Vaporwave is considered a meme genre only because 90% of people firstly discovered it as an internet meme...

Vaporwave is considered a meme genre only because 90% of people firstly discovered it as an internet meme. If you had grown up with it in the very early stages, you would take it seriously and enjoy its language for what it is. Memes destroy everything. They're funny and ironic, sure, but they put up a wall between you and the actual beauty of things. You first see the meme, and you're no longer able to see the value behind it.

is this a pasta

You can make it a pasta if you want

it’s dead faggot, let it go

haha brilliant

I know it's dead

No, it's a meme genre because it's complete garbage that people circlejerked into being a popular thing for some reason.

Is the Donnie Darko soundtrack considered early vaporwave?

Well, if you say so...

If any genre was born to be a meme, it's vaporwave.

yeah because ironic meme music made by 15 year olds who just finished their communism lesson was really threatening

No, you think so just because you discovered it too late. In 2011-2012 until early 2013 it was a serious deal. Every artist was seeking his own sound, the visual imagery was not silly and the small community around it was not ironic. They were actually enjoying a kind of music that was giving new unexpected feels.

Dude now you can make music that's nostalgic for the early days of vaporwave

I know, but what's this got to do with my point?

>he doesn't know that vektroid's entire shtick was making fun of witch house/seapunk/chillwave aesthetics, pretensions, and attitudes

Don't let your scenes be memes.

it was never fucking serious lmao

Wrong

vaporwave is a meme because it started as a meme during a time when meme genres were at their peak

see also:
rapegaze
fatwave
blackwave
shitgaze
oceangrunge
seapunk
witch house
splittercore

Vaporwave is just Chopped and Screwed for white hipsters.
White people always stealing POC's music and claiming at they own.

Uhm, actually no. In the early stages it was not a meme. The fact that some early albums were intended as ironic mockery doesn't make the whole thing a meme. Many artists were trying to develop a new sound, including Lopatin and Telepath.

>The fact that some early albums were intended as ironic mockery doesn't make the whole thing a meme