuhjBqkCQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Weep, you girls. My penis has given you up. Now it penetrates men’s behinds. Goodbye, wondrous femininity!

FYI, the Romans were all black men.

I've been watching the "rise of the barbarians" show and I couldn't help but notice they paint all the invading hordes as good guys.

I was watching it at the bar the other night but it had no sound. Did they actually portray Hannibal Barca as a black guy?

Yeah, he looks like the rapper/actor "common."

Aka black guy.

SENATUS POPULUMSQUE ROMANI

Based

pompeii

>tfw shitposting has been around since the Romans

Thanks OP. I tried getting this going by hyjacking a different thread.

serious question

how did they get BTFO by a bunch of germanic tribesmen

Ace

Immigration, spread too thin, degeneracy.

Post all your Roman memes

Shitposting was always around, except in caveman times it probably was literally shit posting

We wuz Kangs!

After the Crisis of the Third Century, most of Western Rome's Comitatenses, Palatani, and Limitanei were made up of Germanic tribesmen, loyal not to the state, but to their legates. Civil war and mass immigration were the final nails in the coffin. The East did fine until the Great Schism, then they were alone against the Muslim hordes.

When there was a good conversation of grunts going on the Australian and Canadian cavemen would bend over and spray diarrhea all over the walls.

>you will never experience aristocratic Roman life when the empire was at its peak

Why even live?

I think it translate as boys rather than men.

you could be living a life of such debauchery.
the only difference is now you would call it degeneracy.

Christians.

I've never really understood why people doubt this. Barring extremely abnormal circumstances, most modern populations are related to the populations that used to live there. Like it is so fucking unusual to not have this relationship with native ancestry, that it's extremely obvious when it is.

>Americas? Majority of population is not related to the population of a thousand years ago barring certain regions.
>Australia? Same deal.
>Anywhere else? No, their population hasn't been completely decimated and replaced.

WE

>I've never really understood why people doubt this.

Nordicism arose from an inferiority complex. They had to explain away the contradiction between their belief of racial superiority and the fact that Civilisation flourished in the south first. Why did ancient Greeks have science and philosophy and cities and trade and we didn’t?

So they concocted this myth that Meds were actually Nords! They darkened due to race mixing. None of this makes sense though.

not even back then i would like to live on a overpopulated city, i rather take a vineyard in Toscana

You're a grown man now, you don't have to go to church anymore, mommy and daddy can't force you

>Why did civilizations develop well in places with access to sea trade, mild winters, and productive agriculture

I dunno.

Where did it all go so wrong?

>wales with that name at that time

>I dunno.

Nordic migrations from the north obviously.

marchofthetitans.com/nordic-desert-empire-ancient-egypt/

Chapter 8: Nordic Desert Empire—Ancient Egypt

Although situated in North Africa, Egypt had been settled by three white groups prior to 3500 BC, namely Old European Mediterranean types, Proto-Nordics, and Nordic Indo-Europeans.

Skeletal evidence from grave sites show that the original white Mediterraneans and Proto-Nordics were a majority in the area.

Teutoburg best day of my life, glory to Arminius

What are we defining as white?

Hadrian's Wall was 80 Roman miles or 117.5 km (73.0 mi) long;its width and height varied according to the construction materials that were available nearby. East of the River Irthing, the wall was made from squared stone and measured 3 metres (9.8 feet) wide and 5 to 6 metres (16 to 20 feet) high, while west of the river the wall was originally made from turf and measured 6 metres (20 feet) wide and 3.5 metres (11 feet) high; it was later rebuilt in stone. These dimensions do not include the wall's ditches, berms and forts. The central section measured eight Roman feet wide (7.8 ft or 2.4 m) on a 3 m (10 ft) base. Some parts of this section of the wall survive to a height of 3 m (10 ft).

Immediately south of the wall, a large ditch was dug, with adjoining parallel mounds, one on either side. This is known today as the Vallum, even though the word Vallum in Latin is the origin of the English word wall, and does not refer to a ditch. In many places – for example Limestone Corner – the Vallum is better preserved than the wall, which has been much robbed of its stone.

FUCKING BASED

> Not leading legions on campaign against the barbarians
> Not ruthlessly crushing the provincials when they got uppity
> Contributing to the degeneracy of a great empire

- Imperial bureaucracy became ever larger, inefficient, and sclerotic.
- Significant population declines from the 1-2st centuries led to a loss in tax revenue and number of surplus. unproductive males available for military duty
- Emperors became increasingly insecure and fearful (with good reason) of potential usurpers. Civil wars became a regular occurrence. All of this sapped the vitality of the Roman state and military, as well as making governance progressively more difficult
- Local elites increasingly retreated into fortified, self-sufficient estates and gradually lost connection with trading networks and the broader Roman world. Christian monasticism accelerated this trend
- Relative technological/cultural stagnation with the exception of Christianity.
- Both Roman elites and commoners gradually lost their ancestor's martial traditions and virtues. Increasing numbers of Roman mutilated themselves or their sons to avoid military service, which suggests a less warlike culture and a decline in military living standards/morale.
- Barbarians became increasingly well-organized and militarily formidable.

Granted all of this stuff occurred over hundreds of years, but by around 400 AD enough rot and dysfunction had accumulated such that the Western Roman Empire collapsed relatively quickly. All of these trends tended to produce vicious cycles that built off of each other and made it increasingly difficult for Roman officials to effectively deal with the empire's problems.

The Eastern Roman Empire survived in some form or another for another 1,000 years.

oldie, but goodie

I like what you said there. I will remember it to use in the future. Thanks for saying something to him man. I doubt he has Italian ancestry anyways.

>I've never really understood why people doubt this. Barring extremely abnormal circumstances, most modern populations are related to the populations that used to live there. Like it is so fucking unusual to not have this relationship with native ancestry, that it's extremely obvious when it is.
But a lot of the Italians are not "Romans" at all. Just take a look at this chart:
theapricity.com/earlson/history/emperors.htm

The study in considers all non-mongoloid and all non-negroid admixture to be "white". Indians and Arabs would be white by that definition.

Reminder that pre-arab conquest the Levant was white journals.plos.org/plosgenetics/article?id=10.1371/journal.pgen.1003316

That mean's phoenicians, syrians, jews, carthaginians etc. were white

How popular or well-known is classical Greece and Rome in Brazil? I've always wondered how much of Latin America's popular historical consciousness is based in ancient/medieval Europe via Spain and Portugal.

Not that they're all that similar, but most of the Mexicans I know, even the educated ones, were only vaguely familiar with the classical world.

>oldie

It was literally boatpeople with the help of local christfags.

100% british

>you will never have a friendship as deep and meaningful as Gaius and Aulus

Nigga shut the fuck up that is baroque architecture probably from some gay ass hall in the vatican.

That's not roman, that's neo classical. Some government office in Belgium or France if I remember well.

Damned Lesbianus, defecating everywhere and writing 'hello everyone', you're a shitposter!

That's beautiful

Thanks I'm not really good at drawing but I enjoy making doodles

bravo!

One day I'm going to sit down and read the entire history of this marvellous civilisation.

>"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""quintessentially"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

>that feel when a civilization's good genes all get selected out

Italy, Greece, Spain, France, Sweden, Germany...

England and America are next.

All jokes aside about Trump, imagine if he got elected and built the wall?

Like, it would be such an epic architectural project. It would be one of America's defining monuments.

He should hire a firm to create a 3d rendering of the wall. Make it look fucking beautiful. Release it to the worldwide press.

saved

England experienced mass emigration of its best genetics to all different parts of its empire.

Then a number of men with great genetics were butchered in two world war's.

The English are a former people. We are its ruddy offspring.

robert de niro is mixed with germanics
al capone really loke titus

t.germanic

I agree, but the official end of the UK will be when Remain wins this Thursday.

Those other countries all died earlier.

so sad

WE WUZ EGYPTIANS AND SHEEEEIT

It's sad to watch the empire slowly fade in the last two centuries

>me on the left

It'll probably look like the wall of Israel, not terribly ugly, but not anything you'd like to live next to.
Making it look actually good would cost an abhorrent amount of money that could be spent on more important things like the infrastructure.

>tfw plague of Justinian

The ancient egyptians aren't the same as modern egyptians n shiet.

Who /mastersofrome/ books here?

Really enjoyed them.

Who /Casca The Eternal Mercenary/ here?

>journals.plos.org/plosgenetics/article?id=10.1371/journal.pgen.1003316

They still are technically considered white.

>mfw Baroque surpassed the Ancients in everyway
>mfw Bernini surpassed everyone in everything

Start with your countryman's fine book.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_History_of_the_Decline_and_Fall_of_the_Roman_Empire

I feel like im looking at old pictures. sad that it is over, but happy that it happened.

>Carthaginians were black
>Egyptians were black
>Iberians were black

Is this just Roman shilling?

Best show ever.

Sicilian American checking in; took AncestryDNA, I got 0% African, but I only got 91% European and I got the remaining 9% from the Middle East and the Caucasus.

I kid you not this is what I was listening to before I saw this thread...

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=17&v=YfOahQierMQ

LMAO

>A
>FUCKING
>WREATH
Yfw Romvns can't even into crowns lmao

T R V M P V S M A X I M V S

I M P E R A T O R

I N V I C T V S

youtube.com/watch?v=fPYuhjBqkCQ

Ave, Imperator, morituri te salutant

Yes